PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1989 Chev Corsica H/B

FoRn420
08-09-2004, 06:10 PM
well, I'm looking at a couple other cars, so I figured I'd see if anyone would be interested in my Corsica
I apologize in advance for lack of pics. all I have is my webcam, so I can't exactly just pull my car inside the house to take a pic of it lol
although anyone who comes to the beyound cruise to the mountains can see it all they want :)
Anyways, onto the car...
It's a 1989 4 door hatchback (only seen 2 others ever!)
Exterior color is white, interior is marooney red kindacolor...I have repainted the removable parts chrome for a bit of a shine to it :nut:
2.8L Multi Port FI Engine
Automatic
approx.283,xxx km on it
It's got a hitch and trailer outlet on it!!! (??? never used it myself)
Tires still fairly good, maybe 60-70% wear remaining
New alternator, heater motor

Front brakes relined, calipers serviced
Rear brake rotors just replaced
Front drivers' shoe/pad just replaced
Previous owner before me just put new ball joints on it...I managed to bust the drivers side somehow, so that just got replaced
both wheel cylinders are new too
above work just got done for insurance inspection - still have receipt for work done, and a copy of inspection
I think there may be a small leak in the oil pan, not quite sure...when I'm parked for several hours there is about 3 drops of oil under my car :nut: its not bad at all...
Very good very reliable car, and it's odd, but I go through less gas in this car than I even did in my 2.0L 5spd Sunbird, so it's damn good on gas.
Body is in fairly good shape. Only damage is to the front pass. side fender, not sure what its from but its dented starting at the antenna down about 3 or 4 inches, cant be seen from a distance its so minimal. Only other damage I've found is on the bumper from the previous owner towing his camper with it, coz i think that the hitch was mounted improperly, so theres not enough room between the hitch and the bumper.
Paint is mostle intact, except for a few minor chips here and there
Undercarriage is so rust free I find it absolutely BEAUTIFUL
Only rust I have found is minor surface rust in a couple of the door jambs
Great starter car or student car. I was told that corsicas/luminas are some of the cheapest vehicles to insure, just not me coz im a 19 y/o male :thumbsdow
I'm looking for about $2200, but that's negotiable.
Any more questions or concerns, then post in here or pm me
The only reason I want to sell is that I have my eyes on another car that I want real bad. And I hate this damn automatic crap lol.
And as I said, I can't post pics, no camera for it, but I can be seen at the Beyond Cruise to the mountains on the 22nd.

FoRn420
08-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Bump for the day :)

FoRn420
08-10-2004, 06:52 PM
no offers at all? price too high? or just no interest in a 4 door?

dieselpower91
08-11-2004, 12:04 AM
I think its price too high.
I paid way less for my 90' Celebrity wagon!

FoRn420
08-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Entertaining offers...? Make me an offer, I'll say yes or no! :D

FoRn420
08-12-2004, 02:14 PM
BUMP
New price...
1750 OBO
offers?

Gonthro
08-12-2004, 02:20 PM
yea, i think the price is too high bro, i paid $400 for my 89 pontiac 6000 (same engine, good tires, auto) that is in great mechanical condition... chevs dont hold thier value.

FoRn420
08-12-2004, 02:29 PM
When I bought this car for 1200 there were others for 2000+ in the b.f. I have put about $500 into sound alone, COUNTLESS hours installing it (its a gm - not easy to do the stereo...), a receipt beside me for $585 for the repairs I had to do just to get it to pass the inspection. New alternator + too many hours to install it myself. And countless hours doing the paint on the inside. I'm losing out even if I sell it for 15, even 1750 seems too much of a loss to me.
I know GM's don't hold their value, coz they have their glithes...IE Dash, I've never seen an 89 with only 1 crack on the dash...body, paint, it's in excellent condition. I don't see how I'm asking too much...it's more than worth it, as far as I'm concerned...

QuasarCav
08-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Okay get your kleenex ready...

I paid 4000 for my cavalier, I put 2600 into it. I would sell it for around 3500.

I think 1200 is fair.