PDA

View Full Version : What do You Guys Think?

Hi-Tempguy
08-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Sup everbody, new to the forums. Been browsing for quite a while, seems like a pretty nice place, so I decided to give it a shot. Recently bought a car, but I cant find any info on it. Its a Sprint Turbo :cry: No making fun, ok? The odd website comes up, but most sites are related to the Swift GTI w/ the 1.6 in it. What I was wondering is, are there any places known for making good power (relativley speaking ;) ) out of these cars? Im not expecting a huge gain, but some extra power would be nice outta this peice (it only makes 70 for christs sake :() , its mostly gonna be a commuter. So is there ANYTHING available for this car thats not just universal type stuff, or is it pretty much slim for parts? I "heard" that you could adapt an intercooler off of a Shelby Daytona (the 2.2 w/ turbo I think...), and I have nothing against mixing and matching parts, as long as it works. Thx for any info, and oh yea, NO LAUGHING!! (plz, for my sake :lol: )

EK 2.0
08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
shoot a PM to "whatthe" he ran a Swift at the track for a couple of years...if anyone I know knows anything about the lil Swifts its him...

he was running a DSM I/C IIRC...but he was pretty quick...into the 14's I believe...

Arif.

Hi-Tempguy
08-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Cool, Ill get ahold of him. Anybody else??

Arthur Dent
08-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Not much info on those motor unfortunatly. Try searching for Firefly turbo - they were more common. I know a guy with that motor in an Austin Mini and I believe he boosted the power a bit. Not sure on the details but it can be done.

Hi-Tempguy
08-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Yah, Ive known about these cars for a while, and I picked this one up cheap. Strong motor. I've seen a couple of the FireFly Turbo's, but most of em Ive seen are the Sprints. None that have any performance parts on them. I know I could fiddle with boost and stuff, but an intake would be real nice for starters...

1badPT
08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
There is a community for enthusiasts of almost any car - even the swifts (Suzuki Swift / Pontiac Firefly / Geo Metro / etc)
http://www.teamswift.net/

welcome to the forum btw :tongue:

Hi-Tempguy
08-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Yes, I got ahold of "whatthe" and he showed me a TON of crap for the cars (well, enough to be a ton..) Strut braces, downpipes, turbo kits, newer mandrel bent manifolds, the works. Thats pretty awesome. Im amazed that I didnt stumble across that site while searching some search engines. Guess I shoulda tried searching for canadian sites only huh? Oh yea, thx for the welcome. Ive been on a lot of forums before, but this one is damn nice.:D

Paul
08-09-2004, 12:44 PM
welcome to the forum. There's lots of domestic people on this site, looks like you've already gotten in touch with a couple of them. It's a hard car to work on, just because of the limited aftermarket, but originality on the choice of ride.

happy posting. :thumbsup: