PDA

View Full Version : AE86 info (83-87 corolla 2dr. hatch)

Import Al
08-12-2004, 04:02 AM
You people don't seem too stupid like most forums. Does anyone know which USDM model RWD 'rollas had a backseat, or were they all 2 seaters? Is there any room for 2 adults back there? I want one bad, but if they are only 2 seaters, I will be just another faceless Civic driver. They can squeeze in 5 people and have crazy aftermarket but can't drift, damn it! :cry:

Ben
08-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I thought all those model year corollas had back seats... I'sm sure ytou can fit 2 people in the back...however how comfortable and for how long would be the kicker.

Import Al
08-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Really? I'm just wondering if the hatch or coupe from like 83 or 85 to 1987 had a back seat. I know the GT-S model was RWD, not sure bout the seats. Any rwd corolla w/ room for 4 beats the Civic I got. ;)

KoukiS14
08-12-2004, 04:47 AM
ummmm they all have backseats man

Import Al
08-12-2004, 05:00 AM
:clap: Yes!! Now the hard part is finding a clean AE86, which is kinda hard since drifting exploded in Cali. I been in S13 240sx's and they have NO room for back seat passengers. I need the room for auto parts and friends.

nosegrindR
08-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Import Al
:clap: Yes!! Now the hard part is finding a clean AE86, which is kinda hard since drifting exploded in Cali. I been in S13 240sx's and they have NO room for back seat passengers. I need the room for auto parts and friends.

the ae86 coupe has quite a bit more space than the s13 fastbacks and coupes

GTS Jeff
08-12-2004, 11:45 AM
u might want to look for 85-87 corolla gts' tho.

as far as backseats go, both coupes and hatches have a reasonable space to fit 5 people, altho it gets really tight if the people arent small. the hatch is way more functional in that it can haul way more stuff than the coupe. i always hear about ppl hauling engines around in their hatch, and i can barely fit 2 weeks of luggage in my coupe.

F.D.S
08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
how much are you willing to spend on an corolla gt-s?

hjr
08-12-2004, 07:28 PM
seeing as how he is in california, he probably has a far better selection of good condition cars than we can even dream of here in the frozen north. some with lsd's too!

Import Al
08-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I won't go over 5g, but the price for ae86's has inflated so much since some Japanese pro drifters started touring in the states. I won't trust a cheap GT-S unless its a senile 82 year old women selling it.

GTS Jeff
08-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Import Al
I won't go over 5g, but the price for ae86's has inflated so much since some Japanese pro drifters started touring in the states. I won't trust a cheap GT-S unless its a senile 82 year old women selling it. lol it doesnt sound like the ae86 is the right car for you. unless u are willing to put up with fixing it nonstop and pouring time and money into it nonstop, u should be looking for another car. the few corollas that are in pristine condition are ones that good owners have gone thru the trouble to restore, and those are the ones that sell for far more. either way, these cars are ooollld and need lots of lovin before they start giving back.

bjet1425
08-13-2004, 06:27 PM
:whocares:

I got my hatch for $1500 and in fairly good condition. Tranny needs attention cause 2nd gear wont down shift. No rust tho and that's a total plus. You can find cheap ones if you look around the back streets of your town. That's where i found a few but at the time had no money. So, good luck in your adventure to find your HACHI! :guns: