RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:22 PM
which ones are most recommended?

things to keep in mind:
economical
fuel efficient
not huge
torque/power

my dad is looking to buy a SUV and we don't know anything about them.

right now, as a loaner (b/c my dad got hit and the van is in the shop) we have a 03' Jeep Liberty.

IMO: the front is really ugly.

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Kia Sorrento!

Economical
Fuel Efficient
Not Huge
Torque/Power

Stratus_Power
11-05-2002, 06:25 PM
price range?? but i recommand CRV.... except everyone has one....

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Kia Sorrento!

Economical
Fuel Efficient
Not Huge
Torque/Power
I had a dream last night that Kia went bankrupt....anyways umm the toyota highlander, honda crv, nissan exterra, toyota rav 4, acura mdx, honda pilot oh ya and almost all the subarus//
perosnally id go with the exterra, or the rav4 for best bang for buck

Stratus_Power
11-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Pilot and MDX is not really Economical or fuel efficient or even "not huge" :P

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Toyota Highlander or 4Runner would be good choices as well

Honorable mention to the CRV and Pilot

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/03sorento.htm

Go Kia!

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 06:30 PM
oh hell no! my dad doesn't want a Kia...haha

we are trying to push him towards the MDX...my brothers want him to buy an escalade..haha..but that is highely doubtful! although he loves cadillac...he also is eyeing the X5

i know he doesn't want a Rav4 or a CRV

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
oh hell no! my dad doesn't want a Kia...haha

we are trying to push him towards the MDX...my brothers want him to buy an escalade..haha..but that is highely doubtful! although he loves cadillac...he also is eyeing the X5

i know he doesn't want a Rav4 or a CRV

Sorrento is the bargain version of the MDX!

But go for the MDX man, its so sweet

5.9 R/T
11-05-2002, 06:41 PM
CRV's are ass, don't get one. For compact my vote goes to the RAV4, for midsize 4runner. You can't really get tq in the small SUV's unless you look at domestics, and you can't get tq without sacrificing fuel economy. So you'll probably end up buying a midsize, and IMO the 4Runner or a Jeep GC would be the best choices.

LaughingTiger
11-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Nissan pathfinder, Toyota 4 runner, Infinity Q45........:thumbsup:

All nice.... but it's really hard to find one that is fuel efficient...:dunno:

szw
11-05-2002, 06:49 PM
Subaru Baja

Someone has to buy them!

ninjak84
11-05-2002, 06:56 PM
I can safely say I'm never going to purchase a Kia.

My SUV of choice would be an X5. If I were on a budget, then a CRV.

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 07:03 PM
So I guess you are sort of leaning towards the MDX. Have you guys considered the Honda Pilot? It is built on the same platform, uses the same engine, and is pretty much the same car! Either way, the MDX/Pilot is a great choice. It uses a SOHC VTEC 3.5L engine that delivers 240hp/242lb-ft. Basically, the MDX/Pilot is FAST. Faster than most Civics and Accords anyway. Plus, you can actually feel VTEC kicking in! It's a fun feeling to feel your SUV going into VTEC haha. Fuel economy isn't amazing, but it's pretty good for such a big engine. It sure beats an Explorer anyway. It also has a 5 speed automatic tranny, which is superior to most SUVs 4 speeds. It has a really nice AWD/VDC system derived from Borg-Warner called VTM4, which uses electromagnetic clutchplates for power transfer and also uses tons of electronics to guess when wheel slippage will occur before it does. The car is also supposedly pretty safe, with 5 star crash ratings all around.

The differences between the MDX and the Pilot are:
-price, I think the MDX is a few more geez
-the Pilot has a 3rd row of seats (although even Honda admits that the 3rd row is small and weak)
-the MDX has a sunroof whereas the Pilot doesn't
-the MDX handles better (stiffer suspension, 17" rims, better rubber)
-the Pilot takes regular, whereas the MDX needs premium (I'm pretty sure this is just a marketing gimmick though, since both cars use the same engine with the same specs, and the engine itself has an anti-knock sensor)
-nicer interior in the MDX

They're both really great cars, both of them made it to C&D's top 5 SUVs along with the CR-V. Honda will have trouble making enough of either car.

edit: have you considered a Nissan Murano? Those are off the hoooook!

