PDA

View Full Version : Sport Compact Nights Show - July 26th!

Pages : [1] 2

shadowz
11-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Im reading a flyer I just got today and Performance auto and sound is holding a calgary show called the SCN2003 canadian tour something to look forward to

UPDATE!!!

Originally posted by PATatSCP
PRICE
Hey guys, I was told of this thread so I figured I'd join the board! Just wanted to let you know that tickets for the Sport Compact Nights Show are going to be $15.00, not $20.00... Also, if you pick up the next issue of Performance Auto & Sound magazine we've incorporated a $2.00 coupon to knock the price down a little bit more... the official date will be July 26th at the Telus Convention Centre...

CARS
As far as the cars go, we hope that you all register to compete in the Meguiar's Show 'N' Shine, but we're definitely bringing some cars that aren't available every day. Alpine has chosen this tour to show their RSX for the first time on Canadian soil and many of our sponsors will be bringing demo cars of their own... for more information please visit www.sportcompact.ca . Don't forget to download the registration form or register online and pay via paypal.

GIVEAWAYS
Thanks to our sponsors we'll also be going from booth to booth, giving away products supplied by the manufacturers, distributors and retailers to our spectators...

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

boi-alien
11-05-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Im reading a flyer I just got today and Performance auto and sound is holding a calgary show called the SCN2003 canadian tour something to look forward to

finally! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ben
11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
sweet!!!

LaughingTiger
11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
......WHEN.....................???????:drool: Finally I don't gotta go all the way to Van...........:thumbsup:

Keep us posted please.....

sexualbanana
11-05-2002, 08:03 PM
i still haven't gotten a single issue from my subscription

Ben
11-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Neither have I...wtf:dunno:

got the shirt tho...

Madspinner
11-06-2002, 11:26 AM
yeah ,that will be sweet man.

sexualbanana
11-06-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Benny

got the shirt tho...

i basically just got the subscription for the shirt

James
11-07-2002, 05:15 AM

Originally posted by Benny

Did you guys Pay yet?.......If you Did you got Jacked:dunno:

slowcivic
11-07-2002, 11:57 AM
does the flyer say when or where??? where did u get the flyer?

shadowz
11-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by slowcivic
does the flyer say when or where??? where did u get the flyer?

No it doesnt, and I got the flyer @ work here ZEAL

95acc
11-19-2002, 08:45 PM
It is official it is on July 23. Telus convention centre. 5 shows nation wide.
This is going to be one sweet ass show. :clap:

Madspinner
11-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Why is it at the telus convention center .So is it being outside.Is will be one wicked show. :thumbsup:

shadowz
11-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Its inside on the upper level

Madspinner
11-20-2002, 03:06 PM
Where is the telus convention center ,just so I know.

infamous
11-20-2002, 03:58 PM
downtown calgary...impossible to miss. i think it's on the corner of 7th ave and 2nd street, but i'm not 100% sure though! :dunno:

95acc
11-20-2002, 07:18 PM
I am not sure why it is there or what level it is on. I guess they are holding it inside incase it rains. This is guaranteed to be better than CIN.

Madspinner
11-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Is there lots of room in side for cars ,I thought the roundup center would have more room.

ninspeed
11-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Madspinner
Is there lots of room in side for cars ,I thought the roundup center would have more room.

Yeah the round up is generally where the car shows are (ie: WofW) so you'd think they'd pick there :dunno:

Melinda

CLiVE
11-21-2002, 02:38 PM

I signed up for a subscription at the world of wheels. Never got any issues, so email them and explained/complained.....and finally started getting issues.

They said the guy taking subscriptions at the show no longer works for them

I can PM you a name of someone to call if you wish...I still have his card.

95acc
11-21-2002, 08:09 PM
I think that the Tules convention centre is very big as well. The convention centre is also brand new it is pretty high end i guess.

boi-alien
11-22-2002, 02:41 AM
how're we going to get the cars inside? it is indoors right?

sexualbanana
11-22-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by memystealthandi

I signed up for a subscription at the world of wheels. Never got any issues, so email them and explained/complained.....and finally started getting issues.

They said the guy taking subscriptions at the show no longer works for them

I can PM you a name of someone to call if you wish...I still have his card.

please do that'd be awesome

sexualbanana
11-22-2002, 02:56 AM
the lighting inside the telus convention centre is 10times better than the round up centre's.

kenny
11-22-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
how're we going to get the cars inside? it is indoors right?

