PDA

View Full Version : Beginer Mod's???

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 10:37 PM
:confused: Can anyone tell me which mods 2 the engine would be good and cheap as a beginner driver.

Toms-Celica
08-13-2004, 11:18 PM
what on earth do you drive?

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 11:29 PM
:( just got my lisence and im driving my brothers 98' Saturn SL1
what could i do to it??

Skyline_Addict
08-13-2004, 11:29 PM
beginner mods.
that's a very vague term.
if by beginner you mean small adjustment mods, then there a couple things you can do (for cheap).

cold air intakes can give you some decent horses. be prepared to pay atleast 250 for one.

the ultimate rice boy accessory - a custom muffler/exhaust. these start at around 100, but you'd be better off saving a little more to get something of better quality. more for show than anything, might add a little power. you'll notice most of the change in the sound of your car and how your car feels when you accelerate.

headers. more efficient airflow is your friend. 200+. check ebay for some cheaper deals.

badseed
08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
NOTHING, don't waste your time on a saturn!! Save your money and buy a nice car!

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 11:31 PM
this is it right here :( its nothing good just gets me around

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Im just saving up some money to get a nicer car but im still gonna drive this shit 2, so atleast i shud make it look Average and a lil fast i guess lol:whocares:

Skyline_Addict
08-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Cloud Dreamer
Im just saving up some money to get a nicer car but im still gonna drive this shit 2, so atleast i shud make it look Average and a lil fast i guess lol:whocares:

doing "beginners" mods to your car wouldn't make it noticeably faster anyways. it definetely gives you a different feeling, but if you were to check your timeslips before and after you modded your car, they would both be around the same.

if you're serious about making your car fast, you should start considering turbos and superchargers. not a good idea to put one of these in a saturn.

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 11:40 PM
if i had the money i wud be buying a better car before a turbo or supercharger. but hey for a 1st car i dont care what it is. better then nothing

Skyline_Addict
08-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

cold air intakes can give you some decent horses. be prepared to pay atleast 250 for one.

the ultimate rice boy accessory - a custom muffler/exhaust. these start at around 100, but you'd be better off saving a little more to get something of better quality. more for show than anything, might add a little power. you'll notice most of the change in the sound of your car and how your car feels when you accelerate.

headers. more efficient airflow is your friend. 200+. check ebay for some cheaper deals.

try some of those.
there really isn't much else you can do.

Cloud Dreamer
08-13-2004, 11:54 PM
tnx a lot i will:)

GTS Jeff
08-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Cloud Dreamer
tnx a lot i will:) honestly i would save that few hundred bucks and use it on something like an xbox.

Essence
08-14-2004, 10:02 AM
yeah, or use the money on something like a stereo for your car. :)

ZorroAMG
08-14-2004, 11:27 AM
or hookers.. They're fun.
:bigpimp:

1-Bar
08-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
or hookers.. They're fun.
:bigpimp:

only for a bit though, then it gets kinda repetitive......hahahaha

seriously though, I'd invest in a new stereo. If your totally keen on something performance wise, a CAI is a good way to go. I luved when I put mine on, I was at the gas station everyday refilling the beast...

90TurboLude
08-16-2004, 03:48 PM
heres the painful truth for those of us that wanna go faster, but our cars have very limited aftermarket support... the biggest "upgrade" is in learning to drive properly.. maybe save some cash and goto a school?

-mike

barmanjay
08-17-2004, 05:40 PM
If you wanna do mods to your car,... there really isn't anything worthwhile for a saturn to make it faster,.. like mentioned above,.. a CAI,.. might gain you 2-3 hp, but it would sound real cool,... if anything performance wise go handling,... stiffer/lower springs/shocks,.. wider tires,... lower profile,... that'll give you a decent handling aspect,... run auto-cross at the track,... it's actually a helluva lot more fun than drag.

chibi_chas
08-21-2004, 06:26 AM
i say save your moeny and get something else

pinoyhero
08-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Already been posted but I would just save, after doing a bunch of things to the ride you'll notice that you've dropped a few grand into it that could have been spent on something better, simply wait myfriend, don't let the mod bug get you....

SkylineAdmirer
08-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Like the other guy said don't waste your money on mods for this and besides its your brothers let him pay for mods, if you browse the net for awile you shud be able to find a deal, saturn's are crap, get a japanese car, replacement parts aren't as cheap but much better quality you'll be repairing it less

Owned 2
08-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by badseed
NOTHING, don't waste your time on a saturn!! Save your money and buy a nice car!

hahahahhaha no offence.... even though its a saturn... he can still trade it in for like 5 cars like yours

h22aseller
08-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Already been posted but I would just save, after doing a bunch of things to the ride you'll notice that you've dropped a few grand into it that could have been spent on something better, simply wait myfriend, don't let the mod bug get you....

:thumbsup: i agree, you will look back at all the money you spend, and wonder "what the hell was i thinking?"

h22aseller
08-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SkylineAdmirer
Like the other guy said don't waste your money on mods for this and besides its your brothers let him pay for mods, if you browse the net for awile you shud be able to find a deal, saturn's are crap, get a japanese car, replacement parts aren't as cheap but much better quality you'll be repairing it less

don't listen to this guy, he wants to import a R33 skyline. i agree that saturns are not exactly fast, but they are well capable of taking a supercharger. look at the ion redline.

yohan4ws
08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
GET STICKERS!!!!!:bigpimp:

FiveFreshFish
08-30-2004, 03:10 PM
The best mod to make is on the driver. Driver training will make you a better driver and you can use that on any car.

Learn to drive what you've got before considering any mods on the car.

HillBilly
08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Just buy some premium gas. Thats about all you'd want to do to a Saturn...

beyondpinoy
08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T
Just buy some premium gas. Thats about all you'd want to do to a Saturn...

buying premium gas isn't going to give you the best preformance, it could even be bad for your engine. buy the gasoline ment for your engine, most likely octane 87,

the only difference between the gas, is they burn at different temps, the higher octane, higher temp it burn at, meaning if you get premium gas (octane 91) it won't completely burn, and apparently that can be bad for your engine.. same goes with cars that need high premium gas, if they use the lower basic gas, then the gas will prematurly burn, before its suppose to, and that can be bad for your engine too,

for mods on your car, just stick a short ram or cold air intake filter on your car, to make it sound better, you can get one of those at canadian tire for like 45$