PDA

View Full Version : Spotted - pair of Kompressors

Fat Dave
06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Last night in Dalhousie - one yellow pre-facelift 230 parked on the drive and one black 230 in the parking lot at the Station.

Anyone we know? I don't think I've seen either car before.

rage2
06-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Should've flagged them down =). Most owners I've seen in SLK's aren't enthusiasts like us unfortuantely. They refuse to look over when you're stopped beside them.

I spotted a Bahama Blue C32 AMG yesterday, your little brother! It was a really nice looking car. Owner and I acknowledged each other's cars.

Fat Dave
06-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Should've flagged them down =). Most owners I've seen in SLK's aren't enthusiasts like us unfortuantely. They refuse to look over when you're stopped beside them.

Unfortunately they were parked (cars were empty) and I was movin' :D

Originally posted by rage2
I spotted a Bahama Blue C32 AMG yesterday, your little brother! It was a really nice looking car. Owner and I acknowledged each other's cars.

I think that'd be a sweet ride, and his colour choice indicates fantastic taste! I'd like to give one of those a go, see what they're like. Maybe I'll track him down and see if he wants to swap cars for awhile.

I should make up a little "ticket" for these parked SLK's I see, introducing them to the boards etc.

speedracer
06-11-2002, 04:08 PM
I always see the yellow SLK across from B' Jacks.

spyguy
06-11-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
I always see the yellow SLK across from B' Jacks.

its the owners...

girlRACER
06-11-2002, 11:38 PM
Yes, I saw a guy with a 2002 Silver slk 320 at the Big Bucket car wash and told him about the website. He seemed interested but hasn't replied yet. I guess he was just being nice.

rage2
06-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
Yes, I saw a guy with a 2002 Silver slk 320 at the Big Bucket car wash and told him about the website. He seemed interested but hasn't replied yet. I guess he was just being nice.

Thanks for spreading the word! =)

I try to talk to a lot of SLK owners, a lot of them aren't the type of enthusiasts that we are, so they don't even bother talking about the cars (they use it for transportation). Let's hope we get lucky and get a few more SLK's for the next meet!

kenny
06-12-2002, 01:52 AM
Some guy in a silver pre-facelift 230 pulled over and parked his car behind mine while I was having ice cream at Phils. He then went and peered inside my car like he was about to jack something haha... I should have crossed the street and told him about the forums.