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 07:05 PM
yeah my dad likes the pilot but it is just too friggen' huge! i don't think it would fit in our garage.

CRXguy
11-05-2002, 07:08 PM
not huge

I guess you're stuck with the "cute-utes."

I think the CR-V is pretty fugly, the RAV4 ain't so bad. For a loaded model, I think they go just over $30K. For that kinda money, I'd spend a little more and get the new 4-Runner. I find the smaller SUV's really cramped.

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 07:13 PM
yeah my auntie has the rav4..i relaly like it..but my dad says not enough power.

nothing wrong with cute!

CRXguy
11-05-2002, 07:26 PM
nothing wrong with cute!

I don't think your dad wants that girly image though!:rofl:

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 07:27 PM
yeah my dad likes the pilot but it is just too friggen' huge! i don't think it would fit in our garage. Well it's just as big as an MDX so the MDX is out of the question too.

You won't really be getting much power from a smallish SUV, although the new 2002+ CR-Vs/Elements are much more powerful than the older ones so you should give them a try and see if they are powerful enough. It's definitely what I would call economical though.

A Nissan Murano would be something worth looking at. Some people like the way it looks, some don't. The Murano is an AWD SUV from Nissan, which is built off the same platform as the Altima. It uses a 3.5L engine with 240hp and comes with a CVT (crazy transmission with an infinite number of gears). It's all new for 2003, so I don't know much else about it..

szw
11-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Get that rav-4 with the hood scoop haha

I'd say get a forrester, standard of course, so you get that hill-holder clutch!

hingkit
11-05-2002, 07:31 PM
The new CRVs has enough power but the styling is still not great by all means. My sister ended up getting the CRV over Rav4 . . . just over 30k . . .

The new 2003 4-Runners seem to be pretty good . . . We have the last gen 4-runner and its great no problems what so ever . . . considering to trade it in for the new '03 models . . .

The base price is 39k for the V6 and 40k for the V8. I don't know what your definition of economic would be . . . but for mid-size SUV 4Runner is a great choice . . . imo

Mikko
11-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Even a lowly civic DX sedan has a better power to weight ratio than the Pilot. The effects of that strong engine is cancelled out by the massive 2.07 tons it has to haul around at the very least.

I believe Subaru would offer the best performance and economy for the buck.

Subaru Forrester 2.5 X

Weight: 1385kg
Power to weight ratio: 10.8kg / 1hp (Pilot has 11.9kg, and thus the pilot is slower)

Drinks regular fuel, and gets:
City (l/100km) 11.3
Hwy (l/100km) 7.9

Price: $27,995

Should fit into the garage nicely.

max_boost
11-05-2002, 08:02 PM
Actually the Forester would be the best buy.......:thumbsup:

szw
11-05-2002, 08:03 PM
I think the outbacks are nicer ;)

Seriously though, they look a lot longer, but they are really only 1 or 2 inches longer than a forrester i think. Plus you can get the H6 which is nice, but a big step up in cost.

Weapon_R
11-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Forresters are really gay looking vehicles.

The Rav4 and CRV are very expensive and just don't cut it when you are looking for an SUV.

I'm surprised to see that no one has stressed the Xterra or Pathfinder. Both offer lots of power and are very well priced. Unless you are set on buying new, there are dozens of Pathfinders in the papers for less than $25,000, and only are 1-2 years old at most.

max_boost
11-05-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Forresters are really gay looking vehicles.

I don't find nothing wrong with them

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mikko
Even a lowly civic DX sedan has a better power to weight ratio than the Pilot. The effects of that strong engine is cancelled out by the massive 2.07 tons it has to haul around at the very least.

