PDA

View Full Version : Whos Heading To SAIT This Fall?

Toms-Celica
08-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Like the topic says
'Whos Heading To SAIT This Fall?'
I am! Taking Network Engineering Technology which is going to feed into another course called Bachelor of Applied Technology Infomartion Systems.

My goals while at SAIT is to start a sort of 'soical club' (drinking team) called the SAIT Top Gun's! Should be interesting! :devil:

wildrice
08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
i'm heading to sait this fall
but i'm going into computer engineering tech.

jaylo
08-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
i'm heading to sait this fall
but i'm going into computer engineering tech.

same here, we'll be school buds!

wildkarrde
08-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Me too.

New Media Production & Design.

I'm so in for the drinking team.

spike98
08-04-2004, 01:50 PM
I am moving to calgary to go to sait. I am taking mechanical engineering. Hell ill be in the drinking team!

Do we get shirts?

SwitchBlade
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Haha im going this fall also, but, for buisness admin. automotive marketing. Top guns hey? Well i think we need callsigns and need to refer to each other as wingman. I dibs Maverick :poosie: I second the t-shirt idea :thumbsup:

Toms-Celica
08-04-2004, 11:03 PM
You guys read my mind. I would do the shirts threw Melinda. We need a basic order of 20 t-shirts. It would read...

'TOP GUN' With a small SAIT over the T. Ill be drawing up the design this weekend. I would like to see if have 20 full time members. With leader, event organizers, recruiters, and members.

Melinda
08-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
You guys read my mind. I would do the shirts threw Melinda. We need a basic order of 20 t-shirts. It would read...

'TOP GUN' With a small SAIT over the T. Ill be drawing up the design this weekend. I would like to see if have 20 full time members. With leader, event organizers, recruiters, and members.
Hey Tom! Appreciate the order, but the min is 24 ;) Hope that doesnt scare you off! :)

xDiMSuMx
08-05-2004, 03:35 PM
2nd semester of business :zzz:

Toms-Celica
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Hey Tom! Appreciate the order, but the min is 24 ;) Hope that doesnt scare you off! :)

4 more eh? ah shit, that tipped the scale, to rich for my blood.

No really, I don't care, just gotta see how many members hook up but you are my #1 choice.

Anyother SAIT people?

cityhunter2501
08-13-2004, 06:56 PM
im back to take Petroleum engineering

Horatio
08-14-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm taking Industrial Instrumentation

Greg

AccordTypeR
08-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Im also taking busness admin automotive, im in for a drinking club too! :D

FroggerDude
08-16-2004, 04:39 AM
Second year in network engineering technology

Shelby_Daytona
08-17-2004, 09:22 AM
So theres two ppl in "business admin-automotive marketing" already just on this board, im taking it as well, and living at res....so that brings the grand total to 3! I asked how many ppl were taking this when i called SAIT and they said that there were around 30.... Goin to Barrie next year? You dont have a choice really.....haha

The drinking team sounds like an awesome plan.....it sucks i cant drink.... i got in a car accident in march, ended up in a coma for 2-3 weeks and they said my heads not healed 100% yet, and suggested that i refrain from alchohol for up to a year, my cars wrecked too, and i wasnt even driving....it sucks.

AccordTypeR
08-17-2004, 02:31 PM
its cool to hear that there are other people from this board going into busness admin automotive, Hash_man another fourm member is going into that program as well so there is 4:burnout:

see you all at the orientation:thumbsup:

Shelby_Daytona
08-17-2004, 02:40 PM
on the 27th at 9:00 am? Im 19, failry short, 5'6"? and 200 lbs....i think ... yeah for sure, so there are 4 ppl on this board taking this program, are you going to go to barrie ontario next year for the following 4 semesters? What about co-op work? where you planning on doing that? I am going to barrie next year, and i am not sure where i am going to do the work right now, but i have some prospects.

SwitchBlade
08-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Yea, ill be at the orientation thing too ill be the tall guy you wont miss me. Im prolly gonna head to barrie, altho i have heard rumors of them bringing the second year to calgary tho. Hopefully that pans out.

AccordTypeR
08-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Hash and i are also going to barrie, i head that its only for 1 semester tho??:dunno: i wanna try to work a some tuning shop but who knows if that will happen, but ill be at the oreintation, im about 6' and ill have a black hat on, im sure ill see you all there.

