PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Subaru

B18C
08-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Went there today because my friend was putting down an offer for a new subie. By far the best car buying experience of my life. The salesman (Hubert Kwan) and the rest of the people we dealt with were all extremely curteous and professional. Everything was put in very straight forward terms with none of the sneaky salesman bs I've gotten used to Honda/Acura dealerships. Subies will definitely get a very serious look next time I'm in the market for a car.

Can't say enough good stuff about them. If anyone is looking at a new car give Hubert a shout.

max_boost
08-11-2004, 10:23 PM
He's over at the new dealership off Barlow? I guess he must have moved from Centaur. Anyway, he is a nice guy. My family has purchased two vehicles from him and I enquired about the STi awhile back and he has always been helpful.:thumbsup:

That.Guy.S30
08-11-2004, 11:33 PM
no fuckin way!!!?? centuar the liars they are told me hubert went to van to open up resturants. now im mad. hubert sold me my first subaru and he is a great guy. i would/have recommended him to manny ppl.

awd
08-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Hubert is the man.

l/l/rX
08-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by B18C
Went there today because my friend was putting down an offer for a new subie. By far the best car buying experience of my life. The salesman (Hubert Kwan) and the rest of the people we dealt with were all extremely curteous and professional. Everything was put in very straight forward terms with none of the sneaky salesman bs I've gotten used to Honda/Acura dealerships. Subies will definitely get a very serious look next time I'm in the market for a car.

Can't say enough good stuff about them. If anyone is looking at a new car give Hubert a shout.

aha hubert sold us our wrx and station wagon to. he is a really good guy to deal with :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
no fuckin way!!!?? centuar the liars they are told me hubert went to van to open up resturants. now im mad. hubert sold me my first subaru and he is a great guy. i would/have recommended him to manny ppl.

yea centaur said that to my dad to. but when i talked to his daughter she said he had just moved to calgary subaru. she had no clue what i was talking about when i mentioned her dad opening up restaurants in van city. LOL!! he moved there hrm maybe 3 er 4 months ago???

maybe centaur didnt want to admit that they lost such a good sales man to another subie dealership??? but now since you bought a subaru er your friend did hes going have to put up with all the b/s from tech service.
a thread about this on the NASIOC forums a while ago, people complaining left, right and center about both tech servies at centaur and calgary subaru.

edit: i hear rally subaru is the BEST place to go to get your subaru serviced. (edmonton)

JAYMEZ
08-12-2004, 12:09 AM
I hate subaru dealerships , the kwan guy is the only cool one.

That.Guy.S30
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

edit: i hear rally subaru is the BEST place to go to get your subaru serviced. (edmonton)

hell yea, the service here sucks so bad, plus they dont respect you here. i hear alot of good stuff about ALLMAKES which services subaru's here in calgary. if i had a choice tho i would bring my car up to rally in edmonton. i hate the jerkoffs here in calgary.

shit i about pretty close to purchasing a 05 outback too. thank you for opening this thread becuase tommorow im goin up to see hubert himself.

l/l/rX
08-12-2004, 01:22 AM

hell yea, the service here sucks so bad, plus they dont respect you here. i hear alot of good stuff about ALLMAKES which services subaru's here in calgary. if i had a choice tho i would bring my car up to rally in edmonton. i hate the jerkoffs here in calgary.

shit i about pretty close to purchasing a 05 outback too. thank you for opening this thread becuase tommorow im goin up to see hubert himself.

yea allmakes is where its at! such good guys there!

hubert is on vacation :) unless if his family just went by them selves and he stayed here???

That.Guy.S30
08-12-2004, 02:50 AM
^ damn really? haha o well a new car can wait

googe
08-12-2004, 04:48 AM
yeah, too bad the buying experience is the least important part of owning a subaru...i dont have many good things to say for subaru as a company. service/warranty and related issues are not dealt with very well in general.

heavyD
08-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by googe
yeah, too bad the buying experience is the least important part of owning a subaru...i dont have many good things to say for subaru as a company. service/warranty and related issues are not dealt with very well in general.

ALL dealers are all crooks not just Subaru. I have rarely ever had a good experience with any brand's dealership as far as service/warranty goes. They all promise much but deliver very little.

JAYMEZ
08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
^^ Ya i agree , they are f^ckin terrible with warranty and service promises.

benyl
08-12-2004, 02:18 PM
For my major service... I am going to make the trek to Rally in Edmonton...

B18C
08-12-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

hubert is on vacation :) unless if his family just went by them selves and he stayed here???

No he isn't. Just his wife and daughter went.

That.Guy.S30
08-13-2004, 12:03 AM

sweet thanks. im heading down tommorow then

EK 2.0
08-13-2004, 12:08 AM

I used to work at All Makes...Guru, and Jamalu are the MAN...they even did some work on Cyclone...before she was Cyclone...

00redLUDE
08-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

ALL dealers are all crooks not just Subaru. I have rarely ever had a good experience with any brand's dealership as far as service/warranty goes. They all promise much but deliver very little.

Totally agree with you there.

Hubert was pleasant enough when I saw him at Centaur but I asked him to comment about the clutch sudder in the STI and he said never happens??!! Yay, right!!!!

Whatever you do, don't deal with Dale Maciver from Subaru of Calgary, total idiot!! :thumbsdow

l/l/rX
08-13-2004, 02:03 AM

woops sorries sorries i was wrong my bad.

That.Guy.S30
08-13-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE

Hubert was pleasant enough when I saw him at Centaur but I asked him to comment about the clutch sudder in the STI and he said never happens??!! Yay, right!!!!

some STi's do not get this symptom. same thing with the rex's. some do get it some dont.

anyways i went down today and Hubert made gave me an awsome deal on a 05 outback. it was something centaur subaru would have never given me. so looks like i will be picking one up soon. but damn is that thing ugly lol