PDA

View Full Version : opinions... CADILLAC DEVILLE

xkon
08-04-2004, 11:29 AM
I have an opportunity to get an unbelievable deal on a 99 Sedan DeVille with low Km... whats everyones take on the car? I know its a seniormobile, but it would be a nice change from my car now.. ive had it almost 2 years!

and its in MINT shape

QuasarCav
08-04-2004, 11:34 AM
the prices are really good for older ones that are out of their warrenty period.

4.6 Northstar? Good power but the thing weighs like 5000lbs.

how old are you?

Redlyne_mr2
08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Built like shit and expensive to maintain but if youre getting it for next to nothing then all that crappyness might be worthwhile

civicrider
08-04-2004, 11:39 AM
if you can afford to pay for the gas its gonna guzzle why not, or you could always sell it for more.

QuasarCav
08-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Cheaper than 7-10G's?

xkon
08-04-2004, 11:42 AM
dunno... ive had an El for a few years now and im getting tired of it, but damn its a good car, and I KNOW itll run for another 10 years, and if not i can fix it easily... the caddy, not so much... id be using it to commute 2km to work, thats about it

...and im 26, so i may not be old enough yet for the thing

Ridelikeme
08-04-2004, 01:51 PM
fuck man, buy the caddy, throw it on bags and 20's... they are heavy and bad on gas, but they are one of the smoothest riding vehicles around.... if u have the chance pick up an STS, that would be even better, but devilles are sick, too bad its not a coupe

look at it this way, if snoop rolls around in one as his daily driver then im sure u can be pimp doin it too
haha:thumbsup:

civicrider
08-04-2004, 01:55 PM
yeah but snoop is a millionair and can afford it. why would you wanna drive a caddy around that does the same as you EL but its gonna cost you 10x more to keep it on the road.

Redlyne_mr2
08-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Holly shit snoop drives one!!!!! I retract my previous comment, throw 30s on that thing and go an pick up some N.E. skanks

groundpilot
08-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Not... Snoop has the SNOOP DEVILLE... a little more Pimpin' that a coupe deville...

groundpilot
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=3130

ACX
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Rock on playboy..

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/search_results.pl?make=Cadillac&model=DeVille&start=21&show=20

Weapon_R
08-04-2004, 02:44 PM
They are very well built cars. There is no denying Cadillac's history of reliability and build quality.

I just can't see you driving one :poosie:

FiveFreshFish
08-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by xkon
...and im 26, so i may not be old enough yet for the thing

Cadillac is winning over younger buyers, too. Three years ago, the average Cadillac buyer was 58 years old. Today, a typical new customer is around 54, according to the Power Information Network, the market research arm of J.D. Power and Associates.

That's still more than double your age! :D

Source: http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0404/05/c01-111836.htm

xkon
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
ha ha ha

i cant decide... it does ride nice, and the rims have only one scuff on them, otherwise they are all perfect

no spinners for me though :thumbsdow

A_3
08-04-2004, 03:19 PM
First and only car i've ever owned, 1990 Cadillac Deville. :D What can I say, personally I don't find it the most attractive vehicle, but I cannot complain about it's build or reliability. It's been in the family since it was new and maintained very well, it had next too no problems until I got it, and the only reason it developed problems then was because I drove it way to hard (new driver :rolleyes: ) When parts go they aren't "cheap" to repair but it is not as expensive as you imagine, I am almost 18 and i've been able to pay for 90% of the repairs myself with my limited funds. I commute on the highway to work everyday and I can get the economy down to about 10.5L/100km and in the city she does around 12.5-13.5L/100km. Plus she is virtually undamagable haha (again new driver :rolleyes: ). If i have ever had any comments from my friends is it's how much fun they have being in my car, massive back seats, leather, all sorts of adjustable things to occupy there small minds and a great stock sound system, all I did was toss in a 10 disc mp3 player to make up for the lack of stock cd player and it was perfect. What else can I tell ya... smoothest ride around like already been mention (not my thing, kinda like to feel the road), great pick up for a car of it's size, she can be pretty speedy if you want her to be. Alot of cool little gagdets all over these things. It's a car that eventually people begin to identify you with because they are sort of unique. I am a fan of that year of Deville much more then I am a fan of mine. But over all the car has treated me very well despite my newbie driving tactics back in the day. If you really like how it looks go for it for sure, you will really enjoy it. Oh and it costs me about $40-50 to fill with low grade on average, depending on gas prices. Oh and girlfriends dads have always liked my car :dunno: dunno if that's mean anything but thought i'd toss it in. Goodluck with your purchase, for that price I would put some hard consideration into purchasing it. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

