PDA

View Full Version : USPS to Canada

Talies R
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
How long does it usually take your 4-10 day USPS Airmail to arrive here in Calgary? (from the U.S.)

I'm assuming 4-10 days does not include SAT & SUN...

Gonthro
08-03-2004, 01:15 PM
usually longer, depenign on how long customs wants to play with it before they release it.

it also depends *where* in the us it is coming from

Talies R
08-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
usually longer, depenign on how long customs wants to play with it before they release it.

Do the customs people contact the recipient when it gets to them? or is that only if there is a problem?

rage2
08-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
Do the customs people contact the recipient when it gets to them? or is that only if there is a problem?
If there's a problem (ie paperwork not complete), they'll contact the recipient. It's weird, they do NOT call you. They'll send you a letter asking for an invoice (5-7 business days to get the letter). Then you fax them a copy of the invoice along with your file # from that letter, and another 5-7 business days later you'll get the package.

FiveFreshFish
08-03-2004, 07:30 PM
I ordered bike parts that were shipped via USPS and they took almost 3 weeks to arrive. They were shipped to my office so I had to pay the postie the GST and $5.35 handling fee before he released the package.

Just for comparison, I ordered headlights from California that were shipped USPS Express. The package was sent with all papers in order and arrived by Purolator courier in 3 business days but there was no demand for any money.

I got an invoice in the mail within two weeks for the GST on the goods plus a $5.35 handling fee. Vendor was nice enough to underdeclare the value so I saved about 40% in GST!
:D

Talies R
08-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Just for comparison, I ordered headlights from California that were shipped USPS Express. The package was sent with all papers in order and arrived by Purolator courier in 3 business days but there was no demand for any money.

That's how I should of had it shipped :banghead: I've been waiting 10 days now for something that was supposed to be here 4-10 days air mail...

FiveFreshFish
08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Purolator handles USPS Express stuff very well, so they're good for something! :D

WGR4Pussies
08-04-2004, 01:05 AM
get usps global express, otherwise it will take a fucking year. i got mine is 6 days from LA,

little_wan
08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Purolator is avoiding my phone calls cause they owe me money. I've left a message everyday this week there and no one has been kind enough to call back or pick up my calls

Talies R
08-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by WGR4Pussies
get usps global express, otherwise it will take a fucking year. i got mine is 6 days from LA,

Seriously though, how long is a fucking year?

I don't even know if I've been scammed yet... it could be sitting at the border maybe for all I know....

WGR4Pussies
08-09-2004, 01:13 AM
well alot of places wont ship to canada with normal USPS because it takes so long that the people think they are getting ripped off and complain. I heard it can take a good month.

t-im
08-09-2004, 10:22 AM
2.5ish years ago I got my 7210 shipped up from NYC and it took ~week and a half maybe..customs tore everything open but didn't tax me ANYTHING for it...but then i got the charger mailed seperately a week later and they taxed me on that...:confused: