PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Med

Dustin Mann
08-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Anyone here been to cafe med down by eau claire?? How much do they charge for the shisha? Also what time are they open until?:dunno:

I go to school in cali and got hooked on hookah/shisha. Yesterday someone told me about this place and I can't wait for tonight to get my fix.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
08-06-2004, 09:54 AM
$12/sheesha.

They are open til about 2am

B17a
08-06-2004, 10:13 AM
What the sheesha is sheesha?:dunno:

crx62
08-06-2004, 11:22 AM
a long bong like structure that u put tabacco or weed in lite a coal that site on top and smoke through a rope

JAYMEZ
08-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Sometimes the sheesha is really dry.... But its a good place to sit and chill!

mo_virgin
08-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Whoa Whoa... exactly where is this place? When i was in egypt everybod was puffing on these... smells amazing. I was to young to try though back then.

Ben
08-06-2004, 03:46 PM
10th ave and 2nd st or so, its a great place. they sell charcoal for that time when it's late and you're in a bind.

crx62
08-06-2004, 03:48 PM
actuallt its 10th and 1st

Dustin Mann
08-06-2004, 04:00 PM
haha i'll see you there tonight huh crx?? :D

Dustin Mann
08-06-2004, 04:03 PM
forgive my cultural ignorance, but where did shisha/hukah/nargile whatever originate?? I've heard Turkey, but I know it's damn popular in egypt and most of the hookahs i see for sale are egyptian. Hey also, can someone please explain what the difference between shisha and hookah is? Is the waterbong a shisha or is it a hookah?

Just curious... CRX?

ZorroAMG
08-06-2004, 05:46 PM
i think it simply originated from the Middle East in general...they all have been smoking it for a very long time, favortism leads me to say Lebanon :D

crx62
08-07-2004, 03:01 AM
sheesha and huka r 1 in the same, i am east african and we call it huka my boys are arab and they call it sheesha.

crx62
08-07-2004, 03:05 AM
here is a pic of my sheesha

GQBalla
08-07-2004, 04:05 AM
WOW sheesha is amazing! the only smoke i would want in my lungs but i still smoke :confused:

xkon
08-07-2004, 05:29 AM
great place... the owners are the best!

crx62
08-07-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah he is chillin, always nice to talk to

crx62
08-07-2004, 09:25 PM
ok now that is being way too specific

Dustin Mann
08-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Turbo. you are incorrect.

Nargile / hookah / sheesha all refer to the exact same thing. The different words originate from different cultures / languages. you were misinformed.

:drama:

crx62
08-08-2004, 12:42 AM
like i said

Hooka is african/sheesha is egyptian, yemanese etc.../Nargile now that one is new to me.

sabad66
08-08-2004, 08:34 AM
nargile is actually pronounced are-gee-lee. its what lebanese ppl call it

Kona9
08-08-2004, 10:19 AM
I love it when my Iraqi buddy puts weed in it with the apple flavor, and puts vodka in instead of water.

Oh what a feeling
you get from the are-gee-lee.:D

Dustin Mann
08-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey CRX. Whadya think about this hookah. I'm looking to buy one that would be good to smoke while a bunch of us are playin poker.

http://www.thehookah.com/products/details.asp?ID=5

:bigpimp:

3G
09-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
sheesha is the actual flavoured tobacco and hookah is the bong u smoke it in

the flavoured tobacco is called tum-bak, and the pipe is called hookah or argeelee

Originally posted by Kona9
I love it when my Iraqi buddy puts weed in it with the apple flavor, and puts vodka in instead of water.

Oh what a feeling

:rofl: I usually put Bacardi, iced tea or something else in there. Add weed into the mixture and :eek:, but don't stick weed in there in public incase the cops come.

Try cutting a tea leaf up and putting on top of the tumbak :devil:

*edit* woops my bad i brought up an old thread!

dust-off
09-28-2004, 05:51 PM
hey guys im in Morocco right and and its an arab country, ne ways they have shisha ALL OVER the place here haha, and the shit is good to smoke! im gonna bring some crazy houuka back with me for smoking:D i suggest if u havint tryed smoking shisha before u should try some time... its a great high and u are laid back. my and my friends here smoke so much of it, we smoke for 2-3 hours stright none stop haha... first time i did that i puked tho:barf: so dont do that haha...

MM99lude
09-28-2004, 06:26 PM
ya its an awsome place. been going there for about 2 years. Actually going there in a couple hours:thumbsup:

dust-off
09-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

cityhunter2501
09-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Oh what a feeling
whoa thats hardcore :drool:

me and some friends went there last friday to grab something to eat and smoke hookah/shisha.

we tried the banana one and 2 of us felt sick after, mainly because of the banana.
it was fun though.

dust-off
09-29-2004, 03:17 PM
yea if u smoke to much u get sick... i try to smoke only about 1 or 2 bowls of it now...with a bit a hash:nut: :nut:

20incheyes
09-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by cityhunter2501

whoa thats hardcore :drool:

me and some friends went there last friday to grab something to eat and smoke hookah/shisha.

we tried the banana one and 2 of us felt sick after, mainly because of the banana.
it was fun though.

get double apple next time, once you get used to apple you can start on the other flavours, this is since apple is the strongest in fruit sense and a hookah like they serve you there should last 1.5 hours so take breaks and remember to ask for thongs to rearrange the coals so it burns well and you'll really enjoy it.