I believe Subaru would offer the best performance and economy for the buck.

Subaru Forrester 2.5 X

Weight: 1385kg
Power to weight ratio: 10.8kg / 1hp (Pilot has 11.9kg, and thus the pilot is slower)

Drinks regular fuel, and gets:
City (l/100km) 11.3
Hwy (l/100km) 7.9

Price: $27,995

Should fit into the garage nicely. The Pilot does a 0-60 under 8 seconds! That's way faster than any Civic DX.

But anyway, a Forester is a good suggestion :thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 08:42 PM
my parents aren't really fans of subaru. too rugged and outdoorsy.

i like mercedes sport utes

Mikko
11-05-2002, 08:42 PM
If that were to be true, I would say it is due to traction. I am highly sceptical to those figures never the less.

max_boost
11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
If that were to be true, I would say it is due to traction. I am highly sceptical to those figures never the less.

I think its time to bust out your essay on why SUVs are useless:D

Mikko
11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
lol. Why do they want an SUV at all then?

Mikko
11-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Haha, they are not useless but I think that most people who buy them don't need them, and don't at all make use of the potential they bought.

Well why not :-P Maybe I can convert some poor soul.

http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85819020/aacp/driving/suv.htm

redline_13000
11-05-2002, 08:52 PM
jimmy :)

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 08:53 PM
lol. Why do they want an SUV at all then?

just for the looks! haha...i don't know...don't want a car, already have two...don't want a van...don't want a truck...so SUV it is. :D

Ben
11-05-2002, 08:54 PM
mmmm, power to weight ratio

10lb's/hp

Mikko
11-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Well I must say those heavier luxury oriented heavier SUV's must be quite exciting trying to manouver safetly when it gets slippery. lol, so that should be adventurous. Bouncy, spongy and unwilling to be manouvered easily. I think it probably takes skill to drive those things perfectly safetly when it gets slippery outside.

How about a convertivble! Convertible SUV would really be something.

10 pounds? Clarify, Ben.

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Well I must say those heavier luxury oriented heavier SUV's must be quite exciting trying to manouver safetly when it gets slippery. lol, so that should be adventurous. Bouncy, spongy and unwilling to be manouvered easily. I think it probably takes skill to drive those things perfectly safetly when it gets slippery outside.

How about a convertivble! Convertible SUV would really be something.

10 pounds? Clarify, Ben.

I am sure that they wouldn't be allowed on the road if they were not "safe" enough to be manuevered.

szw
11-05-2002, 09:05 PM
manuevered easily

nice write-up, i've been preaching that too. haha

RGAGT
11-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Ever Think of these two

Land Rover Freelander

and The Mit Outlander :dunno:

max_boost
11-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Convertible SUV? LOL
I have seen some convertible station wagons with the top chopped off! haha

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT
Ever Think of these two

Land Rover Freelander

and The Mit Outlander :dunno:

ah oui! j'aime bien les freelanders!

haha...crap sorry i'm watching a french video..but yes yes i forgot about those...they are nice!

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 09:18 PM
If that were to be true, I would say it is due to traction. I am highly sceptical to those figures never the less. Traction, gearing, powerband...take your pick! The Pilot/MDX/Odyssey are speed demons in their class!

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 09:22 PM
i wait.... and get the Nissan Murano comming out December!

Specs:
3.5 liter DOHC V6 with CVTCS
246 horsepower
246 lb-ft of torque
Xtronic CVT (continuously Variable Transmission) 7 speed
Multi-link independent rear suspension
Front and rear stabilizer bars
4-wheel disc brakes
ABS
EBD

Interior:
Power driver seat
Radio AM/FM CD
Auto Temp Control
LCD info monitor
aluminum accents
root mounted curtain side impact air bags

such a great car....was gonna stay concept but thrown on production now! my parents r considering buying this car. its soooo great looking luxury SUV....