Its a fairly large convention center, and I sure hope they put a loading dock for all that floor space.

lammer
11-22-2002, 11:26 AM
this ihave got to see!!:drool: :drool:

ninspeed
11-22-2002, 01:55 PM
the lighting inside the telus convention centre is 10times better than the round up centre's.

:clap: Sweet, better pictures!

Melinda

slowcivic
11-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 95acc
It is official it is on July 23. Telus convention centre. 5 shows nation wide.
This is going to be one sweet ass show. :clap:

july 23rd is a Wednesday ...thats fucked up! Nationwide doesnt mean its any better ...i'd still prefer an american based show like Hot Import Nights, Import Revolution or Import Showoff ...but hey i can't complain ...i'm lookin forward to it already!!!

95acc
11-22-2002, 10:50 PM
I could be wrong about the 23rd but i am sore it is that week in july . There is drive in doors on mcleod tr. i think.

shadowz
11-23-2002, 05:11 AM
Its actually the 26th

95acc
11-23-2002, 09:10 AM
There you go i new it was that week. We have flyers at the shop if anybody wants to check it out.

slowcivic
11-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Does it have the date and place on the flyer you have?? cuz someone told me it was gonna be at the roundup center.

Speed_RaSiR
12-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Finally a decent car related event! after such a ghey summer...

95acc
12-03-2002, 09:39 AM
No it IS going to be at the onvention center the promotors were in talking to us about a week and a half ago.

van
12-03-2002, 09:46 AM
cool cool

slowcivic
12-03-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 95acc
No it IS going to be at the onvention center

cool ...can't wait

spyguy
03-13-2003, 10:57 PM
dont know if this was posted but anyway

www.sportcompact.ca is the website for this event

00Civic
03-14-2003, 01:23 AM
2 weeks after sport compact is Import Show off at the Round Up Center that is the big one from the states. Should be a good summer.

Phats
03-15-2003, 12:11 PM
man, if this is being held at the convention center you can bet that tix to get in will be hella expensive, not that I won't pay to go see it anyway. Damn im a sucker

00Civic
03-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I think tickets to go are going to be 20bucks. That's what I heard.

rsxrsx
03-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 00Civic
I think tickets to go are going to be 20bucks. That's what I heard.

it'll prolly be worth it, a little expensive but oh well, we don't get lots of shows like this anyway...:thumbsup:

shadowz
03-17-2003, 05:17 AM
IMO 20 bucks is way too much to pay to get into a show

ecstasy_civic
03-17-2003, 12:14 PM
im gonna have to agree, i mean ill proably end up paying it but, 20 bucks to see cars that you see all the time.? i could drive a round to alot of different shops and see the same ones. or goto different meets.

so what im a little bitter right now its just my opinion.

boi-alien
03-17-2003, 12:17 PM
$20 entry fee... wow... that's pricey

XxIntegra_BoixX
03-17-2003, 02:03 PM
At first this sounded pretty sweet to look forward to, i mean better then CIN WOW. But then 20 bucks dam thats expenseive.

Superesc
03-17-2003, 02:10 PM
it might be a bit more expensive, but 20bucks not going to stop me from going.

buh_buh
03-17-2003, 05:36 PM
hm.... sounds a lot like CIN.:thumbsdow

shadowz
03-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Hopfully its not 20 bucks, cause if so im gonna sneak people in and not waste their money to see Calgary cars and one or two cars from out of town, not worth the money

nismodrifter
03-17-2003, 07:19 PM
$20 is way to much for a car show, paid like $18 for CIN and that was the biggest waste of money EVER, If I wanted to see an empty concrete floor I should have gone to elsewhere:banghead:

XxIntegra_BoixX
03-29-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Hopfully its not 20 bucks, cause if so im gonna sneak people in and not waste their money to see Calgary cars and one or two cars from out of town, not worth the money

Yah fo sho, I second Nicks opinion, 20 bucks for seeing calgary cars that are already on the streets is not worth it at all. We could host our own event and get the same turn out, except without spending money.

PATatSCP
04-03-2003, 10:22 AM
PRICE
Hey guys, I was told of this thread so I figured I'd join the board! Just wanted to let you know that tickets for the Sport Compact Nights Show are going to be $15.00, not $20.00... Also, if you pick up the next issue of Performance Auto & Sound magazine we've incorporated a $2.00 coupon to knock the price down a little bit more... the official date will be July 26th at the Telus Convention Centre...

