PDA

View Full Version : Car problems

Weapon_R
06-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Can someone help me with this? Whenever I come to a near stop, I can hear a whining noise in the front of my car. It is most noticable when I push the clutch all the way down. The noise is very similar to when you turn the wheel all the way to one end, and you hear a whining noise. Anyone have an idea of what it may be?

legendboy
06-11-2002, 02:47 PM
I'd have to hear it.

Weapon_R
06-11-2002, 02:51 PM
Well maybe on thursday I can run from work to let you check it out or something...It's not causing any problems but it sounds like it's gonna start soon...

cocoabrova
06-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
I'd have to hear it.

Throwout bearing legend?? Whaddaya think?:confused:

Weapon_R
06-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Just as an aside, again it sounds like me cranking the steering wheel all the way, that whiirrrr sound, and it happens MOSTLY when I fully press the clutch, but it also happens sometimes when I am at a crawl and in neutral. It doesn't happen at any regular speeds.

T5_X
06-11-2002, 04:41 PM
is it a squeaking sound? Could be an acessory belt going, if your car has one at all!

4wheeldrift
06-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Check your power steering fluid level. A lot of them tend to get noisy when the level is down and there is no load on them.

Weapon_R
06-12-2002, 09:35 AM
I will check the power steering fluid, but more and more, I am thinking it is my recently done brake job. It only occurs when I am crawling, very slowly, and never at a stop, which has led me to think that something is rubbing. Also, only rarely however, when I stop, the brakes feel weird. It could just be them. I will have it all checked this weekend I think.

buh_buh
06-12-2002, 10:19 AM
hm.... a whining noise hey?
Maybe someone slipped into your car at night and installed a supercharger. Let me ask you one question: Do you notice your car accelerating a lot quicker than before?:D :nut: :thumbsup:

Superesc
06-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
...Maybe someone slipped into your car at night....

I was expecting something dirty, its amazing we didn't go down that route hehehe

buh_buh
06-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

I was expecting something dirty, its amazing we didn't go down that route hehehe
sorry Calvin, I'm not Cap_D or Ludelvr.

Superesc
06-12-2002, 10:38 AM
forget the supercharger! Go N/A!!!! or TC.... yummy TC....

Weapon_R
06-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Maybe someone slipped into your car at night and installed a supercharger. Let me ask you one question: Do you notice your car accelerating a lot quicker than before?:D :nut: :thumbsup:

Hmm...come to think of it...maybe you're right! Hehehe

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

B18C
06-12-2002, 11:21 AM

That's like what happened to my car!!! :burnout:

Only, my wallet had a hole burnt right through it too :barf:

4wheeldrift
06-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by B18C

That's like what happened to my car!!! :burnout:

Only, my wallet had a hole burnt right through it too :barf:

EEEeeeevvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll magic at work under that hood. And someone stuck a funny exhaust on there that is only loud inside the cabin too :nut:

LUDELVR
06-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

What are u talking about man? Maybe I slipped my hog into kev's mom's mouth....or ass!! haha:eek: :rofl: