PDA

View Full Version : civic sir toasted....sarcee + 45th by mt.royal

TomTom
11-06-2002, 09:18 PM
i pulled outa my neibourhood and i see 4 firetrucks, 3 ambulances and 2 cop cars . first i seen a a van with a tiny bit of damage than a saturn same thing, come around the other side around all the emergency trucks only to see a 2000 or so civic sir (well sir wheels and pretty sure i seen the vtec badging on the side) just smashed right up into the light post, the hole front end smashed, almost possitive it would be a 100% write off, poor car, driving back an hour or so later and seen turning at the lights against us the towtruck with it on the bed just smashed front end to shit, wish i had a digi.

Redlyne_mr2
11-06-2002, 09:57 PM
what color was it..im sure someone here knows who that was..those cars arent that common..hopefully everyone was ok

speedracer
11-06-2002, 10:55 PM
So that's what all the commontion was around my area - Every 20 mins a patrol car patroled my area :)

infamous
11-06-2002, 10:58 PM
shitty...i hope no one was hurt!

cocoabrova
11-07-2002, 12:18 AM
It was my cousin that got in the accident, and it WAS a silver 2000 Si-R. He was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries but has since been discharged. There were 2 other guys in his car, a total of 5 ppl. in the accident. That's all I know right now......

Pacman
11-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey Al,

I hope everything is ok with your cuz and his passengers.

Keep us posted. I'm curious to know how they can diagnose him with life threatening injuries but then release him a few hours later.

James

Fluidic
11-07-2002, 12:39 AM
Hey Al... the driver wasn't named Sundeep was he? If so... I friends with him... just haven't been able to call him -- let me know pro!

Peter

Blue Devil 2
11-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Pacman
Hey Al,

I hope everything is ok with your cuz and his passengers.

Keep us posted. I'm curious to know how they can diagnose him with life threatening injuries but then release him a few hours later.

James

that's exactly what i'm thinking....:confused:

CRXguy
11-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Shit Al. Sorry to hear about your cousin.:( We were talking about his car tonight too.

M68KACIA
11-07-2002, 12:42 AM
What happend? did he got cut off by company van???

it was on the news ...... seems like both the car and the van hit the light pole ....

I hope everything is okay...

buh_buh
11-07-2002, 12:46 AM
sorry to hear that Al.
I hope he's ok.

speedracer
11-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear about that Al :( Wishing your cousin the best!

kenny
11-07-2002, 12:50 AM
Shitty deal... heres the scoop:

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2002/11/release.20021106_205320_22118_0

max_boost
11-07-2002, 12:54 AM
Sorry to hear Al, I hope everyone is ok:(

RSeXy
11-07-2002, 12:56 AM
ouch! no doubt! so many accidents happening...hopefully no one is seriously hurt.

kenny
11-07-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Pacman
I'm curious to know how they can diagnose him with life threatening injuries but then release him a few hours later.

Any injury to the head is considered "life threatening" until it is looked at closer. I remember reading that on citybeat.

shadowz
11-07-2002, 03:50 AM
Hope he gets better Al

cocoabrova
11-07-2002, 02:31 PM
First off, let me offer my thanks for all the kind words:) Secondly, I apologize for the long post:(
Update: Apparently my cousin (Civic) was going through the intersection on a green light and the van was attempting to make a left turn from the opposite side, before the Civic went through the intersection. Obviously it was a dreadful miscalculation. The van t-boned the Civic, on the driver's side, which in turn sent both vehicles crashing into light standards. They had to use the Jaws of Life to get my cousin out. As for his injuries, he needed alot of stitches, on top of sustaining a a broken/chipped bone in his shoulder, and pieces of glass embedded in his mouth, not to mention the mental anguish he went/is going through. Two of the other passsengers have been discharged, and the third is still in serious but stable condition. I now offer a question: A witness made an official statement to the po-po saying that the Civic had passed her prior to the accident, while SHE was doing the posted speed limit. This prompted the cops to give my cousin the "Driving with undue care and attention" ticket ($200 fine). In my opinion and from what I've heard from a cop, the person that is making a left-hand turn has to do so in a safe manner, meaning making sure that there is no oncoming traffic/pedestrians in the way. Am I right in thinking this or what?? :dunno:

infamous
11-07-2002, 02:37 PM
yeah the person making a left hand turn has to do so in a safe manner...that is so unfair that your cus got a ticket....he should fight that shit because he wasn't driving with undue care and attention...he was driving and some retard t-boned him....fuck people like that piss me off :banghead:

Davan
11-07-2002, 02:47 PM
I'd say the "undue care and attention" ticket could be fought and won easily.

An "eyewitness" is hardly a qualified individual to make an assesment of another drivers speed. Regardless what they judge their speed to be compared to the other driver.

buh_buh
11-07-2002, 02:48 PM
if he was going straight, and he passed this woman doing the speed limit, how is that driving with undue care and attention? Isn't that just speeding?
And when I'm driving, I don't expect someone to make a left turn right in front of me, so I don't understand why that is driving with undue care and attention. :dunno:

TomTom
11-12-2002, 03:56 PM
that turns kinda uphill a little bit and with ice the lady should'a gave herself some extra time too, what about the saturn? i seen that in there with a little damage?
when i went by it actually gave me chills cause they were cutting it apart, good thing hes allright
and was the car 100% writeoff?

92 Teg-B18A
11-12-2002, 07:04 PM
sorry to hear about your cousin Al, hopefully he can recover quickly! :)

HRD2PLZ
11-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Hope your cousin and all his passengers are fine Al. And yes, Undue Care and Attention can be fought and won easily :angel:
I don't they should have charged him either, but lately its seems at every accident somebody gets charged with something...