I grew up in the middle east and have been accustomed to smoking shisha/argili for well over a decade and would suggest anyone to bust it out during a house party, if you have more then one you can enjoy different sensations in each as some pointed out before.

And for those people who are thinking about spending $150 on a bogus shisha I see selling at some stores around town don't, those can be had for 1/4 of that in many other countries, I've had to import quite a few since I usually get glass bowls that get knocked over and borken and for $150 I get a beautiful 4 footer in aluminum with a travelling case, just look around on the net or pm me.

Weapon_R
09-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
[
And for those people who are thinking about spending $150 on a bogus shisha I see selling at some stores around town don't, those can be had for 1/4 of that in many other countries, I've had to import quite a few since I usually get glass bowls that get knocked over and borken and for $150 I get a beautiful 4 footer in aluminum with a travelling case, just look around on the net or pm me. [/B]

haha I remember buying one from the nawar ;) for 12 dollars...nicer than the ones they sell for $100 here. Huge markup on these things. Find an arab friend to get you one - the small ones (under a foot high) can be bought for 3-4 dollars

Sonic_A4
09-29-2004, 10:52 PM
shessa is a tobacco dipped in molassis and with added flavoring relaxis u and cafe med's food is really awsome all mediterian food two thumbs from me

MM99lude
09-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

haha I remember buying one from the nawar ;) for 12 dollars...nicer than the ones they sell for $100 here. Huge markup on these things. Find an arab friend to get you one - the small ones (under a foot high) can be bought for 3-4 dollars

yup its true. when i was in Isreal i picked up a bunch of packs and got myself a little hooka bong, ita about 10 inches high for $4.

But its not glass, its made of wood.

3G
09-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 20incheyes

get double apple next time, once you get used to apple you can start on the other flavours, this is since apple is the strongest in fruit sense and a hookah like they serve you there should last 1.5 hours so take breaks and remember to ask for thongs to rearrange the coals so it burns well and you'll really enjoy it.

I grew up in the middle east and have been accustomed to smoking shisha/argili for well over a decade and would suggest anyone to bust it out during a house party, if you have more then one you can enjoy different sensations in each as some pointed out before.

And for those people who are thinking about spending $150 on a bogus shisha I see selling at some stores around town don't, those can be had for 1/4 of that in many other countries, I've had to import quite a few since I usually get glass bowls that get knocked over and borken and for $150 I get a beautiful 4 footer in aluminum with a travelling case, just look around on the net or pm me.

Originally posted by Weapon_R

:werd: i bought a nice ass one from the mid-east. Like $8 off some beggar haha. Hell it even screws together. But the ones they sell here are junk, get someone to get u one from the middle east. You can get a nice, complete kit in a travelling case for like $60, and dont forget to tell them to bring u tobacco it's only like a buck a box down there. I brought 3 packs (fruit, grape and cappucino)

dust-off
09-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Im going to bring some back from morocco cuz they r dirt cheap here... i think about $10 for a nice big 1 with good quality and glass bowls also:D its best to smoke this shisha and drink moroccan mint tea:drool: i drink so much tea here now its the best n it gets the buzz goin quicker....:thumbsup:

dust-off
10-02-2004, 04:12 PM
just finished smokin some shisha:drool: sooo good haha only $3 a bowl of good stuff:D

Chester
10-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by dust-off
hey guys im in Morocco right and and its an arab country, ne ways they have shisha ALL OVER the place here haha, and the shit is good to smoke! im gonna bring some crazy houuka back with me for smoking:D i suggest if u havint tryed smoking shisha before u should try some time... its a great high and u are laid back. my and my friends here smoke so much of it, we smoke for 2-3 hours stright none stop haha... first time i did that i puked tho:barf: so dont do that haha...

Smoking shisha doesn't get you high. Putting weed mixed in with the tobacco gets you high as fuck though.

dust-off
10-03-2004, 06:04 PM
it doesint get u high but u get some kinda buzz... and if u think weed gets u high with it try hash some time:nut:

3mPi
10-08-2004, 03:15 PM
is this stuff bad for you in any way lol, is that place 18+ or any age...cuz i wouldnt mind going with afew friends but some arent 18 yet

Chester
10-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Of course its bad for you its tobacco:nut: Just try and run after smoking it for like 2 hours

Idratherbsidewayz
10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Chester

Smoking shisha doesn't get you high. Putting weed mixed in with the tobacco gets you high as fuck though.

Hahahaha, yes it does...

I smoked a couple bowls with a friend before seeing Napoleon Dynamite. I don't remember any of the movie except for the VERY end. Never mixing sheesha with weed again before a movie lol...

CivicEX
10-10-2004, 09:06 PM
My "sheesha" or "hookuh" is a 5 footer :clap: :love: :thumbsup:

Chester
10-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Hahahaha, yes it does...

I smoked a couple bowls with a friend before seeing Napoleon Dynamite. I don't remember any of the movie except for the VERY end. Never mixing sheesha with weed again before a movie lol...

:werd: It makes it burn so slow so it lasts forever and makes you so fucked. I've only done it once before but i remember playing mortal kombat after for like 3 hours and i was still high when we stopped haha