PDA

View Full Version : Drift Mishap number 1

Redlyne_mr2
11-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Im sure they'll be plenty more of these..but heres what happened, hit a curb, and now my rim is pushed back, im assuming I bent a lower control arm and possibly a tie rod, anyone have any experience with this type of situation, btw it was on my 1987 corolla gts:thumbsdow

shadowz
11-06-2002, 01:55 AM
Call Greg @t and t honda 2911578

RickDaTuner
11-07-2002, 04:25 AM
yeah usally all that gets bent is the lower controll arm and the alignment get all out of whack, your rims toast, i tried having one of mine straightened and the fools ended up breaking my rim, your wheel bearing and all that other jazz should be okay but it wouldnt hurt to check them any way the tie rod can be dent back or it just might be misalinged, when i did this in my civic it costed me about 200 bucks for the lower controll arm and labour and alignement, i would have done it my self but it was winter and i didnt have a garage at the time

Redlyne_mr2
11-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
yeah usally all that gets bent is the lower controll arm and the alignment get all out of whack, your rims toast, i tried having one of mine straightened and the fools ended up breaking my rim, your wheel bearing and all that other jazz should be okay but it wouldnt hurt to check them any way the tie rod can be dent back or it just might be misalinged, when i did this in my civic it costed me about 200 bucks for the lower controll arm and labour and alignement, i would have done it my self but it was winter and i didnt have a garage at the time
rick I had took a closer look at it yesterday and it appers to be the inner and outer tie rods that are done, I think the control arm is ok...who knows about the rims it apears ok, i have extras if need be....thanks for the heads up

nookmumracing
11-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Did you at least get all the tofu delivered?

Pole Position
11-11-2002, 01:54 PM
:rofl:

Sketch
11-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Oh well at least its an easy to work on, and parts are plentiful.

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Sketch
Oh well at least its an easy to work on, and parts are plentiful.
I finally got a chance to look at everything...i bent my control arm, bent my tie rod and I need a new link kit..fuck...well I started pullign everythign apart and talk about seized up..holly shit, I had to get some serious leverage going to loossen some of the bolts, I borrowed a ball joint tool from canadian tire to assist in the procedure, the only problem is I have to remove a bolt that is help in by a rusted out cotter pin..goddammit...oh yah and her ein ontario parts are not plentiful for those cars, I had to order my control arm from alberta ..thanks hondatoy