PDA

View Full Version : For those who would like to know

ConVict
11-05-2002, 06:50 PM
I dont know if any of you are familar with the engine I am going to swap in! A small few know its a decent engine, but Ill just put a pick up to prove it ! Well it wont support the pic so Ill jst tell ya !
This is done by a 2.0 FE3
with ONLY pistons and tuning... no head work, no nothing !
392whp and 354wtrq
Another person used a fuel managment system and a larger turbo producing, with the only mod being pistons !
467whp@6600 448ft/lbs@4800 26psi
So im looking to shatter those pretty good...
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
underdrive pulleys
bored .2 over
P&P Head, and Intake Manifold
Forged Pistons
Forged Connecting Rods
SDS fuel managment system
Turbo capable of 30 psi
Intake / Exhaust of course
MSD ignition and coil

So I am not to sure about what numbers I'll be putting up but I am pretty excited
go to http://groups.msn.com/1stgenMX6Prob...per.msnw?Page=1
if you want to see the pic I was going to put up ...

max_boost
11-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Link doesn't work but that sounds like some crazy power numbers you are going to be producing!

ConVict
11-05-2002, 06:55 PM
Then go to http://www.probetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1701005461

then see the post the guy put up...
Go to his SIG and he is the guy with 467 whp

szw
11-05-2002, 07:44 PM
So are you getting this engine? or just showing what someone else did?

turboMiata
11-05-2002, 07:51 PM
That engine has insane potential. I was at a street race in vancouver 2 years ago and this guy was hauling ass on nitrous equiped mustang cobras!

Weapon_R
11-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Congratulations if you can achieve that setup!

The thing is, measuring what others have done and comparing them to what you are going to do isn't going to win a lot of people over. The only thing that matters is the dyno numbers...

max_boost
11-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Hey Convict, hurry up and get this thing in so you can go "I TOLD YOU SO" to all the haterz, including me hehe

Those numbers are just astonishing man:thumbsup:

Hollywood
11-05-2002, 11:53 PM
There are also supra's that can push 1000Whp for the dyno..but die in a month. So there is some respect there, but make it last 2 years and I'll call it a winner.

I actually drive a 89 Probe GT Turbo (mint shape) as my winter car. And the car is fast for what it is, but the suspension and chassis design of the car is MEGA.....ASS! The thing wheel hops like a MOFO.

I like this guys sig in the forum. Crazy HP, but what's with posting your trap speed in your sig without your 1/4 mile time too? People either look at the combination of 1/4mile and trap speed or just 1/4 mile, but never just trap, unless he has something to hide.

----------------------------------------------------
88 Mazda 323 GTX AWD Turbo
90 Mazda MX-6 2.0 DOHC 16-valve FE-ZE turbo
93 Ford Probe GT KL-ZETT coming soon!!!
467whp@6600 448ft/lbs@4800 FE-engine
Best trap speed: 123 mph 1/4mile (on street tires....!)
--------------------------------------------------------

rage2
11-06-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
Turbo capable of 30 psi

SDS can only run up to ~29psi, at 30psi it's recommended you put in 0 in the setting to let it act as a fuel cut... because after 30psi the your MAP signal is gonna clip (3bar MAP sensor).

4wheeldrift
11-06-2002, 07:38 AM
So why are you talking about humongous rims and body kits instead of getting the motor into the car :rolleyes: :dunno:

ConVict
11-06-2002, 05:44 PM
I am waiting on parts, machine shops, people to get into the slow season and help a friend out ! Thats why its taking so long !
The reason the guy posted his trap time and not is 1/4 is because he only runs mid 13's , and he is all pissed because he burns half way through third ... but doesnt want to blow the tranny so wont put on slicks ...
The wheel hop is due to suspension problems, and engine mounts... You change those and you dont see any problems, I have a coil over/ stock strut combo right now and I can gun it as hard as I want and I never got wheel hop ...
When I get better Struts, and engine mounts, maybe some bushings I hope to see no problems !

The guy with 467whp has had the engine for over 3 years...
doesnt run it every day obviously but hasnt broke yet ...

:thumbsup:

GT2NV
11-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Hey Convict, hurry up and get this thing in so you can go "I TOLD YOU SO" to all the haterz,

:werd:

FallenAngel
11-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
I dont know if any of you are familar with the engine I am going to swap in! A small few know its a decent engine, but Ill just put a pick up to prove it ! Well it wont support the pic so Ill jst tell ya !
This is done by a 2.0 FE3
with ONLY pistons and tuning... no head work, no nothing !
392whp and 354wtrq
Another person used a fuel managment system and a larger turbo producing, with the only mod being pistons !
467whp@6600 448ft/lbs@4800 26psi
So im looking to shatter those pretty good...
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
underdrive pulleys
bored .2 over
P&P Head, and Intake Manifold
Forged Pistons
Forged Connecting Rods
Turbo capable of 30 psi
Intake / Exhaust of course
MSD ignition and coil

So I am not to sure about what numbers I'll be putting up but I am pretty excited
go to http://groups.msn.com/1stgenMX6Prob...per.msnw?Page=1
if you want to see the pic I was going to put up ...

i was looking for an FE3 in Calgary, but I was never able to find one... are you getting yours from PSI Racing down in Florida?

[ FallenAngel ]