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0803nyshowcar.jpg

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0203nyshowcar.jpg

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0503murano.jpg

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 09:25 PM
wow! that's nice...is it coming to Canada?

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 09:26 PM
wow! that's nice...is it coming to Canada?

everywhere on December 2002.... i saw it on a trip to vegas in the states...they were testing it on the desert...man that car looked soooooooo nice in person...

Mikko
11-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Looks like nonsense to me.

I think the worst I have ever seen was some kind of sporty image SUV truck from Nissan, a concept design. It had tons of power and looked riced out. It had an extremely high hood to make the windshield tilt enough to give that low sportscar image look. I can't imagine how people could desire to drive around in something I think is the ultimate poseur vehicle. QX 45 maybe? Oh I don't remember.

Luxury SUV - the mere name is an oxymoron. :nut:

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 09:54 PM

I think the worst I have ever seen was some kind of sporty image SUV truck from Nissan, a concept design. It had tons of power and looked riced out. It had an extremely high hood to make the windshield tilt enough to give that low sportscar image look. I can't imagine how people could desire to drive around in something I think is the ultimate poseur vehicle. QX 45 maybe? Oh I don't remember.

Luxury SUV - the mere name is an oxymoron. :nut:

can u do any better, Mr. Pantyhose tied in a knot?

Stratus_Power
11-05-2002, 10:14 PM
dont forget its 7 speed too!:eek: :eek: :eek:
wondering whats the price tag on one of those..

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

if i remember correctly its mid 20 grand USD to high 20 grand...

Mikko
11-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Zephyr - Just go keep on applying that reasoning to everything.

GTS Jeff
11-05-2002, 10:28 PM

Luxury SUV - the mere name is an oxymoron. :nut: The Infiniti FX45 is confirmed for production and I think it's a GREAT car.

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Zephyr - Just go keep on applying that reasoning to everything.

what? what reasoning....

Mikko
11-05-2002, 10:40 PM
Well it seems that you don't think one can/should critisize something unless oneself could do better. For example, if you were to speed and drive recklessly, and some young passenger in your car says "Cheesus, you're a bad driver!" and you would say "can u do any better, Mr. Pantyhose tied in a knot?".

:thumbsup:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 10:44 PM
Well it seems that you don't think one can/should critisize something unless oneself could do better. For example, if you were to speed and drive recklessly, and some young passenger in your car says "Cheesus, you're a bad driver!" and you would say "can u do any better, Mr. Pantyhose tied in a knot?".

:thumbsup:

haha..he probably would! Zephyr rocks! hahaha

i really like that nissan...w/ a reasonable price too! :thumbsup:

Stratus_Power
11-05-2002, 10:54 PM
that nissan new SUV is really nice! wish we can get it but 45k is a bit out of our price range :thumbsdow

tailwind
11-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

according to edmunds...it's a 5 speeds now :(

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/77842/article.html

Fuji
11-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Forester!...

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 11:14 PM
haha..he probably would! Zephyr rocks! hahaha

omg omg omg i feel so love haha cool :thumbsup:

lol i just felt like saying that for kicks, not to flame at u Mikko...its all fun and games...Mr. Pantyhoes tied in a knot :rofl:

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by tailwind

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/77842/article.html

AWWW! at the internation car show in los angeles in california, they said it would be 7 speed! BASTARDS!

Mikko
11-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Fine fine :poosie:

Regarding the number of gears, are we talking about the Nissan one you liked? The one that said "Xtronic CVT (continuously Variable Transmission) 7 speed"? CVT means it isn't bound to specific gear ratios and changes dynamically instead.

Often they program in a few specific ratios one can lock it to just to have more classical driving fun, but it's only for fun. The truck should probably best be left in CV mode. So there's really no loss from getting 5 instead of 7!

