PDA

View Full Version : Pimp a 83 T-Bird?

Brutality
11-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Now I got a 83' T-Bird its in almost perfect shape, and I wanna get some things done to it. I need some suggestions on where to go for performance mods as well as some good places for kits, spoilers etc...in calgary of course.

Davan
11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Is this, by chance, a 5.0 litre? Or a turbocoupe?

Voodoo Child
11-06-2002, 04:23 PM
I know I'm gonna laugh when I see this done.
:thumbsdow

legendboy
11-06-2002, 05:06 PM
haha:werd:, put some hydrolics on it and a sparkly paint job and chit! Then he be "pimpin" :bigpimp:

4wheeldrift
11-06-2002, 08:16 PM
The turbo coupes have some potential. The 5L powered ones will take most of the power adders a rustang will. But you'll only really be able to go for power. I supposed you can always adapt kits and stuff to make it fit, but it will look like garbage. Maybe try western motorsports for power adders.

Brutality
11-06-2002, 09:08 PM
Its the TurboCoupe. I was thinking custom made kit...There is alot of stuff shops can do to my engine. I can also get the "do it yourself" stuff and get my uncle to do it. Mechanic uncles rule. And I was thinking getting the kits and paint jobs done by A-1 since I know the owner and is a friend of my dads.

Vodoo Child - Yes I will laugh also. But think... WesternRICE!:clap:

Redlyne_mr2
11-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Brutality
Its the TurboCoupe. I was thinking custom made kit...There is alot of stuff shops can do to my engine. I can also get the "do it yourself" stuff and get my uncle to do it. Mechanic uncles rule. And I was thinking getting the kits and paint jobs done by A-1 since I know the owner and is a friend of my dads.

Vodoo Child - Yes I will laugh also. But think... WesternRICE!:clap:
hey man ....a friend of mine has modified turbo coupe, it hauls, he has an apexi avcr, afc, custom intercooler sprayer, custom downpipe, custom exhaust, programmed ecu, head job, rusn about 20-24 psi on stock bottom end, it detonates like a son of a bitch some times but still holds up haha, there are actually a few cool looking tbirds that i know of same style as yours, another one i know of is jet black, custom clear corners, he has a 5.0 litre in it, its lowered with the same black rims you see on the rcmp crown vics..it looks pretty cool and hauls..goodluck with your project

ancient
11-06-2002, 10:12 PM
I have a 88 ford t-bird turbo coupe, with some special order factory mods, its pushing 18 psi, and about 210 rwhp.... Its not a slow car, but its not blinding fast :)

Its in bad shape now tho, it has some fuel issues and sputters at WOT. The body of that car is notorious for rusting, something they put in the metal.

4wheeldrift
11-07-2002, 07:40 AM
You should be able to get 300hp out of that motor without doing a whole lot of work to it. Joe Morgan is running somewhere to the tune of 400hp with a built 2.3 turbo. He had an article in hot rod magazine a few years back, a lot of sites have scanned the pages and posted them, check them out here (http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2641/poison.html)

Davan
11-07-2002, 01:47 PM
...wish i still had my 97 t-bird...