PDA

View Full Version : Avp

Wildcat
08-14-2004, 12:36 AM
I thought it was wicked, i wasent expecting much going into it which probly made the movie seem better.

yay or nay?

mo_virgin
08-14-2004, 12:40 AM
This had to be one of the cheesiest movies i have ever seen!!!

It seemed like the black girl and the predator were a couple at the end... i thought they were gonna kiss we he took of his mask!!! I did laugh alot during this movie though... but in the end... its just not worth seeing in theaters.

Skyline_Addict
08-14-2004, 12:49 AM
argggh! it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was short.....and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
argggh!
truly an insult to the seperate alien and predator trilogies!

ryder_23
08-14-2004, 12:55 AM
^
:werd: i had a feelin it was gonna be kinda stupid, like jason x, and freddy vs jason....not alot of time went into it...and the scenes were so dark (not like alien movie(s) arnt), but still, it was kinda dissapointing, needs more big action scenes...

Possible spoiler

Like when they did the flashback with all the aliens climbing up, that was best part of the damn movie...and it was 20seconds long, if the whole movie were like that scene, it woulda been dope :D

Skyline_Addict
08-14-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

Like when they did the flashback with all the aliens climbing up, that was best part of the damn movie...and it was 20seconds long, if the whole movie were like that scene, it woulda been dope :D

and what's a movie like that without good fighting scenes.
there weren't any, the fight scenes were as good as wwe women's wrestling, without the women.

ryder_23
08-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Exactly...not enough gore, not enough of anything...fighting scenes were weak, not enough alien vs predator action...vvery weak...

I mean, the ending part was soo damn predictable....diigtal work wasnt too bad, technology has come a long way since the first ones...

Kamen
08-14-2004, 01:44 AM
That bad eh?
I went to the theatre 45mins early to get tickets and they were already sold out...I bought tickets for tomorrow night though...
I hope I won't be a dissapointed as you guys were...but then again some of you said the Village was awesome :nut:

Hakkola
08-14-2004, 02:21 AM
Hahaha. The movie was ok, not as good as I had hoped but it was entertaining, kind of. I had a pretty terrible seat...

The movie stayed pretty close to one of the books that I read when I was younger, except the human woman goes on to live with the predators etc...

I think it was ok for what it was, pretty good buildup for the story, it actually ended a lot quicker than I thought it would, shorter movie than it should have been.

I've been waiting for this movie for like 6 years, so I had high hopes, the movie fell short of what I wanted but it was entertaining.

ddmmak
08-14-2004, 08:01 AM
too short, lame ending, not worth 10.95!!!! wow its predator 2 all over again.. .well the ending that is.

Wildcat
08-14-2004, 09:19 AM
ya some parts were cheesy, i was surprised that a couple of the predators got killed off so quick, like the bigger guy with the crazy mask was kicking some serious ass for a while.

It was funny when he made that sheild and spear for the girl, predator arts and crafts time kids! :rofl:

cujo_cjc
08-14-2004, 10:33 AM
i didn't have any expectations going in to the movie
i thought it was a decent movie
they're were some cheezy moments but the action was alright :dunno:

SwitchBlade
08-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Wow i was thouroughly dissapointed the people died to fast and in a non creative short of fashion. Its really nothing without Sigourney weaver. The ending is pretty predictable also. Ill put it this way wait for your friend to rent it.

jasonl
08-14-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought the movie was awesome until the black chick got the spear and shield.... and plus the ending really sucked

ryder_23
08-14-2004, 09:22 PM
^
But its an alien movie, you could see that coming a mile away...

gpomp
08-15-2004, 01:44 AM
I havn't seen any of the Alien movies and I expected aliens fighting predators... that's what I got and I thought it was alright.

Kamen
08-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Just came back from it.
It was ok.

Here are the reasons I disliked it:
- The preds died too fast, especially the big ass kicking one.
- When Lex was running with the pred, it was like Batman and Robin...
- After Lex's little sled ride and it shows her running she has nothing. But when she fights the Queen, she is fully armed...
- The ending doesn't do much...1 pred alien out of the dead predator on a ship full of predators...with no Queen and additional eggs...

Actually maybe I was just expecting too much...it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be...

Wildcat
08-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
- The ending doesn't do much...1 pred alien out of the dead predator on a ship full of predators...with no Queen and additional eggs...

ya, that alien is going to get owned :rofl:

jose_01
08-22-2004, 08:13 AM
i should have read this before i went to see it opening weekend..... i should have expected the crappiness as it's directed by that resident evil guy:banghead:

xkon
08-22-2004, 08:50 AM
damn it was horrible... but at least i didnt have to see 'the notebook'

the fight scenes seemed too fast... all i saw clearly was alien slime

PhenomSE
08-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
argggh! it sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was short.....and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
argggh!
truly an insult to the seperate alien and predator trilogies!

:werd:

Xpnsve
08-26-2004, 02:15 PM
The game was good... can't wait till avp 3

403Gemini
08-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by xkon
damn it was horrible... but at least i didnt have to see 'the notebook'

the fight scenes seemed too fast... all i saw clearly was alien slime

notebook was superior compared to this

i actually enjoyed the notebook quite a bit