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 11:27 PM
Fine fine :poosie:

Regarding the number of gears, are we talking about the Nissan one you liked? The one that said "Xtronic CVT (continuously Variable Transmission) 7 speed"? CVT means it isn't bound to specific gear ratios and changes dynamically instead.

Often they program in a few specific ratios one can lock it to just to have more classical driving fun, but it's only for fun. The truck should probably best be left in CV mode. So there's really no loss from getting 5 instead of 7!

i'm still learning about cars....so 7 to me just sound cooler.....oh no my rice side is showing...:banghead:

Hakkola
11-05-2002, 11:34 PM
HMM, convertable SUV?? COuld you imagine an Escalade like that?? Ultimate pimp mobile, even if it looked like ass i'd still drive it, lol. That'd look so weird, it'd be cool if someone could photo shop that.

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
HMM, convertable SUV?? COuld you imagine an Escalade like that?? Ultimate pimp mobile, even if it looked like ass i'd still drive it, lol. That'd look so weird, it'd be cool if someone could photo shop that.

umm isn't the Escalade SUT almost like a convertaible since u can bring down the top to make a truck bed....?

T5_X
11-05-2002, 11:44 PM
Turbocharged Zetec 5 speed escape :D

But don't buy a big SUV, they're a cash cow for large automakers...... unless you're a pimp and slam it out on 20s :bigpimp:

RSeXy
11-05-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
Turbocharged Zetec 5 speed escape :D

But don't buy a big SUV, they're a cash cow for large automakers...... unless you're a pimp and slam it out on 20s :bigpimp:

i can't see my dad..a balding business man...cruising aroudn on bling bling wheels haha....

too funnah.!

[GaGe]
11-05-2002, 11:49 PM
I recommend a Toyota RAV4. 25 miles per gallon in the city, and 31 on the highway. It's not that big, and it's not very expensive. ($16,525) It has 148 HP.

Zephyr
11-05-2002, 11:55 PM
since ur dad is a buisness man, he would look classy in that Murano...plus it be sweet to borrow and drive around in it...just looks sooo dam nice......:drool:

GTS Jeff
11-06-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by tailwind

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/roadtests/firstdrive/77842/article.html A CVT really has no set number of gears. That's the whole point! It's just a simulated number of gears so that people won't freak when their engine RPMs don't change.

Gawd I hate those Edmunds twits.

Weapon_R
11-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
I recommend a Toyota RAV4. 25 miles per gallon in the city, and 31 on the highway. It's not that big, and it's not very expensive. ($16,525) It has 148 HP.

I don't think those are CDN prices. The Rav4 here will run you near $30,000. Complete ripoff!

Stratus_Power
11-06-2002, 12:20 AM
i think Rav 4 starts from around 26k +.. a little cheaper than CRV.. but i would defintly pick CRV over Rav4!

T5_X
11-06-2002, 01:16 AM
Seriously, my top lux SUV choice goes to:

http://www.volvocanada.com/generalimage/xc90/xc90_gallery_ext5_lrg.jpg

:drool:

http://www.volvocanada.com/generalimage/xc90/xc90_gallery_ext1_lrg.jpg

That, or the freelander.

Though I would take a forrester, my low end SUV advise would be a V6 Escape. Has a newer 3L duratech that is good for ~200Hp/tq Lots of interior space, nice ride. Probably approaching 30 grand with the V6. Might want to wait another year or so for more stats on reliability, cause the CR-V, RAV4 and forrester all have rock solid reliability.

Stratus_Power
11-06-2002, 01:27 AM
freelander :thumbsdow

Hakkola
11-06-2002, 01:28 AM
ext is ugly, i mean completely top less escalade

redline_13000
11-06-2002, 02:47 AM
if i had the money to buy any suv it would either be the escalade or the x5 4.6liter:drool:

Weapon_R
11-06-2002, 02:56 AM
My #1 SUV of all time would have to be the Avalanche. What a beautiful piece of machinery..

[GaGe]
11-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I don't think those are CDN prices. The Rav4 here will run you near $30,000. Complete ripoff!

Damn, those aren't. :thumbsdow

infamous
11-06-2002, 08:50 AM
what is wrong with all you people?? you should tell your dad to go for a mercedes ml320, ml500 or ml55 amg...i have ridden in a couple of different ones, and they have one of the nicest rides ever...middle of winter, everyone else is sliding around while it was firmly planted on the road....not to mention they look totally :bigpimp:

ml320 has a 3.2 litre v6 putting out 215 hp and 229 lb-ft torque....$49,500 base price

ml 500 has a 5 litre v8 putting out 288hp and 327 lb-ft torque....$66,100 base

ml55 amg has a 5.5 litre v8 putting out 342 hp and 376 lb-ft...$103,608 base price....

HRD2PLZ
11-06-2002, 09:30 AM
We had a GMC Suburban and a Toyota 4runner before. When decided to get rid of the Suburban my dad decided we didn't need a V8 anymore.

He looked at every SUV from the Liberty to the X5. And settled on an Acura MDX. We liked the looks of the MDX over the Pilot because the interior and exterior was so much nicer. And yes, the 3rd row is pretty much useless.

I don't know how small your garage is, but the MDX fits fine in ours with room to spare.

But, the MDX drives awesome. On the highways (and up the mountains) its so smooth. Definately worth looking into.

I believe for 2003 they also upped the horsepower to 260hp.

Hakkola
11-06-2002, 09:32 AM
I'm not really a fan of the ML, although I heard they got better this year. My mom test drove one last year and she said it drove like a tractor.

Brutality
11-06-2002, 12:47 PM
Isn't the purpose of driving an SUV to be rugged and outdoorsy? Like in all the commercials? Subaru is by far the best "bang for buck".
But if you are looking for a nice ride or luxury, why not get a car? Better on gas also, SUV's are gas guzzlers! There is no such thing as an SUV that gets good mileage. (Take my dad's 99' F250 Superduty, Its a 3/4 ton but with all the heavy-duty stuff its pretty much a 1 ton. He can go from Calgary to Vancouver on 3/4 of a tank of gas with that beast! (I was in the truck and saw it happen))
SUV's are just a fad. When people wake up and see what they [SUV's] really are then we will probably see those people that have SUV's selling them and saying, "I didn't like it much anyways."
I really don't think its even worth having in a city like calgary anyways. I mean we have some of the worst traffic problems in the country right now. Anyone that drives here will probably agree with me. So with sit in traffic with your HUGE V8 burning HUGE amounts of fuel? Just to look good and follow this fad?:hitit: :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
11-06-2002, 12:50 PM
If you're looking for a nice ride, luxury and that, nothing can compare to a car. SUV's, no matter how nicely made they are, cannot compare to higher end luxury vehicles in ride quality. The only reason to get a 4x4 is status. Nothing more. Less than 5% of SUV owners have ever taken their SUV offroad.

szw
11-06-2002, 01:58 PM
I mean we have some of the worst traffic problems in the country right now

Do you honestly believe that?

Stratus_Power
11-06-2002, 04:05 PM
my Fav SUV would be the NEW ( not the old ones) Range Rover! those thing are beautiful!!

RGAGT
11-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Yeah the new Range Rover is a very nice machine for $105000

mischief
11-06-2002, 05:00 PM
I would get a mercedes ML. The V6 is now a 3.5L with 246 hp. If money weren't an issue I would go for the 5.0L V8. Out of all the luxury SUV's I think its the best.

Also the mercedes A class is coming out in either 2004 or 2005 (can't remember). Its price is suspose to be about 30G.

