PDA

View Full Version : Soundclip of my H23 that'll make you cry.

yohan4ws
08-10-2004, 08:07 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/andrew.b/DSCN3397.MOV

Or laugh depending on how you look at it .. Sounds like I'll be giving Shoaib at JDM Source a call a year sooner than expected.

It quieted down a bit after the oil change I did (following the above MOV) but still I hear the ticking as I drive ..

It sounds like all head noise so ..

diagnose, what do you guys thing, give me an ETA how long it'll be and driving it like this ... how will it go when it goes ??

I intend to drive it til it drops .. so much for boosting it to death :(

CelicaST-162
08-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Rod knock owns you! It happened to me once, and might but hopefully not happen again!

WGR4Pussies
08-10-2004, 09:06 PM
hard to tell, either you spun a bearing or its ticking in the head. o well, new engine time. you can probly drive on it for a while, eventually it will just start to make less and less power (if its rod bearing) till it dies. :) gradually ofcourse.

pressure_ratio
08-10-2004, 09:07 PM
thats a rod man,I wouldn't give it too long.if you're smart and don't drive it any more you may be able to save the crank.keep driving it and it'll be a boat anchor.:cry:

Acrophobia
08-10-2004, 10:47 PM
Shit, I didn't know Honda made Diesel Motors!!!! Just playin man, thats a sad sad thing to see/hear. But like pressure_ratio said, you may as well try and save the crank. :dunno:

Good luck man.

yohan4ws
08-10-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm not concerned about this engine .. when its eating 4 L of oil between changes (5000k) its time to be replace/rebuilt.

If anybody wants it for a rebuild project let me know ....

I'm going to try some Bartol2 additive and see if it quiets it down a bit ... if it does then I'll keep going as long as I can.

If anything the block can be built into any H series motor!

jdmsource
08-11-2004, 09:24 AM
SOrry to hear that dude, No worries though man, i will work out an even better deal for ya because of this misfortune:thumbsup:

Gonthro
08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by yohan4ws
I'm not concerned about this engine .. when its eating 4 L of oil between changes (5000k) its time to be replace/rebuilt.

If anybody wants it for a rebuild project let me know ....

I'm going to try some Bartol2 additive and see if it quiets it down a bit ... if it does then I'll keep going as long as I can.

If anything the block can be built into any H series motor!

not if you put a rod through the side of the block... this has happened to me before... the rod came out the block, not out the oil pan or any other nice place.

yohan4ws
08-11-2004, 09:44 AM
yea there is that possibility but... i'm not too scared. I heard JDM Source has some H23A Vtec in stock.

habsfan
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
sucks man...a few years ago a went with a buddy to test drive a 99 prelude, we opened the hood while it was running and all you could hear was tick tick tick tick.....poor car musta had the shit kicked out of it by the previous owner

1-Bar
08-11-2004, 03:32 PM
that sux...oh well, out w/ the old and in w/ the new. H23A would be a great motor :thumbsup:

yohan4ws
08-11-2004, 10:08 PM
stay tuned for soundclip of my engine dying..

the oil light was flashing .. when I idled and it started to bog.. I thought I was done for on 37street

I'm recording and hosting now ...

1-Bar
08-11-2004, 11:43 PM
man that thing sounded horrible when you pulled in today at the meet...hopefully it won't die on you when your driving. :thumbsup: for a speedy recovery.

Team_Mclaren
08-11-2004, 11:59 PM
engine swap at my house!!! sweet!!!:D

yohan4ws
08-12-2004, 12:01 AM
ITs GONE its dead it seized up today when I got home .. its drinking oil , the oil light was flickering while it was making this sound ...

here's the clip :

http://members.shaw.ca/andrew.b/dying.mp3

as soon as I parked, this is the sound clip i got.. soon as the clip ended .. it died.

habsfan
08-12-2004, 11:15 AM
oh man that sounded rough! too bad bout the dying, but :thumbsup: to a new engine