PDA

View Full Version : We shall try this one more time...

Davan
11-07-2002, 09:57 AM
I have yet ANOTHER appointment at Jack Carter to get the rotten egg smell in my car fixed.

The last time in, they said they had some new ecu program that would fix the problem. :rolleyes: Well it obviously didn't work.

I can make the car stink up the place anytime. All I have to do is take a "spirited" drive down glenmore or deerfoot for a couple minutes, then sit in traffic for a couple minutes. In no time, the surrounding drivers are staring at me holding their noses.

So the car is going in for the third time. This monday morning. And if they don't get it this time, I won't be going back to that dealer.

I'll keep you updated!

P.S. Ninspeed (Rob) if you have any pull at all, get my cat replaced! :D :D

Davetronz
11-07-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Davan
In no time, the surrounding drivers are staring at me holding their noses.

You sure its the car Davan? ;)

Hope this FINALLY gets fixed. We are going on a few years on this smelly problem now. :(

max_boost
11-07-2002, 12:28 PM
I wonder if this problem would have been addressed immediately if we were in California? With that CARB rule or whatever, aren't they real strict on emissions etc? Or in this case, rotten smell from cars?:dunno: Or am I way off again?:rofl:

Davan
11-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Makes sense. but maybe it would still pass an emissions test, although it stinks. Who knows.

Monday morning, I'm gonna drive the crap outta the car on the way there, just so it stinks up their whole garage when I pull in. :rofl:

Coryz
11-07-2002, 03:03 PM
man i hope they can fix it this time around, i bet there wasnt even a "gm program" the last time!:guns: jack carter's service

legendboy
11-07-2002, 04:04 PM
I wonder if you smell after you have been driving around in it for a while!!!! hahahaha j/k :D

Davan
11-07-2002, 04:09 PM
No, but the gf thinks I've got intestinal problems... :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RSeXy
11-07-2002, 05:55 PM
i want to know about this too...i have the same problem in the RSX.

ITS REEKS! :barf:

its coming from the air-conditionning or something? i dunno i'm clueless about cars. haha

ninspeed
11-07-2002, 09:24 PM
gezzz.. thanks... donty forget i work there.. ill have a long talk with tom tomorrow and let him know you are comming in to have it fixed right this time.. ill try my hardest, but no prommises... btw, tom the shop foreman... drive a 2000-2002 z-24 him self.. might help to know when you let him know.. also, who was the service advisor you spoke to?

Davan
11-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Thanks a ton Rob, I appreciate any help you can get me! I don't remember what the name of the last guy I talked to was... but I should have the claim ticket still in my car, I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

4wheeldrift
11-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Does the smell go away after a couple of minutes? Or does it stay around quite some time. Sometimes, its normal to get that heavy smell after some spirited driving and then driving normally, since the cat can become coated and it will burn off after a few minutes at high temp. The smell shouldn't stay more than a minute or two at the absolute most however.

Davan
11-08-2002, 10:01 AM
the smell is pretty much there anytime i'm not driving fast, as long as the engine is warm. it could be smelling when i'm driving quick too, I just don't notice. perhaps the people behind me do.... :D

sexualbanana
11-08-2002, 10:05 AM
just stake a shower davan!! haha

ninspeed
11-13-2002, 09:52 AM
hey davan, i saw your car up on the hoist, but i was really busy and did not have time to talk to the mechanic, what did they end up doing???

Davan
11-13-2002, 09:58 AM
They did absolutly nothing...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5703

P. Daddy Pedro
11-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Man have you gotten your cat checked out? sounds like your cat is toast thats usually the problem, behind "ass" smells from a car.

EstoMax
11-15-2002, 02:06 PM
davan and rsexy have u considered a dead animal rotting in the engine compartment somewhere?
i read some person had the same problem wit his car in newspaper car section and thats what the problem was after they got it checked

hope this helps :D

max

Davetronz
11-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
davan and rsexy have u considered a dead animal rotting in the engine compartment somewhere?
i read some person had the same problem wit his car in newspaper car section and thats what the problem was after they got it checked

hope this helps :D

max
HAHAHAHHAA I a sure Davan has looked for a dead rotting animal in his engine compartment... Right Davan..... Then again, maybe something crawled up your exhaust pipe and died... ;)