ApexDrift
08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
second year enginnering design drafting tech...

and to the future drinking team... beer is supposed to have bubbles the beer at THE GATE (saits poor excuse for a bar) has no bubbles, thats how watered down it is!:barf:

Toms-SC
08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey, so if you guys are serious about TOPGUN I'll get the ball rolling around the second week of classes. For the time being I will just make a iron on t-shirt.

:)

shadow
08-25-2004, 08:58 PM
I will be there this year again I was in business admin-automotive marketing last semester but I hopped into regular business admim this go around. All the Kids are done their summer jobs and off to barrie.. I will tell you what they think of it there if I hear from them. =)

Shelby_Daytona
08-27-2004, 08:57 PM
people in business admin - autmotive marketing....who are you? im Jay Weber....the kid from yellowknife.....introduce yourselves

SwitchBlade
08-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey im Mike VanDerZee, i'm the tallest one there you shouldnt miss me.

civiclvr
08-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Apex.. i'm second year eddt as well... who r u?

shadow
09-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey there Dave L here I am in Business Administration. I was in Business Administration Automotive Marketing last year. I keep on seeing Apexis car in the parking lot it is the only clean anniversary edition Rx-7 I see around there.. We never see eachother but we like parking next to one another. =)

Toms-SC
09-07-2004, 07:48 AM
thats cool, hows everybody liking SAIT so far? Can't say I enjoy getting up at 6...but

Davetronz
09-08-2004, 08:01 AM
4th semester CNT (Computer Engineering Tech). Love it, have since the beginning. A lot of work though. :thumbsup:

dragon33
09-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Hey you Automotive Marketing guru's........I've taken the course, went to barrie and dropped it like a bad habit. The auto show you get to is awesome, but the program itself it a bit lacking in direction. I'd say figure out now what you want to do with the automotive world, cause this program is only going to get you contacts, not a life setting direction. I've got buddies that have graduated from it and they're working golf couse jobs, changing oil.....ect. Get your contacts, don't come back to Calgary.......there's nothing here, party in T.O., Missasagua beach, and hit up the Roxy when your laxin it up in Barrie. Oh, I'm back at Sait, finishing up some business with a marketing focus. Maybe I'll actually get a real job once I graduate. Good luck washing cars.....

dragon33
09-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Hey you Automotive Marketing guru's........I've taken the course, went to barrie and dropped it like a bad habit. The auto show you get to is awesome, but the program itself it a bit lacking in direction. I'd say figure out now what you want to do with the automotive world, cause this program is only going to get you contacts, not a life setting direction. I've got buddies that have graduated from it and they're working golf couse jobs, changing oil.....ect. Get your contacts, don't come back to Calgary.......there's nothing here, party in T.O., Missasagua beach, and hit up the Roxy when your laxin it up in Barrie. Oh, I'm back at Sait, finishing up some business with a marketing focus. Maybe I'll actually get a real job once I graduate. Good luck washing cars.....:dunno:

wildkarrde
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
All my classes start at 10am, and I'm in the gate every lunch.

Can't say there are too many hot girls in the ICT building though :(

cityhunter2501
09-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
All my classes start at 10am, and I'm in the gate every lunch.

Can't say there are too many hot girls in the ICT building though :(
Senator Burns is where most of them are at.
sad thing for my class is that there is no girls this year on my class

saiyajin
09-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

Senator Burns is where most of them are at.
sad thing for my class is that there is no girls this year on my class

wtf noooo senator burns may be the alternative but Heart building will always be where the hotties are..altho limited haha

Hash_man
09-10-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm there in the Business admin, automotive marketing program... so far so good... but 8am starts sure suck, i hate dealing with the traffic heading up there.

Hey you Automotive Marketing guru's........I've taken the course, went to barrie and dropped it like a bad habit. The auto show you get to is awesome, but the program itself it a bit lacking in direction. I'd say figure out now what you want to do with the automotive world, cause this program is only going to get you contacts, not a life setting direction. I've got buddies that have graduated from it and they're working golf couse jobs, changing oil.....ect. Get your contacts, don't come back to Calgary.......there's nothing here, party in T.O., Missasagua beach, and hit up the Roxy when your laxin it up in Barrie. Oh, I'm back at Sait, finishing up some business with a marketing focus. Maybe I'll actually get a real job once I graduate. Good luck washing cars.....

Can't say im excited to hear that, i must say though, your probably the first person that i have heard say bad things about the program.. but i guess onyl time will tell how it is.

ApexDrift
09-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by civiclvr
Apex.. i'm second year eddt as well... who r u?

im angus im a annoying chinese guy thats always late for class, i drive the white FC with the annoying BOV!... who are you?... dave dawson screwed me over this year so i dont have a full course load... so you probably dont see me much

marq-jt
09-10-2004, 01:31 PM
im not sure if i wanna go this fall or not maybe next semester and take a quick course of support cumputer technichian....otehr than that i mgiht as well take csome otehr minor computer courses....

SwitchBlade
09-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
I'm there in the Business admin, automotive marketing program... so far so good... but 8am starts sure suck, i hate dealing with the traffic heading up there.

Can't say im excited to hear that, i must say though, your probably the first person that i have heard say bad things about the program.. but i guess onyl time will tell how it is.

I agree, I think your the first person to say that. The only thing i have heard thats been undesirable, is the fact that you have to move to barrie for 2 semesters.

I thought most graduates got some pretty good jobs. Didn't redlyne_mr2 get a job at Diablo motorsports? Some other people i know have jobs with various dealerships and tuner shops. Hopefully, someone else can shed some light on this.

digi355
09-13-2004, 03:23 AM
Just a warning, I finished got a good job out of the deal but most of you on here will end up getting screwed by them. They pump you up for success the whole time your there. It dosont take long to realize your on your own. Some word of adivsed for your last days. Trust no one, don't say aword about where your going or what your doing. Everyone you know will stab you in the back. Thats not to say you shouldnt listen to the loud mouths. Write down what they say and apply for all teh jobs they talk about. Your not going to be a CEO so stop thinking that now. Allot of the grad from NET and CET think there going to be these big swining dicks down town when there done. Five words gentlemen. "Thank you for choosing shaw." Be pepared to be humbled as soon as you walk out the door. Be prepared to make 12 bucks an hour, be prepared to not get a job. 90% employment rate is a total lie.

Like i said above I got a good job cause I went to SAIT but not everyone does. Heres how to beat them, Grades dont matter, get your diaploma thats all you need. Hit the ground running, when your done you should already have had some interviews. Don't quit looking.

Done and done. Hope my rant helps.

2000impreza
09-13-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by digi355
Just a warning, I finished got a good job out of the deal but most of you on here will end up getting screwed by them. They pump you up for success the whole time your there. It dosont take long to realize your on your own. Some word of adivsed for your last days. Trust no one, don't say aword about where your going or what your doing. Everyone you know will stab you in the back. Thats not to say you shouldnt listen to the loud mouths. Write down what they say and apply for all teh jobs they talk about. Your not going to be a CEO so stop thinking that now. Allot of the grad from NET and CET think there going to be these big swining dicks down town when there done. Five words gentlemen. "Thank you for choosing shaw." Be pepared to be humbled as soon as you walk out the door. Be prepared to make 12 bucks an hour, be prepared to not get a job. 90% employment rate is a total lie.

Like i said above I got a good job cause I went to SAIT but not everyone does. Heres how to beat them, Grades dont matter, get your diaploma thats all you need. Hit the ground running, when your done you should already have had some interviews. Don't quit looking.

Done and done. Hope my rant helps.

LOL! the sad truth. i figured this out very early.... and no one believed me... haha.

max_boost
09-13-2004, 09:06 AM
All schools inflate their statistics.....haha

My buddy graduated from U of L with Econ/Mktg, status currently unemployed:D

SpeedStar
09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm taking my 1st year for the Auto Service Tech course. So far so good, I can say I'm quite enjoying it. Can't wait to be able to work on my car too!

gorillam
09-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Network Engine Eering Here too!
2nd year!
SAIT!

