PDA

View Full Version : best viet subs in town

civic_love
08-13-2004, 01:17 AM
tell me what you think

BebeAphrodite
08-13-2004, 01:20 AM
shouldn't this be in the food section?
I think most of the members will say thithi cuz there have been similar posts to this

EK 2.0
08-13-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
shouldn't this be in the food section?
I think most of the members will say thithi cuz there have been similar posts to this

right on the nose...

Thi Thi Subs...mmm...mmm...Good!!...I love the Chicken Satay with NO cilantro though...

FiveFreshFish
08-13-2004, 01:54 AM
The guy inside the mall around the corner from Thi Thi is pretty good also. His subs have peanut sauce.

A nice change from Thi Thi and lineups are shorter.

benyl
08-13-2004, 02:06 AM
I don't like the bread of that guy around the corner. He used have the same bread as Thi Thi... but not anymore. The subs are however pretty good...

GQBalla
08-13-2004, 03:50 AM
THI THI!
Service= 4/5 because its always packed!
food=5/5 AwESOME

Redlyne_mr2
08-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Thi Thi is great as always. Theres also that place at the U. Its called the good bread cafe or something weird like that. They make a damn good viet sub

jus_sum_guy
08-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Le Da in Forest Lawn is a good change from the usual ones in chinatown

dj_rice
08-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I like the ones from that place that is in the mall beside Treasures of China in Chinatown...

Is that Thi Thi?

That.Guy.S30
08-13-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I like the ones from that place that is in the mall beside Treasures of China in Chinatown...

Is that Thi Thi?

nope. we are located right across the street from the harry hays building.

kiwi
08-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Thi Thi is great as always. Theres also that place at the U. Its called the good bread cafe or something weird like that. They make a damn good viet sub

That place at the U makes some pretty interesting buns too... there's one w/ tuna salad in it that looks tasty, but I'm scared to try that place... I heard a story about someone finding a fingernail in the buns one time, & the staff there were very irresponsible & rude! :dunno:

Ajay
08-14-2004, 12:20 PM
I've had the Beef Sate at the one at the U and it's pretty good. I liked it ALOT!

Still have yet to try this Thi Thi subs...hopefully I'll get a chance next week sometime.

awd
08-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Ok, I am sick of hearing about Thi Thi -- can someone give me directions so I can go have one for lunch?

That.Guy.S30
08-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by awd
Ok, I am sick of hearing about Thi Thi -- can someone give me directions so I can go have one for lunch?

address is 209 1st street S.E. basically it is on the egde of chinatown facing directly across from the harry hays building.

awd
08-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

address is 209 1st street S.E. basically it is on the egde of chinatown facing directly across from the harry hays building.

perfect! thank you. How busy is it this time of day?

FiveFreshFish
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Weekday lunch hour is the busiest. Expect to wait awhile if you see any lineup outside the door.

k_dawg
08-14-2004, 02:34 PM
thi thi subs are really really good mmmmmmmmm

That.Guy.S30
08-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by awd

perfect! thank you. How busy is it this time of day?

if you go at 12 or 3 the lineup should be alot shorter. dont go at 10-12 or 1-2 becuase that is when most people will come for lunch.

FiveFreshFish
08-14-2004, 06:50 PM

if you go at 12 or 3 the lineup should be alot shorter. dont go at 10-12 or 1-2 becuase that is when most people will come for lunch.

I thought 12 to 1 is your busiest time.

nosegrindR
08-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Is that Thi Thi?

yeah that would be trung nguyen, they have the best service there, and their subs are so good with the peanut sauce and the type of bread they use. Sometimes they've hooked me up with a popsicle to eat while i waited. :thumbsup:

Chim
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM

nope. we are located right across the street from the harry hays building.

what do you mean "we"?

hey man if you share ownership in the place and aren't sharing any free subs with your sooby buddies I won't be very impressed :poosie:

That.Guy.S30
08-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

I thought 12 to 1 is your busiest time.

no it changes due to people tryin to avoid the lunch our. so basically they either go at 10-11 or after 1 becuase they think they can aviod the rush but in reality they just end up casuing the rush at different times.

and chim, by "we" i meant my mom and dad. i have no share in anything. i just help them out.

