PDA

View Full Version : how to upload ringtones/wallpaper to T720??

turbotrip
08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
i just got a t720 and also got the USB cable but i cant figure out how to upload anything to it. When i plug the phone in windows XP tries to find a driver and fails, so i was wondering if any of u could point me in the right direction for the programs

thanks

turbotrip
08-04-2004, 06:55 PM
ok now it wont even detect the T720 but reads my V70 so did i do something to mess it up??

Xtrema
08-05-2004, 07:55 AM
Get Mobile Phone Tools 2.x. It should come with the latest USB driver for your phone. It's turns into a USB serial device.

I have V300 without MPT, XP just slapped a generic USB modem driver to it. With MPT, it slaps a Motorola USB modem driver on it. Then it started to work.

But still at times, it'll disconnect for no reason and I have to reboot PC/phone to get connected again.

xkon
08-05-2004, 08:45 AM
MPT wont transfer images to the T720 like it does the V300... its older

need to use a program called p2kman and transfer them directly onto the phone

turbotrip
08-05-2004, 04:35 PM
ok i got P2Kman and am trying to upload but whenver i upload a picture, the filename is all capitals and .GIF is in capitals too, so im guessing thats why its not working. How would i change this? Also, i tried to download a pic off my phone and edit it, but when i upload it again and try to access it on my phone it comes up with corrupt picture. Please help!:(