ApexDrift
09-22-2004, 03:20 PM
i think that after graduating sait you'll find a job! and when sait calls you to ask you if you got a job and you say "yeah i got a job" ,they will add it in the statistics saying you got a job. they wont care if you found a job at Mc donalds and not in the field of study you studied, they only care if you found a job

Tha VZA
09-29-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501
im back to take Petroleum engineering

i am starting first year, prob of 4 or 5

so yeah drinking is fun hey!!!!!!
first story @ SAIT, 10 mins to lecture, 9 guys one girl, 4 pitchers, made lecture on time.......feeling mighty fine

haha black label lol

TOP GUN sounds cool PM me or sumthin

ciao

GreyFox
09-30-2004, 09:10 AM
What's up guys, just joined beyond about a week ago and just noticed this tread today...

But yea, I'm not much of a drinker, and I don't really know any of you guys so maybe I'll drop by once or twice, but I don't think I'm gonna go as far as to get the shirt and everything haha

But if it do, props to whoever thought of TopGun for the name! I love that movie haha. I call dibs on goose if we decide to have call signs lol

I'm taking Business Admin right now as well, first semester, straight out of high school :D

shadow
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Perhaps we should get some get togethers going Mrc students have had a couple and I have been going to them.. but I am actually going to SAIT so it would be fun if we coule get people together for lunch or somthing.

snipa_mini85
09-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Yet another NNT'r here, so far we've lost bout 20 guys since last year.

Toms-SC
10-01-2004, 10:03 AM
That would be a cool thing! It would be difficult to get ours schedules insync...

shadow
10-01-2004, 10:24 AM
We could either do it on a evening or on a weekend if we could not work out a schedual more like a meet then.

I would definitely be up for a meet.

It could be a meet and greet or something but it does not have to be directly at sait cause then we would have to pay for parking we could meet and eat... at some place local.. like earls or something..

seer_claw
10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Didn't notice this topic until today. I'm taking Civil Engineering Tech. I would be up for a meet sometime althougth I am going to have to wait until my car is out of the shop.

4CylFiero
10-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm in electrical engineering, Any one else?, I on the other hand do not think the beer at the gate is watered down, black label and canadian make interesting afternoon classes.

GucciBoy
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
count me in too! i would be up for a meet.

What is the gate that Im always hearing and seeing about?

wildrice
10-17-2004, 02:16 PM
i believe ur talking about the gateway
i could be mistaken but if u are talking about the gateway
it's the bar at sait

GucciBoy
10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wildrice
i believe ur talking about the gateway
i could be mistaken but if u are talking about the gateway
it's the bar at sait

Oh ok, thanks. Have you been there yet?

seer_claw
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
The Gate is not too bad, usually have decent specials on. But it is usually dead. :dunno:

GucciBoy
10-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok how bout this, I'll start and arrange something 9or attempt to)

How does a Friday evening sound? Maybe around 4-6pm? Say Earls Tin palace?

feel free to add to the arrangements,

shadow
10-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Hey sounds like a good idea... I would be in.. unfortunately I gots to bring the winter POS cause I uninsured the fun car..

Lets see if we can get a fair amount of people.. I might be able to harass some more people into coming.. but so far just 1.

seer_claw
10-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I'd be up for that. Keep us posted and see what is happening.

GucciBoy
10-18-2004, 07:06 PM
ok sounds good peeps. If we can get it together, lets plan for say this Fri Oct 22. We dont need a ton of people, but a good size group would be nice. talk to your mates and buds and see what they say.

Earls Tin Palace Fri Oct 22, say 6pm. I figure its a good time, should be done classes by then. if Im correct most students get off early on fridays.

if you care to discuss further with me and add me on msn feel free

[email protected]

seer_claw
10-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Are people still planning on showing up tomorrow? I plan on being there.

ApexDrift
10-21-2004, 12:35 PM
mechanical eng is so boring bryn davies is putting me to sleep!

is anyone at sait on line now?....

shadow
10-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by seer_claw
Are people still planning on showing up tomorrow? I plan on being there.

yep people are still showing up I will go there a little early to make sure we have a table.

civiclvr
10-21-2004, 02:42 PM
oh god i have bryn for electrical.... fall asleep everyday!!! lol he just tries so hard with the most BORING material!!

GucciBoy
10-21-2004, 06:46 PM
6pm tommorow at earls tin palace. if you want to meet up on sait campus prior and head down with me, feel free to let me know.

Im done class at about 430.

