PDA

View Full Version : car monitor help

jorhe307
08-10-2004, 02:56 PM
hello i have a twingo which is a european car a renault. i wanted to put a dvd player and a monitor in the car, but the dashboard is a bit different. the gauge for gas and speedometer is in the middle of the car dashboard, and so there is space in between.
So my first question is that is there anyway i can costumize a monitor that flips up insted of a flip down for a rooftop. i want to install it in my dashboard were i can cut it open and attach it and so when i want to use it i just click or press for the monitor to open. where can i buy one? i need one or if someone knows how i can build one or a suggestion would be nice. thank u i want the monitor to fold down to fit the dashboard as it never there.
thank u

joe

AllGoNoShow
08-10-2004, 06:30 PM
you could custom make a flip out screen with some sort of hinge and spring so when u pushed a button a release would pop then the spring would push the monitor up and lock it into place some how, then when u wanted it down u could either just move the stand behind it (for locking) or unlock it however u locked it, and the spring would compress then lock in the lower position

jorhe307
08-12-2004, 02:28 AM
:) thanks man, unfortunatly im not that talented with puting a hinge or springs i dont know how to do that, unless u have an instruction on how to do that then i would really appreciat it. but is there any place where i can buy a flip up monitor, or if u know any monitor that can rotate the screen to a 180 degrees so i can just buy a rooftop monitor and use it on the dash and rotate the screen in some way.

thanks for the help

GTS Jeff
08-12-2004, 11:29 AM
u can buy flip up screens from a few manufacturers. for example: pioneer avic-n1