Chim
08-15-2004, 08:41 PM

no it changes due to people tryin to avoid the lunch our. so basically they either go at 10-11 or after 1 becuase they think they can aviod the rush but in reality they just end up casuing the rush at different times.

and chim, by "we" i meant my mom and dad. i have no share in anything. i just help them out.

Thats pretty sweet man. Your parents might've thought of this before, but they should open up a location and the UofC :clap:

That.Guy.S30
08-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Chim

Thats pretty sweet man. Your parents might've thought of this before, but they should open up a location and the UofC :clap:

we were supposed to be in there, to be honest i think it was the bake cheif lot that was on bid. but we ended up gettin outbidded, if thats a word. lol

Chim
08-16-2004, 06:26 PM
aww damn. bakechef is where i go everyday to get viet subs anyways haha

PhenomSE
08-18-2004, 02:19 PM
MMMmmm Thi Thi :drool: I might be getting a job at Telus soon so I will be there for lunch almost every day!! :clap:

toyboy88
08-18-2004, 03:29 PM
thi thi all the way!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

7thgenvic
08-18-2004, 03:39 PM
THE BEST IS a place on 17th ave accross from Western Canada highschool, call kim ann i believe, OMG, i love the beff satay<<<<<<< :thumbsup: so cheap as well

Ben
08-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nosegrindR

yeah that would be trung nguyen, they have the best service there, and their subs are so good with the peanut sauce and the type of bread they use. Sometimes they've hooked me up with a popsicle to eat while i waited. :thumbsup:

I agree, I used to like Thi Thi, but they lost this customer. sick and tired of waiting 30-40 min. Hell, I called in orders an HOUR in advance and every time they were never ready, 5 or 6 times in a row, unacceptable. Just TELL me that you are too busy and I'll go elsewhere, instead of me losing my entire lunch break, and then some to go and WAIT in line. Real fun. screw that. I dont care how busy the place is, not very customer orientated. In the service industry, too busy is no excuse.

The one in the mall is far superior. they have mastered the ways of making more than 1 sub at a time. :rolleyes: I dont know how many times I'd be at thi this, and some old asian woman would order like 5 subs, and they would make them INDIVIDUALLY! Like come on. Grab 5 buns and make them all at once, ESPECIALLY when they were the same kind! Thats why it takes so long.

The ones at Trung Nguyen are just as good IMO.

Sorry to jump ship man, but the service there has gone down hill hardcore, and I used to be a major customer. most of both of the departments I worked in at TELUS used to go there, now we all go to the one in the Mall cause they're fast and provide same quality food.

B17a
08-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Ben

I agree, I used to like Thi Thi, but they lost this customer. sick and tired of waiting 30-40 min. Hell, I called in orders an HOUR in advance and every time they were never ready, 5 or 6 times in a row, unacceptable. Just TELL me that you are too busy and I'll go elsewhere, instead of me losing my entire lunch break, and then some to go and WAIT in line. Real fun. screw that. I dont care how busy the place is, not very customer orientated. In the service industry, too busy is no excuse.

The one in the mall is far superior. they have mastered the ways of making more than 1 sub at a time. :rolleyes: I dont know how many times I'd be at thi this, and some old asian woman would order like 5 subs, and they would make them INDIVIDUALLY! Like come on. Grab 5 buns and make them all at once, ESPECIALLY when they were the same kind! Thats why it takes so long.

The ones at Trung Nguyen are just as good IMO.

Sorry to jump ship man, but the service there has gone down hill hardcore, and I used to be a major customer. most of both of the departments I worked in at TELUS used to go there, now we all go to the one in the Mall cause they're fast and provide same quality food.

Ben, I equate Thi Thi to the Soup Nazi off Seinfeld, even though it's not quite customer friendly sometimes, goddamn its good and I'll put up with just about anything for one!:thumbsup:

Ben
08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
meh, I can get a sub made the exact same way that they make them at thi this for less money and exponentially less time at a nearby competitor, so why pay more and get less? And you know I used to be a hardcore Thi Thi supporter.

That.Guy.S30
08-19-2004, 12:28 AM
wow, sorry to hear ben but thank you for the feedback.

Ben
08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
wow, sorry to hear ben but thank you for the feedback.

Sorry man, but it got to the point where loyalty wasn't outweighing waiting time and being late for work.

max_boost
08-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Is Trung Nguyen in the same mall as Pho Hoai?