CARS
As far as the cars go, we hope that you all register to compete in the Meguiar's Show 'N' Shine, but we're definitely bringing some cars that aren't available every day. Alpine has chosen this tour to show their RSX for the first time on Canadian soil and many of our sponsors will be bringing demo cars of their own... for more information please visit www.sportcompact.ca . Don't forget to download the registration form or register online and pay via paypal.

GIVEAWAYS
Thanks to our sponsors we'll also be going from booth to booth, giving away products supplied by the manufacturers, distributors and retailers to our spectators...

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

PATatSCP
04-05-2003, 11:55 PM
hi everyone, i'm going to be in Calgary next week on a scouting trip and was hoping to get a feel for the city and what the scene is like there... any weekly meets i might be able to drop in on?

Pat

Illusionsir
04-06-2003, 12:31 AM
unfortunatly with the weather as is most people still have their cars parked so i dont know if you going to get a very good feel for our scene.

PATatSCP
04-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the info Cory, much to my satisfaction I got to see enough hot rides in Calgary when travelling from meeting to meeting and just wanted to give you all mad props for a booming sport compact scene.... I can't wait to get this show on the road! Thanks to Amee the BLINGDIAN, Marlon and the rest of the IMPRESSIONS AUTO DESIGNZ crew, and Duane and PJ from BEATMATRIX for a great time, Nick at AutoZeal and Lance and Will at the craziest looking shop I ever saw SPEEDTECH... SEE YOU ALL IN JULY!

XxIntegra_BoixX
04-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Sport compact nights might be looking better now, since its 15, but still 15 is still a little high to see everyday cars. Like 80% calgary cars on roads, 10% better than your average car on the road, and the other 10% is cars far out that we haven't seen before. Im hoping im not right, and that the cars we be pretty sweet.

PATatSCP
04-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Intgra_Boi I'm glad to see we're starting to earn your interest... We fully understand that no one wants to go to a show and look at stuff they can see in a parking lot meet. We are bringing several cars from out of town and a few of the sponsors wil be bringing their demo cars, such as the Alpine RSX, Clarion's unbeatable Talon, etc.... space is starting to run out already for the Calgary stop so if you guys want to compete in the Meguiar's Show 'N' Shine I recommend doing so as soon as possible! THANKS

Pat@SCP

Ben
04-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by XxIntegra_BoixX
Sport compact nights might be looking better now, since its 15, but still 15 is still a little high to see everyday cars. Like 80% calgary cars on roads, 10% better than your average car on the road, and the other 10% is cars far out that we haven't seen before. Im hoping im not right, and that the cars we be pretty sweet.

People complain there are not enough good shows...putting on good shows costs money, this isn't charity...

renting out nice places costs coin, so IMO break down, fork out the 10 and a half and go support your fellow friends with nice rides.

PATatSCP
05-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone, we've hooked up with the guys at BeatMatrix Productions to help promote the event and host the pre and after parties... any suggestions as to where you'd like to see these parties go down? We will be doing ticket and product giveaways at both parties.... :D

Pat@SCP

cocoabrova
05-01-2003, 03:51 PM
We paid $25 for Import Supreme in Van and it was bunk....except for seeing Tila and Francine of course... $15 for an SCN show in Calgary will definitely bring in ppl:thumbsup:

PATatSCP
05-15-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
We paid $25 for Import Supreme in Van and it was bunk....except for seeing Tila and Francine of course... $15 for an SCN show in Calgary will definitely bring in ppl:thumbsup:

I hope you're right, cocoabrova :D don't forget about the $2.00 coupon you can pick up at selected areas, like AutoZeal, Tunerworks, SpeedTech, among others...

The EquAzn
05-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by PATatSCP
Hey everyone, we've hooked up with the guys at BeatMatrix Productions to help promote the event and host the pre and after parties... any suggestions as to where you'd like to see these parties go down? We will be doing ticket and product giveaways at both parties.... :D

Pat@SCP

If your getting BeatMatrix in there, you might as well get Vibe985 to advertise for you guys too, more people will come see your cars. They'll probably do it for free if you let their "Street Team" hang around.

