PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Autometer Pro Comp Ultralite 2 1/16 Fuel Press

Ben
11-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Anyone have one in good condition for sale?

eur0
11-06-2002, 12:44 AM
how much do new autometers go for?

buh_buh
11-06-2002, 12:48 AM
like $80 or $90 probably.

Ben
11-06-2002, 12:55 AM
some are more, some are less...

my latest one was 125...

LUDELVR
11-06-2002, 01:21 AM
It depends if you're getting electrical or mechanical. I got mine for around 130 or so and that came with a transducer so I could mount it in the cab. The mechanical ones are cheaper but MUST be installed in the engine bay or outside the vehicle like on the hood. Oh yah, mine is a short sweep which is like on the JRSC kits that goes up by 25's. the full sweep goes up by 10's and is more accurate but is over 300 dollars.

If you just need an under the hood one like the b and m one it's like 80 bux or so, but is only good at checking idle fuel pressure and your fuel pressure on the dyno. Chances are you're not gonna look under you hood while driving!! haha

B18C
11-06-2002, 02:28 AM
Leo, you have a Autometer shortsweep FP gauge in your lude right now? That shit's been recalled man. The sender unit has a defect so it may leak fuel.

Check it out here:
autometer recall (http://www.autometer.com/hp/index.html)

I highly recommend you send it back in. It's actually an awesome deal 'cause they give you a full sweep gauge in exchange for free :thumbsup:

Ben
11-06-2002, 02:37 AM
nope, I need one for in the car so I can see it constantly..

buh_buh
11-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by B18C
Leo, you have a Autometer shortsweep FP gauge in your lude right now? That shit's been recalled man. The sender unit has a defect so it may leak fuel.

Check it out here:

I highly recommend you send it back in. It's actually an awesome deal 'cause they give you a full sweep gauge in exchange for free :thumbsup:

Sweet!! Time to go buy a short sweep!!

LUDELVR
11-06-2002, 02:35 PM

Check it out here:

That's messed up! I just read the website and I didn't see anything about a replacement for a full sweep. I read that a replacement in the near future but that's about it.

And I don't have it currently hooked up. I'm still waiting for a fitting but I'm glad you told me this. Where did you find that they'll give you a full sweep?

Ben
11-06-2002, 02:58 PM
holy hijacked thread batman

B18C
11-07-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

That's messed up! I just read the website and I didn't see anything about a replacement for a full sweep. I read that a replacement in the near future but that's about it.

And I don't have it currently hooked up. I'm still waiting for a fitting but I'm glad you told me this. Where did you find that they'll give you a full sweep?

I experienced it first hand :bigpimp:

And it's the new version too. It doesn't have that ugly black box that holds all the brains. It's all in the gauge now so it's much cleaner.

LUDELVR
11-07-2002, 12:23 AM

I experienced it first hand :bigpimp:

And it's the new version too. It doesn't have that ugly black box that holds all the brains. It's all in the gauge now so it's much cleaner.

so how abouts did you get this new gauge? Did you send yours back to autometer or just bring it to the place where you bought it? I bought mine withing the last two years so I think mine is on recall too, but how abouts do I get the replacement? And do they replace both the sender as well as the gauge itself?

B18C
11-07-2002, 02:00 AM
They send you a whole new gauge (sender unit and everything).