PDA

View Full Version : need some Accord info

GoChris
08-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I am looking to buy an accord. But I dont have a ton of time to read websites learning the differences between all the models cause I need a car fairly soon.

Whats the main differences between them? like between EX and EXR, and LX for example. 90-93 is 4th gen right and then 5th gen 94-96? or something?

and are all models in auto or 5 spd, i only want a 5 spd, engine specs would be nice to know but it dont really matter cause im going to swap in an h22 next year anyway.

even if there is a website better than H-T to learn that would be good to know.

thanks

fcuk_it
08-05-2004, 10:32 PM
lx is the lowest model for all the 4th and 5th gen accords, ex is fully loaded cept for sunroof, and exr is fully loaded w/ sunroof, 4 wheel disc breaks and for the 5th gen accord exr comes w/ the 2.2 sohc vtec motor...

some models came in exi but for the 5th gen exi's were fully loaded w/ sunroof and disc breaks but didn't come w/ the 2.2 sohc vtec motor...

they also came in se models but for the 4th gen accords they were better then the exr's cuz they came w/ heated and power leather seats, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and little options that didnt come w/ the exr's

thats all i can think of right now...

Kona9
08-05-2004, 10:38 PM
I myself owned a 1990 Honda accord EXR coupe. 5 spd, power locks, windows, sunroof. If it is 1990-1993, do it. Especially in the EXR. If you have the chance to get 1994-1997 in a coupe. DO IT. IMO Most accords if done right look pretty good. 4 door, and 2 door coupes. 1990 and up.

I lowered it, put on some 17s, intake and exhaust. It was clean!! Mine was white with black mouldings, chrome window mouldings. I painted the body mouldings civic silver (whatever the color is called in Honda land) Kept it clean. I miss it. :(

Plus when you get sick of it, you can use alot of the parts from a 1990-1993 accord to build a K1 Attack!!!!!:bigpimp:

t-im
08-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
lx is the lowest model for all the 4th and 5th gen accords, ex is fully loaded cept for sunroof, and exr is fully loaded w/ sunroof, 4 wheel disc breaks and for the 5th gen accord exr comes w/ the 2.2 sohc vtec motor...

some models came in exi but for the 5th gen exi's were fully loaded w/ sunroof and disc breaks but didn't come w/ the 2.2 sohc vtec motor...

they also came in se models but for the 4th gen accords they were better then the exr's cuz they came w/ heated and power leather seats, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and little options that didnt come w/ the exr's

thats all i can think of right now...

hmm...SE don't have power seats...and no stereo controls..

and i only know that because I have a SE..FOR SALE! haha

Sky
08-05-2004, 11:49 PM
For alot of Accords information...goto www.accordracing.com There are tons of guys there with H22 swaps... SMART choice in getting a 5 spd....my 5th Gen is Auto cuz its a family car..haha also if you don't want to do an engine swap(more $$$) goto www.gude.com for their upgrade packages on the F22s...that should make quite abit of power.

Kona9
08-06-2004, 01:26 AM
:angel:

jdmakkord
08-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Haha Kona, that first pic is almost identical to my mom's car, my 97 coupe looks a lil bit different:thumbsup: I guess I lucked out with my 97 ex-r coupe 5spd with leather......

Xpnsve
08-06-2004, 05:32 AM
Accords are nice.. good luck on the buy

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1993/honda/accord/index.html?tid=edmunds.u.mmindex.content.num1.0.honda*

fcuk_it
08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by t-im

hmm...SE don't have power seats...and no stereo controls..

and i only know that because I have a SE..FOR SALE! haha

hmm thats werid... cuz my friend has a 4th gen SE and he has stereo controls and power seats(driver)

GoChris
08-06-2004, 07:41 PM
well im definately on the lookout for a nice EXR, SE not so much because I dont want an auto and I dont care for leather. but i do require a sunroof and power shit.

fcuk_it
08-06-2004, 10:01 PM
yeah don't settle for anything lower then an exr... i have a black 5th gen exr coupe and having a fully loaded car is nice to have...

mutsuraboshi
08-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
I myself owned a 1990 Honda accord EXR coupe. 5 spd, power locks, windows, sunroof. If it is 1990-1993, do it. Especially in the EXR. If you have the chance to get 1994-1997 in a coupe. DO IT. IMO Most accords if done right look pretty good. 4 door, and 2 door coupes. 1990 and up.

I lowered it, put on some 17s, intake and exhaust. It was clean!! Mine was white with black mouldings, chrome window mouldings. I painted the body mouldings civic silver (whatever the color is called in Honda land) Kept it clean. I miss it. :(

Plus when you get sick of it, you can use alot of the parts from a 1990-1993 accord to build a K1 Attack!!!!!:bigpimp:

wats a K1 attack?

Originally posted by fcuk_it

hmm thats werid... cuz my friend has a 4th gen SE and he has stereo controls and power seats(driver)

SEs come with a bose stereo sys, it has stereo controls, but no power seats, heater seats maybe

96Mx6
08-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Your too lazy to look up info on a car you want to buy, yet your going to do a swap... WOW!? Dood, you better to talk to your parents, communication is key. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, my wife drives a ex, damn thing is gutless, but has had no problems since 98.