PDA

View Full Version : Need SRT-4 Info

civicluva
08-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Is there an automatic transmission option for the SRT-4?

1badPT
08-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Nope, but you could swap one in from a PT Cruiser/Neon/Stratus/breeze/cirrus. Mechanically its an easy swap, but hooking up the electronics might be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Why though? If you don't know how to drive standard, now would be a great time to learn :D

StupidWade
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Yeah, most of the time when you're learning to drive stick and you pop the clutch too fast, you just stall it. But with this thing you'll do a 40 foot smokeshow. That's cred'.

civicluva
08-09-2004, 06:34 PM
I don't want to fuck up a new car by my shitty driving haha

If I do end up getting the srt I will probably have to buy a beater to practice with first :rofl:

1badPT
08-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Don't worry its not as tough to learn as you think and as was pointed out, if you pop the clutch too fast, you won't stall you'll lauch :eek: :D

Shifting gears is probably the easiest part, getting moving from a stop is the tougher part(especially when stopped on an upward slope). You'll be good enough to get around with a few hours practice and within a week you'll be pretty comfortable with it. I guarantee you, once you learn it you won't drive auto after it.

Don't worry about harming it, the worst thing you can do really is wear the clutch out faster than usual, and even if you're really really bad at it, you'll still get like 3 years out of the clutch. Don't worry :thumbsup:

Have fun :D

cujo_cjc
08-09-2004, 09:44 PM
i just got back from test driving an srt4 tonight
and i can say..compared to my gsr, learning to drive stick on that thing should be pretty easy

Rockski
08-10-2004, 12:50 AM
i guess they're supposed to be really nice to learn on, a buddy of mine went that route and is doing fine

habsfan
08-10-2004, 11:48 AM
just remember, clutch in, THEN shift. might get some problems if you do it the other way around lol

awd
08-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Get the standard, you will hate yourself if you don't.

ACX
08-11-2004, 11:05 AM
My SRT is the first standard I've owned, mind you I have driven them before - only periodically though. If you take care then there will be no issue. As well, it's easy to stay out of boost if you want to.

You won't do smoke shows as much as wheel hop like no other.

Seriously though, it was a piece of cake learning. Just stay away from hills for a little while..
13,000 fun trouble free kms so far. :thumbsup:

turbo_dsm
08-12-2004, 12:12 AM
omfg wat the hell? i started this thread for ur input on wat do you think is better motor, this isnt the only forum i have started this thread on, now im reading shit about racing techniques, sr20 motors, rally races, and :who cares:
wtf... its a simple question,

4g63, its a cool motor .. THATS ENUFF goadfapzxoqapuias;a xzcv
;lasa fas z dk s...forum whores... :banghead:

i wonder how many responses i will get to this post :drama: :

joseph
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
^^^ Where did that come from?:dunno: This isn't your thread man so maybe you should find your own to post in instead of disrespecting other people's.:whipped:

turbo_dsm
08-12-2004, 12:25 AM
oops how did i end up here? LMAO Srry about that , it was suposed to go in the 4g63 vs 3sgte thread lol

1badPT
08-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Open mouth, insert foot...

Alright stand in the centre of the circle while we take turns kicking your ass... :whipped:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tilly
08-13-2004, 09:51 AM
jajajaja:nut:

lol - haha

hjr
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
if you pop the clutch you will still stall it. unless you have it reved to 3000 or so (which btw isnt the way to learn) you will probably stall it, not "launch" like others have mentioned.