Stratus_Power
11-06-2002, 05:19 PM
A-clas is ugly!!! dont ever get that crap!

lammer
11-07-2002, 10:12 PM
i say 4-runner. hehe

Grand Damn
11-15-2002, 07:20 PM
o3 jeep liberty isnt bad....offroading is unreal,power is great,fuel is bad thow....for the sport 2.7l is about 28 000 and for the limited 3.7l is about 32 000....compared to the crv it will eat it alive but of cours fuel is better (160hp I4) :rofl:

GP_DrIvEr
11-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by lammer
i say 4-runner. hehe

the highlander owns the 4-runner

my mom has a Highlander Limited and its :bigpimp:

really good on gas
very quick
soo many options
not too bad of a price (below $50,000 for the Limited)

nismodrifter
11-16-2002, 09:13 PM
for the price of a fully loaded high lander I would just get a QX4 (if I had the money)

it's bigger...more powerful and looks nicer

dj_honda
11-16-2002, 09:21 PM
i think one of the best deals for an suv has to be the xterra...i have convinced my uncle and one of my good friends to buy xterras..silver w/ gunmetal wheels looks :bigpimp:

210hp w/ sc and it looks nice yet rugged. i think its better than the rav4 and the crv all for a little over 30 g's
it looks kind of tall but i have been in it on many occasions and it handles suprisingly well.

of course there are better trucks for more cash but if u are looking at around 30 - 38g's the xterra is the best imo.

Stratus_Power
11-16-2002, 09:45 PM
the new Nissan Murendo or wateer is out!.. well its all over teh paper... not offically out i dont think, but it looks pretty hot, and starts at 40k

Redlyne_mr2
11-16-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
i wait.... and get the Nissan Murano comming out December!

Specs:
3.5 liter DOHC V6 with CVTCS
246 horsepower
246 lb-ft of torque
Xtronic CVT (continuously Variable Transmission) 7 speed
Multi-link independent rear suspension
Front and rear stabilizer bars
4-wheel disc brakes
ABS
EBD

Interior:
Power driver seat
Radio AM/FM CD
Auto Temp Control
LCD info monitor
aluminum accents
root mounted curtain side impact air bags

such a great car....was gonna stay concept but thrown on production now! my parents r considering buying this car. its soooo great looking luxury SUV....

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0803nyshowcar.jpg

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0203nyshowcar.jpg

http://www.motorcities.com/articles/enlarge/0503murano.jpg
had one of these at our autoshow, took it for a spin through the lot, its not at all like a pathfinder, its basically nissans version of the highlander, Nissans wuality sure has improved though damn, it looks so nice in real life too

GTS Jeff
11-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

had one of these at our autoshow, took it for a spin through the lot, its not at all like a pathfinder, its basically nissans version of the highlander, Nissans wuality sure has improved though damn, it looks so nice in real life too well it should feel a lot like the altima, which is alright.

the quality on this car is good? thats a surprise, seeing as most of the new "operation knockout" cars from nissan have mostly had the crappiest interior materials and fit and finish..

Stratus_Power
11-16-2002, 11:37 PM
i will be testing driving that baby in Dec!! haha probably wont get it as it might be abit out of the budget.. maybe

adrianracer
02-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Kia Sorrento!

Economical
Fuel Efficient
Not Huge
Torque/Power

Kia Sorrento v6 gets the worst gas mileage of ALL the small SUV's

Newk
02-02-2005, 06:26 PM
damn, there is mold on this thread!

adrianracer
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Good observation ! !

kenny
02-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Tons of people posting that threads are old, WE DONT GIVE A !@#. Topics posted five years ago may still be discussable in today, so who cares?

streetarab
02-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Tons of people posting that threads are old, WE DONT GIVE A !@#. Topics posted five years ago may still be discussable in today, so who cares?
but i have no clue what the thread is about, which means i have to read through a few pages of absolute crap before i can make a post that no one is goin to give two shits about

nismodrifter
02-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by streetarab

but i have no clue what the thread is about, which means i have to read through a few pages of absolute crap before i can make a post that no one is goin to give two shits about

I believe this is officially the stupidest thing I have ever read in my lifetime.