PDA

View Full Version : where to get work done

three33
08-05-2004, 06:19 PM
my dad has a 78 bronco....he would like the engine rebuilt maybe a lift kit some body work as in rust removal....new shock....transmission done......pretty much alot of work....can anyone recommend a good shop or does anyone know anyone who does a complete overhaul.....he wants it done good but at a cheap price.....preferable under 5k.....the reason he doesnt do it is cause he doesnt have time....any info or phone #s would be greatly appriciated

civic_stylez
08-05-2004, 07:16 PM
the lift and bodywork can be done for a good price at national 4x4 centre and the engine at firebolt. youre going to have a difficult time finding a place that will do engine and bodywork and lift kits in the same place... modern motors is also good but i hope you have some good $$$ laying around.

three33
08-05-2004, 10:03 PM
as stated above this is for my dad its his bronco and he wantes the work done....i think 5k is enough laying around....but thats for the info so far

BuknBronco
08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Modern Motors is good but too expensive, they wanted $2300 to put a 4 inch lift in my Bronco

turboMiata
08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BuknBronco
Modern Motors is good but too expensive, they wanted $2300 to put a 4 inch lift in my Bronco

Is that just labour?

BuknBronco
08-07-2004, 10:40 AM
No, thats the lift and labour

turboMiata
08-08-2004, 12:31 AM
No, thats the lift and labour

Wow, is that just shocks and spring?

digitz
08-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Try National 4WD across from Blackfoot motorsports.

08-21-2004, 09:02 PM
^ thats a good place! I would reccomened them1!

freakin
08-24-2004, 03:09 PM

I wasn't impressed with them. I brought in my S10 a while ago to get my V8 to sit in the engine bay right and have the tranny clear everything.

I got the truck towed back to my house, only to find that they didn't hook the hood release cable back up. After over an hour of pissing around with a screwdriver and breaking my grille, I managed to get it open. Once everything was wired up and I had it running, the tranny would hit the the tunnel every once in a while. I took a look at the gap around the tranny and in spots there was less than a 1/4cm clearance. As soon as the drivetrain would shift from the torque, it would hit. The whole reason I took it in was so that this sort of shit wouldn't happen. I suppose I should've looked more closely before I assembled everything else, but I trusted that they did the job I paid them to.

I'll never use them again.