4CylFiero
10-21-2004, 10:39 PM
I won't be making it, I have two birthdays im going to over the weekend, I'm up for a lunch meet or something next week though. Apex Drift you should give Jake a call, come out this weekend. Who is this Byrn, I have Scott for Electrical and Derrick for Digital (Derrick is hilarious he gets mad if you ask questions)

Does anyone have MATH 235 and if so when is your midterm?

Davetronz
10-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
I won't be making it, I have two birthdays im going to over the weekend, I'm up for a lunch meet or something next week though. Apex Drift you should give Jake a call, come out this weekend. Who is this Byrn, I have Scott for Electrical and Derrick for Digital (Derrick is hilarious he gets mad if you ask questions)

Does anyone have MATH 235 and if so when is your midterm?
Derrick So'Brien?
Dont interrupt him if he is watching a movie in lab... He will lose it.
lol
The only reason he gets upset if you ask questions is because he has no clue.

seer_claw
10-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Sorry, won't be able to make it tonight. Ran into some family issues that need to be taken care of. :( Really hate when things like this happen.

We will have to make another time to get together.

eur0
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
just read this post...i havnt seen this one before...funny thing is i already met a guy in my class who posted in this thread haha pretty cool...i met him cause i saw his monitor was on beyond too..funky

haha topgun, lovin the idea!

Im in New Media aswell.

Madspinner
10-24-2004, 03:04 AM
Yeah I'll be starting there on monday .

teknical
10-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Fall student here also :D

ApexDrift
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM
should there be a mini beyond meet at SAIT?...

like a get together at the gate and drink the watered down beer with no bubbles!?

4CylFiero
11-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Agreed, Bring girls from your program too, I don't have any in my program, it's such a disappointment :P hahah just jokin

wildrice
11-06-2004, 11:33 PM
hahaha, yea, i'm in cnt, and there's only i female
i was actually pretty surprised to even seen ONE
LOL

teknical
11-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Im game, name the time and i'll be at the gate.

ApexDrift
11-25-2004, 11:54 AM
SAIT parking is gay!

$20 frickin bucks if you lose one of there tickets
Fuck that noise, im drive through right behind my friend

who wants to help me blow up all the ticket dispencing things

(sorry for the spaz)

seer_claw
11-25-2004, 01:19 PM
*hint hint* just lift up the gate. I see people do it at least once a day. Easy to do to. My friend never pays parking, at P1 anyway.:D

teknical
11-25-2004, 01:23 PM
haha yea, lifting it is so easy to do and saves you a bit of money.

1BADSTI
12-03-2004, 08:57 AM
CNT graded...Freakin took me 2 years to find a job...

Madspinner
12-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Ha, yeah everytime I leave the SAIT parking the gate is always up, ha I like the free parking .
I thought you were talking about me seer_claw.

seer_claw
12-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Not you this time Madspinner. lol, one of the guys from my class. But in this case I will make an exception and include you as well. ;)

Hash_man
12-07-2004, 03:04 AM
SAIT parking is gay!

$20 frickin bucks if you lose one of there tickets
Fuck that noise, im drive through right behind my friend

who wants to help me blow up all the ticket dispencing things

(sorry for the spaz)

Gate almost came down on my car the other day... stupid shit, and I parked in the $10 lot too!~

Stupid forgetting my parking pass.

I'm done at sait next week, lol... anyone setting anything up, i'd probably come out.

Madspinner
12-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah I'm done on the 17th . But will be back for my second year soon.

eur0
12-14-2004, 01:23 AM
anyone drive a newer black teg with 16" rims and 403 sticker on it? always see it and was just curious...i also always see a silver 98+ teg with a muffler and tans old 4th gen yellow civic hb

seer_claw
12-14-2004, 07:52 AM
The silver teg would mine. And I believe that the black one is Madspinner's. Mikey_008 also has a silver teg but no muffler and a ITR lip.

Argh, no time to drive right now... 4 more finals this week. With the worst 2 on Thursday. Hows everyone elses exams? Stressed?:cry: :(

Shelby_Daytona
12-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I had one friday, one monday, one today (tuesday) and one tomorrow and im done....the accounting will be the worst ..its tomorrow....

teknical
12-14-2004, 06:11 PM
acct monday, mgmt today, bfin tomorrow and mktg thursday, then I'm done