PDA

View Full Version : Smashy!

bol
08-03-2004, 07:37 PM
This was just a couple of blocks from my house. Don't know what happened as I drove by just as they were pulling the car out from the tree. Sounded real nice hearing the bumper and other plastic bits rip off... haha

Must have been moving to knock the tree down!

bol
08-03-2004, 07:37 PM
hmm

bol
08-03-2004, 07:38 PM
hrmp

finboy
08-03-2004, 07:41 PM
damn, thats gotta hurt

jdmakkord
08-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Haha, that must be the driver in the striped shirt, hell, I've seen so many accidents at that stupid intersection over the years. Though this is the first I can recall being single vehicle.

hjr
08-03-2004, 07:47 PM
maybe the person was cut off and led into the tree

Ben
08-03-2004, 07:55 PM
hahaha, damn, thats brutal!

KoukiS14
08-03-2004, 08:04 PM
How does something like that happen? I hope the driver is stripped of his/her licence for life.

FiveFreshFish
08-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Pretty big hit to set off the airbags.

Hey bol, you've got those damned oxidizing mirror bases too!

bol
08-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Hey bol, you've got those damned oxidizing mirror bases too!

Haha... only on the drivers side! I tell people it's european fungus that got brought back on the BMW.

Superesc
08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
damn that's right around my neighbour hood too...

Kenkeknem
08-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
Is it on Sandrac? Sure looks like the DQ, Subway, Lil' Ceasars strip mall. That is just up the street from me too.

m10-power
08-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Ya those trees on the street must be magnetic, a guy drove his motorcycle head first into one a couple of years ago. Its a straight road how does one find themselves up a tree?

bol
08-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Ya those trees on the street must be magnetic, a guy drove his motorcycle head first into one a couple of years ago. Its a straight road how does one find themselves up a tree?

I remember that... I also seem to remember that he died?

jdmakkord
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
I've seen a rolled over jimmy at the same intersection, let alone the other handfull of accidents I can remember.

KoukiS14
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by bol

I remember that... I also seem to remember that he died?

Yup there are always flowers or leftovers at the base of that tree.

Superesc
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
I am absolutely baffle by how accident could happen there... maybe people turning left and the trees block their views????

finboy
08-04-2004, 12:31 AM
what part of calgary is that in? :dunno:

blueripper6
08-04-2004, 12:33 AM
northwest, sandstone.

I saw that too... we probably live pretty close.

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Right about here:

dezmarez
08-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Kenkeknem

Is it on Sandrac? Sure looks like the DQ, Subway, Lil' Ceasars strip mall. That is just up the street from me too.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
I've seen a rolled over jimmy at the same intersection, let alone the other handfull of accidents I can remember.

Originally posted by KoukiS14

Yup there are always flowers or leftovers at the base of that tree.

ya thats right down the street from me i can see all that from my house....i didnt see the focus hit the tree what time was that at?? im usually at DQ or Subway...ya the jimmy was a while back a hockey bag rolled out the back i thought it was a body scared the shit out of me....at the base of the tree there is flowers and for about 3 months after the accident there was a huge stain on the ashphalt

RiceCake
08-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Damn that's close to home:nut:

Skyline_Addict
08-04-2004, 01:49 AM
WOAH! That's right next to where I fill up for gas at the esso!

Wasn't there a motorcycling accident last year at that same spot where the motorist died?

Gonthro
08-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Wasn't there a motorcycling accident last year at that same spot where the motorist died?

read the whole thread

Xtrema
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Wow, I live in that neighborhood for over 10 years and there's at least some sort of accident there once a year. Cursed?

GQBalla
08-04-2004, 01:12 PM
what are oxidizing mirrors?

talonboi
08-04-2004, 01:16 PM
it was a weird accident...i was outside of subway when it happened...i dont think nayone cut him off...there were no skid marks...looks like he wasnt paying attention and juss hit the tree...people came out and went to see if he was ok..he was mid 30s around there

talonboi
08-04-2004, 01:19 PM
thats the guy who crashed his carhttp://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=681838

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
what are oxidizing mirrors?

That's when the base of the mirror oxidizes. You can see that at the bottom of bol's side mirror in the first picture.

