PDA

View Full Version : Prelude 1 - AstroVan 0

1-Bar
08-14-2004, 02:56 AM
Hey guys/gals...I thought I'd share a funny street encounter involving me and a packed astrovan blaring some weird nosie. Ne-who the story goes something like this:

After dropping off said buddy's car at his house involving a busted axel, I was on my way downtown to pickup my gf from her sister's place. On the way home to the NE along McCloud between 7 ave and 5 ave from light to light this Astrovan is inticing me to race. Errr...no thanks, especially in downtown. Newayzz, we get to the 5 ave bridge to Memorial and I'm on the outside taking the turn a little aggressively, the van cuts out b/c he can't corner like said prelude and then takes a hard line to the outside lane and proceeds to fly by me.....well then this is where it gets interesting, immidiatley following the van is a ghost car. I thought I was going to get pulled over since my car is so heat, but instead the ghost car changes lanes from behind me and flashes his lights and pulls the van over, probably clocked at 110 is my guess since they were wayy ahead of me at that point....I laughted my ass off and slowed down just enough to wave to the driver of said van....Sorry no pics, but a funny story none the less (at least it was for me)

statick
08-14-2004, 10:45 AM
:rofl: ...funny shit my man

ZorroAMG
08-14-2004, 11:24 AM
The cop was just smart, both cars at 110, which one can handle turns at that speed? A pimp lude or a POS van? Hmmmmmmm

CivicDXR
08-14-2004, 11:27 AM
**in the voice of Mike Epps** ya'll can't f*ck with the po-lice... ya'll can't f*ck with the po-lice :D

k_dawg
08-14-2004, 02:10 PM
lol thats halrious that will teach the van something about trying to race cars that can actually handle turns and maybe now he won't race on streets :rofl: :rofl:

CelicaST-162
08-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Was the van gold by any chance?

1-Bar
08-14-2004, 05:46 PM
naw, white all the way around and de-badged

Seanith
08-14-2004, 11:57 PM
good kill lol

joseph
08-15-2004, 12:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good story.:thumbsup: Stupid minivans :rofl:

H4LFY2nR
08-15-2004, 02:38 AM
HAHA I had the same thing happen to me with a CRX. Buddy comes up from behind real f-ing fast, coasts beside me while reving his engine. I just look at him and pull behind him at a light. Then he just takes off and I decided to accelerate quickly just playing with him until I was going about 70. He keeps going and is going probally 100 by now and the light ahead turns yellow but he can't quite stop. So he swerves into the left turning lane then decides to half return to the previous lane and finally he just turns left just rippin it through the red light. Funny part was there were two marked police vehicles waiting at the light and they just looked at each other like "do you want him, or should I get him". So when I passed him me and my gf just smiled and waived at him while he was recieving his many tickets. And then I saw him at the car wash a couple days later and he was all "what d ya got done under the hood" HAHAHAHA

JCX
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Haha. Good kill. :D

I had a similar thing happen driving my bro's SRT-4, I (BY ACCIDENT :angel: ) got beside a thrid gen firebird and took off in a semi-spirited manner. He took off like a scalded dog, I gingerly followed only to notice a white ghost car. Oops, pardon me while I pull a u turn and firechicken gets a ticket.