Ridelikeme
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Holly shit snoop drives one!!!!! I retract my previous comment, throw 30s on that thing and go an pick up some N.E. skanks
man i was just kiddin, i still think they are pimp cars though... dont need the sarcasm though

Originally posted by groundpilot
Not... Snoop has the SNOOP DEVILLE... a little more Pimpin' that a coupe deville...
snoops car is just a pimped out coupe, he also owns several other caddies including a few sedans encluding a sts and a deville... information courtesy of funk master flex

A_3
08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
^ haha and one is bullet proof.

Haha, I had totally forgot about this until I read this post...

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=207588

the Cadillac Snoop Deville, type that into search and you will find the original thread. I just included the article. Pretty :bigpimp: if you ask me.

xkon
08-04-2004, 03:35 PM
hmmm.... it seemed pretty solid... im gonna drive it for a few days and see if i like :burnout:

QuasarCav
08-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by xkon
hmmm.... it seemed pretty solid... im gonna drive it for a few days and see if i like :burnout:

Make sure your prune juice fits in the cup holders, oh does the mirror adjust for you if your wearing depends?

:rofl: :rofl:

xkon
08-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Make sure your prune juice fits in the cup holders, oh does the mirror adjust for you if your wearing depends?

:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:
you just made me spit my prune juice out all over the monitor!!!

ppfpfpfppfttt! ooops!

1badPT
08-04-2004, 04:58 PM
An EL isn't exactly a 26 yr old's car either :dunno:

Who cares what age group normally drives the thing, if you like it, get it. And if you can get a good deal so much the better. Powerful engine, RWD, classy interior, good sound system... whats not to like? If a small econobox appealed to you, I doubt you'd even be considering this purchase.

And if you ever get tired of it, you can always throw DUB 2's on it and pimp the thing out :poosie:

Moe Man
08-05-2004, 12:04 AM
go for it, i was thinking of buying a STS once but my dad will sleal it from me all the time :banghead:

my neighbour is selling a 96 STS for 9000, smack on some pimpin rims and there you go :thumbsup:

ALI BABA
08-05-2004, 12:51 AM
those cars are well built and so :bigpimp: 'ed

JordanLotoski
08-05-2004, 12:59 AM
to bad its not a 2000....so much nicer body style
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/158000-158999/158204_3_full.jpg

JordanLotoski
08-05-2004, 01:15 AM
22's hawwwt

Ben
08-05-2004, 06:24 PM
hahahahahahahaha

buy it Jesse!

"It looks so nice parked out there in the drive way"

"Well dont you go falling in love with it clark, cause she's coming with us when we leave here next monnth"

xkon
08-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Ben
hahahahahahahaha

buy it Jesse!

"It looks so nice parked out there in the drive way"

"Well dont you go falling in love with it clark, cause she's coming with us when we leave here next monnth"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dieselpower91
08-06-2004, 12:58 AM
I would buy it. I bought a 92' just over a year ago. Damn fine cars! Mine had the 4.9L (no northstar for those non caddy lovers)
and It ran a 16.2 @ racecity with the only mod being a cold air intake. so many great features that I miss such as auto dimming mirrors!

I drove tons of ELs when I worked at NW Acura.. the interiors dont compare to the cadillac in my opinion.. they are fine built cars!

But drive it for a few days and see for yourself!
I will definately buy caddy again!

Heres a photoshop my caddy.

Xpnsve
08-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Looks like an old mans car

dieselpower91
08-07-2004, 01:29 PM
:whocares: :hitit:

it's :bigpimp:

does this one look old man too you?
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/424749

xkon
08-07-2004, 02:53 PM
damn, took too long :( now it looks like itll be an STS :)

i like those better anyhow

Ridelikeme
08-08-2004, 10:18 PM
good call with the sts.. sooo much nicer, doesnt it stand for sport touring sedan? while the deville is well... driven by older people for the most part.