Here's my oxidized side mirror that will hopefully be replaced with a Euro mirror next week.

eb0i
08-04-2004, 02:00 PM
what kind of car crashed ?

kia?

blueripper6
08-05-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

Yes.. a kid I know that went to my school. His dad was in a motor cycle accident at that same location.. unfortunatly he didnt make it out:(

there are tons of accidents. When people are driving up the hill, they want to get to hte bank or the liquor store, they just go before hte first median drive on the wrong side of the road, seen a head on accident. It truly was funny because no one was hurt... haha mustang vs civic...

Xtrema
08-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
what kind of car crashed ?

kia?

One of those new Daewoo made Chevolets/Suzuki. Should not have hit the road for more than 6 months which I have suspision that this driver is a newly licensed immigrant.

Glad that no one got hurt becuase lot of kids goes to DQ in the summer.

<rant>

I'm not racist and I'm Asian. But if he IS a newly licensed driver, his examiner/trainer should be questioned. I've seen way too many Asian drivers (mostly older guys or female) that I won't issue a driving license to in a hundred years. There are too many licenses issued by those cash grabbing Chinatown driving schools unchecked or enforced by any government body.

</rant>

k_dawg
08-05-2004, 12:20 PM
thats gotta hurt.the tree looks pretty bad too lol;)

Ridelikeme
08-05-2004, 01:15 PM
haha... i thought it was illegal to take photographs of a crime scene or accident, but lately there has been alot of them.. haha nice work:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
08-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I'm not racist and I'm Asian. But if he IS a newly licensed driver, his examiner/trainer should be questioned. I've seen way too many Asian drivers (mostly older guys or female) that I won't issue a driving license to in a hundred years. There are too many licenses issued by those cash grabbing Chinatown driving schools unchecked or enforced by any government body.

&lt;/rant&gt;

:werd:
my mom sold her old car to a friend of a friend. this guy had just immigrated from china and didn't speak much english. but that wasn't the problem. went with the guy for a test drive and I almost died! i gave him really good notice to take a left and then realized shortly after that we hard to turn right. despite having plenty of time to adjust, he slams the brakes and swerves the car, almost hitting a parked car on the side. when we asked him if he had taken his driving test and went to driving school, he said it was here in calgary. aside from that debacle, it wasn't difficult to sense that he felt very very weary behind the wheel, shaky at times. he looked timid, to say the very least; very uncomfortable with himself. i don't know where or how he was able to get a license. i understand that as a good samaritan, my mom's friend lent that guy her nissan murano for a couple days. the guy crashed into a parked car and then left the scene without leaving any notice. however, there was a witness, and my mom's friend later recieved a call! i can imagine how shocked and angry she was. well, he wanted the car, so we sold it to him.
so, he comes to pick it up, and my mom tells him that we all think that he needs to learn how to drive.
so, we get the car ready for him in my driveway. he gets in, floors the pedal with the handbrake on and we had to go chase him and flag him down. we get him to put down the hand brake, then off he goes.
i mentioned that the gas was almost empty and whether he knew how to keep track of this kind of stuff and how to fill up gas.
well, we just shrugged. he was gone and there was nothing we could do but wish him godspeed. lol.

AllGoNoShow
08-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

2 Years ago, that was my freinds dad, I wonder what its like for him and his mom to drive by there everyday now :S

TDA
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Guy who hit the tree said himself that his tire blew out and he lost control...

:bullshit:

AllGoNoShow
08-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Maybe it wasn thte same ugy were tlkaing baout, but my buddys dad died 2 years ago, so he coudlnt tell u if a tire blew out or not, same street and place though

DarkDream
08-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Superesc

same here... crazy i haven't seen much of that around in my neighbourhood.... heheh or maybe i just don't read the news!!

7thgenvic
08-12-2004, 12:49 AM
the tree won this round!!!!

FiveFreshFish
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
the tree won this round!!!!

Did they save the tree?

talonboi
08-12-2004, 04:48 PM
i think a tire did blow...when i was there at subway i was outside having a smoke..i heard a loud pop..then i heard a smash...he coulda blew a tire

KoukiS14
08-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Did they save the tree?

Actually its been removed now :(

Teggy2nr
08-13-2004, 02:09 AM
in fact u can see the tree that the motorcycle hit in pic 1 and 2 there is a cross on it in his memory

cycosis
08-13-2004, 02:33 AM
that dood got owned by that tree
:rofl: