PDA

View Full Version : Friday da 13th: Not Cool!

max_boost
08-13-2004, 11:19 PM
My gf is ok but is feeling the aches and pains after being in a multi vehicle accident today. Basically she was the 4th of five vehicles. Insurance is going to be a bitchy process I imagine. It was basically a domino effect.

1st car slams on its brakes, 2nd car hit the first, 3rd car hit the second, 4th car hit the third, 5th car hit the fourth. Feel bad for the very first car which felt four taps :(but the RSX is by far in the worst possible shape of the five. It was pretty much a fender bender for the first four vehicles but the 5th car, a minivan just freaking plowed into my gf, god knows how fast he must have been going.

I think the RSX is gone, the front and rear is absolutely smashed in:( What a crappy day..........:cry: :drama:

Will find out about damages etc. tomorrow.

max_boost
08-13-2004, 11:26 PM
This accident might turn out expensive. Mods aren't salvageable, the buyout is still at $29K, not sure if I have the limited waiver of depreciation to cover its cost.

What if insurance gives me $25K for the car? I'm automatically out $4k in my own pocket + $1k for deductible. Not to mention car mods........freaking shitttttttty:banghead:

All for a car that I didn't drive.......much:banghead:

kiwi
08-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Ouch! That must have been kinda freaky for everyone! Hope your gf is okay! Whiplash is not cool!

sabad66
08-13-2004, 11:50 PM
shitty deal man, is that the one you were leasing and were looking for someone to take over? it really is too bad. where did this take place?

JAYMEZ
08-13-2004, 11:53 PM
If you can get to ur car , maybe you can salvage some of the mods??

Skylinelover
08-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Is she at any fault? And won't the van have to pay for your car?

Zephyr
08-13-2004, 11:55 PM
dam that really sucks...and it looked nice too....

roopi
08-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear. Hopefully she's feeling OK tomorrow.

Speaking of Friday the 13th my Fiance's dog was hit by a car this morning and killed (the driver didn't even stop)

sxtasy
08-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
This accident might turn out expensive. Mods aren't salvageable, the buyout is still at $29K, not sure if I have the limited waiver of depreciation to cover its cost.

What if insurance gives me $25K for the car? I'm automatically out $4k in my own pocket + $1k for deductible. Not to mention car mods........freaking shitttttttty:banghead:

All for a car that I didn't drive.......much:banghead:
Well i know some lease companies cover the difference from what insurance pays out to the buyout of the vehicle, hopefully it applies to Honda/Acura. Hope you guys are ok, and have some better luck.

That.Guy.S30
08-14-2004, 01:08 AM
damn man.. hope she feels better. im really scared these days to drive in calgary streets. alot of ppl are just careless. dont worry about the car max, let insurnace figure it out. tend to your gf first

ryder_23
08-14-2004, 01:11 AM
Sorry to hear tha man...i hope shes ok...

i mean a car eventually can be replaced, but you cant replace someone who you care about...

rage2
08-14-2004, 01:12 AM
When you insure a leased vehicle, it's mandatory to have gap insurance. Your insurer automatically does this so if an accident happens and the write off value is less than your payout, gap insurance covers it so you don't have to pay that $4k.

1-Bar
08-14-2004, 03:04 AM
sorry to hear, but I hope you gf is doing alright. Hopefully the car insurance is a speedy process and your gf's recovery is an even faster one.

Importz
08-14-2004, 03:23 AM
post pics...i wanna see....sorry to hear dude...

Weapon_R
08-14-2004, 03:48 AM
The car can be replaced...

Glad to hear everyone was okay.

max_boost
08-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

The claim has been processed and just have to sit back and wait for now. After talking to Tony (National) preliminary inspection suggests it's pretty close to a write off but won't know exactly until early next week. I also had a good look at the van who hit us and its front end is pretty banged up. The owner decided to take it to National as well. Of the 5 cars, the first 3 are still driveable.

On a side note, National is a service first center for Statefarm so that will probably speed up the process.

The gf is still feeling shakened by the incident but she is doing well.

Rage2, as for the gap insurance, I know it was a coverage option on my insurance. However, I declined to pick it up. Not sure the implications but I hope you are correct in this matter.

Also not sure how this claim will affect my rates since it will be an at fault claim. I will need a second car, might have to make that decision soon.

blueripper6
08-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I saw the whole thing, I just about shit my pants. I feel sorry for ur gf because that was definitly the hardest crash out of them all.
I almost pooped my pants when i saw the rsx.
Hope u get it all straightned out and your girlfriend has a speedy recovery.

max_boost
08-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
I saw the whole thing, I just about shit my pants. I feel sorry for ur gf because that was definitly the hardest crash out of them all.
I almost pooped my pants when i saw the rsx.
Hope u get it all straightned out and your girlfriend has a speedy recovery. You could be an important witness!! Would you be willing to testify if we needed you to?

A_3
08-14-2004, 04:48 PM
wow man... that's horrible. When it all comes down to it though, the car is just a peice of metal, as long as your gf is alright that's what really matters!

p.s. Was kind of a lucky day for me, purchased a new ride :D :dunno:

Paul
08-14-2004, 04:53 PM
just saw the car up at my shop, ouch! sorry for the loss, it was a very nice vehicle, maybe with a little luck it one day will be again

RSeXy
08-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks for all the condolences. My back and neck are pretty sore, I've been living it up on extra strength advil. Max_Boost has been a total sweetie throughout the whole ordeal. I am just too shaken up and feeling bad about the accident. I miss my car terribly, she got banged up pretty bad. Will post pics when I'm feeling better or Sam will.

Lynds

GQBalla
08-14-2004, 07:01 PM
good to hear~!:thumbsup:

D'z Nutz
08-14-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
Thanks for all the condolences. My back and neck are pretty sore, I've been living it up on extra strength advil. Max_Boost has been a total sweetie throughout the whole ordeal. I am just too shaken up and feeling bad about the accident. I miss my car terribly, she got banged up pretty bad. Will post pics when I'm feeling better or Sam will.

Lynds

Jeez, isn't this like the second time you've been hit this year? That's some bad luck. Sorry to hear about it. Maybe some community teriyaki will make you feel better. If not, it'll numb the pain! Hahaha! Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

Hope the insurance works out for you MB.

brandon
08-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Something like that happened to me 2 months ago with my 1 month old civic!. I got squished in bewteen but they didnt right it off instead they are still repairing it (2 months later and dont have it) and its up to 17grand so far.

I would of much rather had it written off.

G/L

max_boost
08-16-2004, 11:29 AM
My gf uploaded the pics of the car.

http://public.fotki.com/blushingbaby/my_rsx-s/

Gonthro
08-16-2004, 11:46 AM
thats harsh man, good luck with the insurance and healing process.

redline
08-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I know my insurance will replace the car or give purchase price if totaled in the first 2 years...

glad to hear everyone is ok!

rage2
08-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by redline
I know my insurance will replace the car or give purchase price if totaled in the first 2 years...

glad to hear everyone is ok!
Optional coverage. Limited Waiver of Depreciation. max_boost wasn't sure if he had it.

bol
08-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear Sam. Car's can be replaced so it's good she's alright.

I drove by the accident a couple of times on Friday and it looked pretty rough.

max_boost
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
$17K Damages! Hopefully more so they can just write the dam thing off! I sold off some mods to pay for my deductible :rofl: If it's fixable, getting a new kit and wing. I'm uploading pictures and will post the link if anyone cares to see. :eek:

max_boost
08-16-2004, 04:33 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4285889991

ZorroAMG
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Now does she (your insurance) have to pay for the damages of the car ahead of her? Sorry for the shitty ordeal, glad she's ok....

max_boost
08-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Five car pile up, it's a complete mess as far as I know. Not sure if there is going to be a lot of suing going on. Contrary to many others, my gf does not view this accident as an opportunity nor is she interested in pursuing legal matters.

This is the way I explained it to my agent, and not sure if it makes a difference or not. The initial collision between the RSX and the 3rd vehicle (Civic) was minor, the air bags didn't go off, of course. I'm not exactly sure what impact is required to set the air bags off either. It wasn't until the 5th vehicle, the minivan came crashing in, pushing the RSX further into the Civic and causing more damage. So that really complicates things as it pushed everyone forward. Ahhhh

Perhaps it could be as simple as everyone paying for the rear damages of the car they hit and then suing whoever is behind them? LOL I have no idea......

Insurance is going up for sures......that's all I know hehe:nut:

FiveFreshFish
08-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry to read about your accident.

Why did the CRV slam on its brakes?

E36M3
08-16-2004, 11:37 PM
ouch.. sorry to hear. so much danger out there.. Calgary's roads seem taxed. I was almost taked out today by a 99 year old retard in a Buick who didn't bother looking before turning in front of me.

Thanks God for 8 piston brakes.

max_boost
08-17-2004, 03:29 PM
No one really knows why the CRV slammed on its brakes. You know how some drivers would be driving and then tap on their brakes for no reason? I suspect that is what happened but I'm not sure!

In any case, after talking to Statefarm again today, I found out about the gap insurance rage is referring to. Gap insurance is carried by the manufacturer and the negotiation is between Statefarm and Honda. So I won't be out any money even if Statefarm offers me $25K with my buyout at $29K. Honda has insurance to cover it, woohoo! LOL

An adjuster is coming to look at the car tomorrow, I just hope they write the dam thing off and sell it for parts. Body panels, engine, interior, trunk, is all in good condition:D

I've found a 99 Carerra with GT2 Kit for sale, that's why :D

E36M3, take good care of that SL:D

7thgenvic
08-18-2004, 02:13 PM
UMMM CAN I HAVE THAT K20a2!!!!! if its a write off!?????? and seats!

max_boost
08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
It isn't a writeoff and they are going to fix it........ahhhh :rofl:

Ben
08-18-2004, 04:08 PM
thats so brutal Sam! Lynds!

AHhhhhhh

After driving around Vancouver for the past week, I hate almost every other car on the road, haha.

Hope everyone/thing has a speedy recovery.

max_boost
08-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Thanks Ben

Since the car is going under the knife, I'm going to change some mods on it :D Gonna visit Tunawerks and make a nice purchase tomorrow:D

E36M3
08-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Take a look in the bay.

Originally posted by max_boost
Thanks Ben

Since the car is going under the knife, I'm going to change some mods on it :D Gonna visit Tunawerks and make a nice purchase tomorrow:D