Kona9
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

right on the nose...

Thi Thi Subs...mmm...mmm...Good!!...I love the Chicken Satay with NO cilantro though...

bang on brutha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben
08-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is Trung Nguyen in the same mall as Pho Hoai?

Ding Ding Ding!

My 2 faveorite places all under one roof.

:drool:

max_boost
08-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Ding Ding Ding!

My 2 faveorite places all under one roof.

:drool: Same owner?

That.Guy.S30
08-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Same owner?

used to be. then they sold it to the current owners.

its ok ben, as long as it was justified i understand your decision. i can understand your frustration also. once again sorry and thank you for your feedback.

Ben
08-19-2004, 10:48 PM

its ok ben, as long as it was justified i understand your decision. i can understand your frustration also. once again sorry and thank you for your feedback.

Hey man, it's awesome you can take some constructive criticism and be professional about it. I commend you for that :) :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Why does it take Thi Thi that long to make a sub? I'm just curious......I guess it must speak volumes about the quality if people are still willing to wait that long?:dunno:

I'm not sure what the process entails in making a sub but I would sure as hell speed things up without compromising the quality and just rake the $$$ in.:dunno:

That.Guy.S30
08-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Why does it take Thi Thi that long to make a sub? I'm just curious......I guess it must speak volumes about the quality if people are still willing to wait that long?:dunno:

I'm not sure what the process entails in making a sub but I would sure as hell speed things up without compromising the quality and just rake the $$$ in.:dunno:

hey max to answer your question, most of that time waiting is for the sub to be toasted in our oven. our oven is the one where you put it in one side and wait till it comes out on the other side. sometimes the bread is not toasted enough so my dad will keep it in there abit longer. and then after that he needs to put the veges/sauces on, then wrap it up put it in a bag and then tkae the money and give back change and then take the next order. its lot of work for two ppl considering they take no breaks all day and dont eat a thing until they have time. it also depends on what sub you order and if my mom has to make a new batch of beef/chick/rib if we are out.

jus_sum_guy
08-20-2004, 12:28 AM

Yea we sucked at making subs :banghead: lol

B17a
08-20-2004, 10:52 AM

hey max to answer your question, most of that time waiting is for the sub to be toasted in our oven. our oven is the one where you put it in one side and wait till it comes out on the other side. sometimes the bread is not toasted enough so my dad will keep it in there abit longer. and then after that he needs to put the veges/sauces on, then wrap it up put it in a bag and then tkae the money and give back change and then take the next order. its lot of work for two ppl considering they take no breaks all day and dont eat a thing until they have time. it also depends on what sub you order and if my mom has to make a new batch of beef/chick/rib if we are out.

Do you guys even have space for a bigger oven?? Would it help to pre-butter the buns too? I guess, once again you don't have space to store them.

That.Guy.S30
08-20-2004, 01:28 PM
^^ hah youve seen our store. its freakin small lol. anyways we cant alwasy pre butter the subs becuase alot of our customers ask for no butter on it. i believe if you prebutter the subs they get soggy and dont taste as good.

QuA
08-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Thi THi subs are orgasmic! love em.

civic_love
09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
I hate Thi Thi subs.... everytime i go there i have to wait like 10 hours for a sub hahahaha J/K......... it rocks to be the nephew... hahah it takes me 5 min max to get a sub.... sucks to you guys who have to wait in line.... mmmmmmmmmm:drool:

EK 2.0
09-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by civic_love
I hate Thi Thi subs.... everytime i go there i have to wait like 10 hours for a sub hahahaha J/K......... it rocks to be the nephew... hahah it takes me 5 min max to get a sub.... sucks to you guys who have to wait in line.... mmmmmmmmmm:drool:

so then you started this thread why??...to gain information of demographics and market share??:D

danno567
09-05-2004, 05:11 PM
great subs, fresh ingredients, good food.

Thats great that its your family that runs it and owns it.

the restaurant beside you also has great soups for those who have not been there.

danno567
09-05-2004, 05:11 PM
great subs, fresh ingredients, good food.

Thats great that its your family that runs it and owns it.

the restaurant beside you also has great soups for those who have not been there.

danno567
09-05-2004, 05:17 PM
sorry for the double post all