PDA

View Full Version : Alignment - Lowering 240sx?

dj_rice
08-07-2004, 10:34 PM
I am getting a set of coilover sleeve kit installed on my 93 240sx...which is gonna lower the car of course...but my buddy told me once I do this...I am gonna need an alignment or its gonna screw up all my tires cuz of unever wear and everything..

Is ths true and necessary to do?

Any one know where to get alignments done for under $100?

GTS Jeff
08-07-2004, 10:43 PM
anytime u change a cars ride height, ull need an alignment - technically. the more u change it, the more off the alignment is.

so depending on how much u lower your car, then yes u probably want to do it. most places are priced the same. the trick is to find a good shop in the area that actually does the job right.

Boost Infested
08-07-2004, 10:43 PM
go to impact i think thats the name of the shop. edm trail, on the way up on the hill. its located on the right side.

WGR4Pussies
08-07-2004, 10:57 PM
tire craft on mcload is good, although i went there 3 times for an alignment and i couldnt get it done do to 'warn' parts. bunch of bullshit if you ask me, but i actually encountered more problems at every other place I went to, I finaly just said 'fuck this' and made my own alignment machine. :)

KoukiS14
08-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I am getting a set of coilover sleeve kit installed on my 93 240sx...which is gonna lower the car of course...but my buddy told me once I do this...I am gonna need an alignment or its gonna screw up all my tires cuz of unever wear and everything..

Any one know where to get alignments done for under $100?

Theres a catch. If your current tires are worn and you plan on gettin new ones, get the alignment after you get your new tires. That way all of your tires are the same size. Im currently in that situation. Im not noticing uneven wear .

Mike09
08-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Any one know where to get alignments done for under $100? I'm pretty sure terry will do it for you for well under $100.

Speed_Dreams
08-08-2004, 06:08 PM
doesn't Mytires do alignments now?

dj_rice
08-08-2004, 06:17 PM
^^

I know they do suspension but pretty sure not alignment yet....and I wont be gettin rims/tires for awhile not until my engine swap.....so I dont really worry about uneven tire wear yet..and I still got like 80-90% tread left...

KoukiS14
08-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
doesn't Mytires do alignments now?

No Alignment Rack so No Alignments