PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with an ACT Clutch

Weapon_R
11-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Act Clutch with Xtreme pressure plate.

What are your experiences with this setup for a daily driver?

Why are they so expensive and what is their function?

max_boost
11-05-2002, 09:13 PM
I've had experiences with the ClutchMasters Stage 3, all I know is, I can launch at 5000RPMs and have very little wheel spin and just take off......clutch doesn't slip......awesome upgrade

szw
11-05-2002, 09:30 PM
How does it affect normal driving?

95TsiAWD
11-05-2002, 10:03 PM
I've been using the ACT 2100 for almost a year now, as have a bunch of my friends. Lots of drag passes, most 60's in the 1.7s (one guy has over 100 passes on his, all mid 13s). Pedal feel is a little more than stock but you get used to it quickly. The clutch isn't as grabby as the race clutches I've felt in other people's cars. It's just a really good clutch that holds the power. Worth every penny.

turboMiata
11-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Not sure which model mine is, but I've had the ACT on my miata for about 3 years now. When I first installed it, I could barely pull out of the parking lot. The pedal pressure was immense. Damned thing was so grabby, I could chirp the tires on a 2-3 shift *before* i installed my turbo.

After a few months, i didn't need as much pedal pressure as before. I've had no clutch slippage at all. At this point, I have yet heard anyone complain about the ACT slipping. IMO, this clutch is a tad bit overkill but definitely worth the coin.

This is what I have:
http://www.flyinmiata.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=08-10000&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=11

mitsuman
11-06-2002, 01:18 AM
I have a ACT2600 with a street disk. Its an awesome clutch from my experience. The pedal pressure was much more than stock! Driveability on the street wasn't different at all, just a little grabbier than stock! The street disk lasted about a year. There was still lots of material left, I just over powered the springs in the hub, I think! :D

4wheeldrift
11-06-2002, 07:36 AM
I've got an ACT heavy duty pressure plate and street disk, and it works rather well for heavy solo 2 launches. The clutch is a bit grabby on the street, and the pedal is rather heavy (but not so heavy you notice it every time. You get used to it after awhile.)