SilverRex
05-18-2003, 07:11 PM
is beyond going to be having a booth there?

l/l/rX
05-18-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

ahaha i was going go to that show...but my friend in BC told me not too because it was going to be gay, and what do you know it was. glad i didnt go

and $15 or $20 for this show aint much at all! compared to HIN, my friend told me it was $35 USD to get into HIN :nut: :thumbsdow soo we should be happy that the price for tickets is only $15 :werd:

PATatSCP
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
is beyond going to be having a booth there?

I've sent a couple of emails to the admins of the board to offer our services but I'm still waiting on a reply... If the members of Beyond.ca are interested in some booth space, shoot me an email at [email protected] ... personally, I'd love to see Beyond at the show and have a few interesting "incentives" I could provide to help promote the show and the club at the same time... any takers?

Pat

amee
05-30-2003, 12:59 PM
great to see larger, proper shows stroll through cowtown this year. like benny said, good to support these shows, so drop the 15$ for SCN and check out the entertainment, prizes, rides, etc. telus convention centre should be an interesting venue.

anyways, I’ll be at SCN montreal next week…let you know how it is!

peace.amee

PATatSCP
06-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Some pics of what's coming to Calgary, courtesy of Shutterspeed himself... for more detailed pics visit www.sportcompact.ca

http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/images/scnmtl/batch_1/3.jpg
http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/images/scnmtl/batch_2/4.jpg http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/images/scnmtl/batch_3/21.jpg http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/images/scnmtl/batch_4/7.jpg

Illusionsir
06-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have any big car plans for SCN?

l/l/rX
06-16-2003, 05:02 PM
is this show going to be small like urban dream? no offense to the organizers of urban dream show, i was expecting bigger. can you give me an estimate of how many cars are going to be there?

55 cent
06-18-2003, 10:11 PM
I heard from a friend that the Sport Compact Nights show in Montreal was AWESOME. It was sponsored by national corporations not only local tuner shops. Over 10 000 people showed up. I can't wait until July 26.

gokuu
06-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Yes, hope that this show is awsome!

l/l/rX
06-18-2003, 11:04 PM
how many cars are in the show?

55 cent
06-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I just heard the after party for Sport Compact Nights will be at the Palace and hosted by Vibe 98.5. They are reserving parking for the entire block for pimped out cars only. It should be sweet seeing all the fixed up cars in front of the Palace at night.

LUDELVR
06-20-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by 55 cent
I just heard the after party for Sport Compact Nights will be at the Palace and hosted by Vibe 98.5. They are reserving parking for the entire block for pimped out cars only. It should be sweet seeing all the fixed up cars in front of the Palace at night.

hahahahah, too bad that half of the guys won't be allowed in because they're asian!! ......or was that at the sky bar??? :confused: :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

CRXguy
06-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

hahahahah, too bad that half of the guys won't be allowed in because they're asian!! ......or was that at the sky bar??? :confused: :confused: :rofl: :rofl:

They're both gay! Fuckers! :nut:

PATatSCP
07-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to remind everyone that time is running out to register your cars to compete in the Meguiar's Show 'N' Shine and Future Shope House Of Boom soundoff. Registration for Show 'N' Shine is $35 and HOB is $55... don't forget that Playboy Lingerie model will also be on hand signing autographs and posing for pics... a small taste of Betty courtesy of the www.sportcompact.ca booth at Import Showoff

http://www.sportcompact.ca/coverage/images/showoff/main2.jpg

Hash_man
07-13-2003, 07:25 PM
This show looks like its gonna be pretty sweet, but I really want to know How many cars will be there???? Because last show, Urban dream... I spent $10 to get in, or whatever it was.. and $3 for parking.. and then there were just the same damn cars I see all the time. and there were like 30-40 of them at most I am guessing.

PATatSCP
07-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
This show looks like its gonna be pretty sweet, but I really want to know How many cars will be there???? Because last show, Urban dream... I spent $10 to get in, or whatever it was.. and $3 for parking.. and then there were just the same damn cars I see all the time. and there were like 30-40 of them at most I am guessing.

Props to the fellas who put on Urban Dream for a job well done, but I like to think that Sport Compact Nights is a whole different ballgame in what we're bringing to the Telus Convention Centre in terms of cars, energy and overall vibe :clap: There will be a major corporate presence, giveaways courtesy of the sponsors and of course, some demo cars you haven't seen just yet! I don't want to give an exact number of cars because 1) We haven't received all competitor registrations just yet! and 2) I like to think that the cars are a major part of the CAR show, but we've geared the tour to encompass the entire sport compact lifestyle...

l/l/rX
07-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man

yeo im with you man. saw them all once before. a few new ones havent seen. but either than that sort of a repeat of earlier v8less. meh still cool.

