PDA

View Full Version : Subs keep cutting out

jus_sum_guy
08-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Ok i'm hoping someone could help me out before i waste my time going back to the installer.
My Subs kept cutting in and out a few weeks ago. It would stop working then cut in again, etc. Now it's completely gone. Could it be my amp is blown?? All wires r still connected properly. My amp has no ON/OFF light so i can't tell if there's power or not. The amp fuse isn't blown.
I was told if amp was blown i woulda smelt something from it, this true??
Any other possible problems??

crx62
08-05-2004, 03:56 PM
ok well first check the connections to the sub and make sure they are secure do the same for the amp,second check the connection to the battery and make sure that is tight on the electrode.

After doing those 2 checks try and see if it works, if it still gives you that problem then i would try and check the fuse and make sure it is gone,if it is i dont think it will be expensive to replace.

Best of luck to ya.:)

Weapon_R
08-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Check the fuses in your amp and the fuse in the power wire - are they all still there?

jus_sum_guy
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Check the fuses in your amp and the fuse in the power wire - are they all still there?

Both still there

jus_sum_guy
08-05-2004, 09:04 PM
As for what CRX62 said.....everything is fine. Right now i'm assuming it might be a a wire that came loose behind my deck??
I can't get to it though with out ripping apart the dash :(

Chim
08-05-2004, 10:18 PM
You can get a multimeter for $30 (got mine for $15 on sale) at any crappy tire. This tool is simply phenomonal for stereo troubleshooting, use it to see if there's any output from the amp. Or if you don't want to buy a multimeter, just test another sub in your car, just to rule out the possibilities.

It's most likely a connection came loose between your amp and your sub. There's 4+ (more if the sub is DVC) connections right there that could potentionally go wrong.

If its not that, then see if you can borrow an amp and try that in your car.

Basically test each step of the system till it gets to the hard stuff, then take it to a professional.