PDA

View Full Version : Rockets pick up Sura and Ward

RiCE-DaDDy
08-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Rockets sign point guards Ward, Sura
By RICHARD JUSTICE
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle
RESOURCES

The Rockets today filled their void at point guard with the signing of free agents Charlie Ward and Bob Sura.

Since the trade of Steve Francis to Orlando and the Tracy McGrady deal, the Rockets have been shopping for a starting point guard.

Today they got two of them. Ward and Sura will compete with veteran Tyronn Lue, who was also aquired from Orlando, for playing time.

The Rockets made inquiries about a number of other guards including Brent Barry and Derek Fisher.

In Ward, they are getting a near perect extension of coach Jeff Van Gundy. Ward played for Van Gundy with the New York Knicks, and the coach has long held him in high regard.

not bad i guess

Peja for Artest! details not released yet tho

PGTze
08-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Looks like the Rockets are really getting serious... and what's the deal with Peja/ Artest anyways?

RiCE-DaDDy
08-09-2004, 06:56 PM
maybe something was gonna happen but it might not sorry

wildrice
08-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Nba.com (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/bird_stojakovic_040809.html)

nothings going on with peja/ron

Jynx
08-10-2004, 11:41 AM
i dont think peja will be traded....when webber demanded a trade a few years back, peotrie wouldnt even hear it, i dont think hes gonna let peja push him around either...

bigboom
08-10-2004, 12:24 PM
peja needs to stand up for himself...its no secret that webber and him just dont get along. webber thinks its his team even though he is injured and might not ever get back to what he was...