PDA

View Full Version : Compustar HELP

GingeRRRBeef
11-06-2002, 05:06 PM
As you already know, I have a 2002 Spec V and I have the compustar with the blue remote and it's been screwing up lately.

The autostarter works fine on warm days but on them cold days, it won't start!!!!

Well that's not entirely true, it starts the car, runs for about 2 seconds and it shuts off by itself. This is repeated for 2 more times before (I think) the computer stops trying. I don't know why it is do what it is doing.

Also, on them cold days, the car shuts off as soon I as turn the key to shut it down (this is not supposed to happen because it's supposed to stay on until you either close the door, step on the brakes or after a certain amount of time)

In addition, when the car is started it usually has the dash light on and lately it's flickers on and off by itself.

I got it installed during the summer at Autodream and I am going to take it back when I have time to get it checked out but I was just wondering if this has happened to another compustar owner before.

Thanx a bunch!

max_boost
11-06-2002, 05:09 PM
Nope, your brain (remote) could be fried! I think.....bring it back to sr20det95, he'll fix it for ya!:thumbsup:

GingeRRRBeef
11-06-2002, 05:17 PM
how can my remote be fried???

Do you mean the brains?? or the little blue thingy that I carry around with me????

CRXguy
11-06-2002, 05:22 PM
I think max might be a little confused.:rofl:

The brain(the little square box) might be the culprit. Kinda weird how everyone has some weird problems. I've had 2 and no major probs, except when Harley's and ricers drive by and the remote goes off.:banghead:

GingeRRRBeef
11-06-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I think max might be a little confused.:rofl:

The brain(the little square box) might be the culprit. Kinda weird how everyone has some weird problems. I've had 2 and no major probs, except when Harley's and ricers drive by and the remote goes off.:banghead:

Yeah I think he might have gotten them confused with each other.

max_boost
11-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Oops, sorry, I did get confused:nut:

And hey WRXguy:rofl: my remote goes off when ricers and or big dump trucks drive by too

shadowz
11-06-2002, 05:54 PM
Also could be a problem with your hood pin, but im sure Autodream can fixthe problem for you

GingeRRRBeef
11-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Also could be a problem with your hood pin, but im sure Autodream can fixthe problem for you

But if that's the case, why would it start on warm days and not on cold ones???

Autodream
11-07-2002, 09:34 PM
I will fix it for you, I only have the bussiness since may but I will warranty phong's customers too, if you have it installed before that.

civic_el
11-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Nissans have two starter wires a cold start and a warm start you have to power both wires in order to have the remote starter to work properly on cold days. Easy fix, Nguyen at Autodream should be able to fx in for ya no problem, if not give us a call.

GingeRRRBeef
11-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by sr20det95
I will fix it for you, I only have the bussiness since may but I will warranty phong's customers too, if you have it installed before that.

I got it install late July I think

GingeRRRBeef
11-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by civic_el
Nissans have two starter wires a cold start and a warm start you have to power both wires in order to have the remote starter to work properly on cold days. Easy fix, Nguyen at Autodream should be able to fx in for ya no problem, if not give us a call.

Ok will do. I won't have time to take it in til next friday

I'm swamped with school work.

Actually, how long do you think this problem will take to fix???

Thanks so much guys!!!

Autodream
11-10-2002, 03:54 AM
Maybe 1/2 an hour. just let me know when you want to come in

GingeRRRBeef
11-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sr20det95
Maybe 1/2 an hour. just let me know when you want to come in

I'll come in on Friday noonish