The EquAzn
07-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Can someone post kind of a schedule? I hate going to these things, and coming right after a showcase, then leaving right before the giveaways... that happens to me all the time...

I want to know when those DJ battles are happening... Anyone help me out?

Hash_man
07-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Ya, and what time is the show going on??? I need to know cuz I have to take my car in to honda in the morning.

I am also pretty stoked for the show now, after seeing the SCN trailer at the best western or whatever it is. And then today there was the alpine RSX tour trailer, and a pioneer trailer... Damn this is gonna be sweet.

l/l/rX
07-25-2003, 11:08 PM
3-11

l/l/rX
07-25-2003, 11:26 PM
btw, hows the lighting going to be there? are you guys going to dim the lights etc. like urban dream?

Illusionsir
07-26-2003, 12:46 AM
oh yes all the lights will be off beside a main scafold that will shead a little like :thumbsup:

Ben
07-26-2003, 12:54 AM
See y'all there ;)

nismodrifter
07-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by The EquAzn
Can someone post kind of a schedule? I hate going to these things, and coming right after a showcase, then leaving right before the giveaways... that happens to me all the time...

I want to know when those DJ battles are happening... Anyone help me out?

yeah...anybody have a kind of schedule as to whatz going on at what time??

davidI
07-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know what the hours are? The website says 3-11 but I've got a promo that says 1-10?

Illusionsir
07-26-2003, 06:17 PM
from what i understand it goes from 1:30 till 11 pm.

l/l/rX
07-26-2003, 10:50 PM
WOOH mad sweet show! props to patatscp and other organizers for one hell of a great show! best part....seeing Betty Ahn, MAAN is she ever smoking!! LOL. welpz there were other best parts of the show, such as FREE STUFF LOL :D, seeing wicked ass cars etc. alpine RSX, other rsx's and other PHAT ASS RIDES! speedtech had sweet rides, v-side s2000, civic with buddy club front end w/ turbo, and other booths had amazing ass rides. also the djing/stage shows were wicked! props to you all.

edit: thought beyond was going to have a booth there?

Ben
07-27-2003, 12:38 AM
pics are on their way.

Props on a great show!

Nice work SC

nismodrifter
07-27-2003, 01:05 AM
I have a vid and it will be up after editing tonight....check in the photo/video gallery tomorrow sometime for the video :thumbsup:

great show...tons of free stuff....

only problem I saw was that it was too dark inside...lights should have been a bit brighter in places.

Rydog
07-27-2003, 01:08 AM
i also have a ton of pics, will post in the days to come.

good show overall, agree that it was too dark in a couple of areas tho. still good, lots of free swag.

girlRACER
07-27-2003, 02:12 AM
The photo editing part took me 4 hours :banghead:

Moonracer
07-27-2003, 02:26 AM
I'll be waiting for pics guys cause I didn't get to go. :(

BigMass
07-27-2003, 09:55 AM
too many Hondas. Didnt see one Eclipse, Supra or the like. But i guess people put more go into those cars then show. Other than that good show.

Rydog
07-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
too many Hondas. Didnt see one Eclipse, Supra or the like. But i guess people put more go into those cars then show. Other than that good show.

uhhhh....how did you miss that blue Eclipse with the white interior? :confused: :dunno: It kind of stood out. It was at the opposite side of the hall then the stage.

4G63Power
07-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Just_d16n
blue Eclipse

Talon :tongue:

Hash_man
07-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Ya, the show was pretty sweet. I was with Creeper, and we got 47 minutes of film. lol.

I think he will be editing it soon, and maybe post some stuff.

BigMass
07-27-2003, 01:44 PM
yeah i must of missed it :(

bugmanrs
07-27-2003, 02:46 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/member/index.html?c=201&name=bugmanrs&show_all=1&startIndex=1

click on "show - S.C.N. '03"

I managed to sqeaze off 25 car shots before my battery died.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pc793c221ac5485799b057cb7c0c357e8/fb8ff482.jpg

dj_honda
07-27-2003, 03:55 PM
what kind of free stuff did you guys get?
i kind of wish i went , but i had to work.......but i am going to the 2 day finals in van :D