PDA

View Full Version : Changed my eating habits and....

fast95pony
08-14-2004, 10:55 AM
I've started to loose weight. I've cut out junk food,fast food,pop,and beer. I'm now eating salads,fruits,some cottage cheese,and mainly drinking water.I'm also trying to be more active.
After 3 weeks I've lost 16 lbs. My goal is to loose 50 lbs by December and 100 lbs by next Spring.

My motivation is to make the Focus quicker for Solo 2 next year.:D

So far,so good....

badseed
08-14-2004, 11:00 AM
If you lose anymore than 2lbs per week it is due to:

1. water loss
2. decreased lean body mass (muscle mass)

This is the type of weight you do not want to lose because it is too rapid and basically unhealthy. This is a known fact.

fast95pony
08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Would that 2lbs/week be for a person in reasonable shape ??
Because I'm not !

I'm still eating a lot ,it's just not junk food,plus I'm drinking a lot of water ,and I feel stronger and less tired,in fact I feel great !

I'm expecting the 5lb loss/week to level out to 2-3 lbs a week..

badseed
08-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Yes 2lbs a week is a healthy rate to lose weight for the average individual. Individuals who are have a high body fat composition may experience rapid weight loss initially but this should taper down.

ZorroAMG
08-14-2004, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't change the eating habits so drastically because your body is used to having a certain amount of fat intake, you deprive it of that and it'll store whatever fat you do eat. I would cut down the junk food i increments, taht way your body doesn't panic, realizing it is going through major nutritional changes.

Very awesome that you are doing this, keep it up!!

badseed
08-14-2004, 11:24 AM
I disagree, if a persons daily fat intake is too high then it is unhealthy and associated with many health risks. The sooner you decrease excess fat in a diet the better. The above concept has some truth but only to a certain extent.

fast95pony
08-14-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the support !!
I can't mod the Focus in stock class,but I can mod the driver !!
This has been a good motivator for me..:)

^SkylinE^
08-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Good to hear man keep it up!!!

Chim
08-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey dude nice progress so far :thumbsup:

badseed is right though, although your fat is going down your muscle likely is as well. Unless you do proper training and keep your protein intake up, you're just gonna look like a smaller version of yourself right now (same amount of definition just smaller).

Good luck on your fat-losing journey

1badPT
08-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Hey man, good to hear, I'm about 2 months into a new healthy lifestyle and I think you're doing great. As you get closer to your goals, you'll feel more motivated to achieve them and set new ones so good luck.

The tough part is getting started and you've already done that, just keep it going :thumbsup:

I've got some diet tips and workouts that are good for beginners to intermediates. What I like about my routine is it started out with things I like to do (biking, swimming after work) and gradually worked its way into a more formal workout.

If you want to trade ideas PM me and I'll give you what I know. Congrats on what you've done so far :)

Toma
08-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by badseed
If you lose anymore than 2lbs per week it is due to:

1. water loss
2. decreased lean body mass (muscle mass)

This is the type of weight you do not want to lose because it is too rapid and basically unhealthy. This is a known fact.
bullshit

GTS Jeff
08-18-2004, 01:30 AM
haha i see this thread is full of doctors and dieticians :nut:

fast95pony, awesome! 100lbs is a noticeable difference in a small car...and as an added bonus, ill stop calling u fat-95pony behind your back! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TrevorK
08-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by badseed
I disagree, if a persons daily fat intake is too high then it is unhealthy and associated with many health risks. The sooner you decrease excess fat in a diet the better. The above concept has some truth but only to a certain extent.

Someone has to point out that healthy fats are a CRUCIAL part to a well-balanced diet.

Without the correct portion of healthy fats your progress will not be as good....

xkon
08-18-2004, 09:10 AM
good work man... i started the same thing a few months back and went from 210 to 175! Mainly I quit eating junk food, no more pop, and more water and running... Still have a bit to lose, but am happy I lost the gut!

fast95pony
09-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Just thought I'd give an update. After 2 months I'm down 26 lbs.

Now winter is coming , I'm looking at getting something for cardio at home like a tread mill or a stationary bicycle .
I like walking,but I'm not a fan of walking on icy paths and streets.

cityhunter2501
09-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Now winter is coming , I'm looking at getting something for cardio at home like a tread mill or a stationary bicycle .
play some indoor sports.
I play basketball at SAIT every spare periods I have every day

finboy
09-23-2004, 10:35 PM
good work man!

keep it up

Ben
09-23-2004, 10:53 PM

Alan! Thats so awesome to hear about your success!

Good job buddy! Keep it up!!!!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ninjak84
09-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Wait a sec.... You're saying you lost weight by eating smart and not putting a bunch of shit inside of you every day? You didn't even starve yourself or have fat surgery?
What's that "active" stuff you were talking about?
:bullshit:
I weigh 350lbs, and I dunno why. I mean fuck, I even drink diet coke, and walk 2 blocks to DQ everyday.

Haha I'm just kidding. Good work bud, props!

Ben
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Gotta love the people that go to McDicks and order a 2000 calorie meal and a diet coke.

Diet cokes is worse for you IMO. Aspartame = evil.

Melinda
09-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Diet cokes is worse for you IMO. Aspartame = evil.
:werd: dont drink diet coke unless you have a blood sugar problem and cant drink regular stuff. It causes cancer and makes your little boys not swim as well

fast95pony
09-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys !! :thumbsup:

I still should be exercising more,but I'm working on that..

Zero102
10-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Aspartame = evil is VERY true.
Over time, aspartame breaks down into formaldehyde, which as we all know is carcinogenic.
Just ask my mom, she was on a diet, started drinking diet coke, ended up with a HUGE tumor. She got it removed, stayed off diet coke for 2 years, not a problem, she started drinking it again, and here we are, 6 months later, she's going to have another one removed.

As an aside, aspartame causes water retention, which we all know doesn't help with weight loss.

Remember, aspartame, sucralose, etc are all bad for you. Just eat the damn sugar, it's 100x better for you.

Anyhoo, that aside, I hear you on this whole diet thing, just found out I suffer from hypertension, so I had to change my whole eating-lifestyle around.

Khyron
10-10-2004, 09:20 PM
I still think the aspertame fear is perpetuated by crack-pot conspiracy theorists. Every website I've been pointed to usually looks no different than fake moon landing sites, or fake pentagon attack sites, etc.

The October 2, 2004 issue of the British Medical Journal carries an editorial concluding that aspartame has been "demonised unfairly" in sections of the press and on the Internet.

The BMJ editorial states: "Evidence does not support links between aspartame and cancer, hair loss, depression, dementia, behavioural disturbances, or any of the other conditions appearing in websites. Agencies such as the Food Standards Agency, European Food Standards Authority, and the Food and Drug Administration have a duty to monitor relations between foodstuffs and health and to commission research when reasonable doubt emerges. Aspartame's safety was convincing to the European Scientific Committee on Food in 1988,but proving negatives is difficult, and it is even harder to persuade vocal sectors of the public whose opinions are fuelled more by anecdote than by evidence. The Food Standards Agency takes public concerns very seriously and thus pressed the European Scientific Committee on Food to conduct a further review, encompassing over 500 reports, in 2002. It concluded from biochemical, clinical, and behavioural research that the acceptable daily intake of 40 mg/kg/day of aspartame remained entirely safe-except for people with phenylketonuria."

You think if it was that dangerous that money hungry lawyers wouldn't have taken it to town already?

I'll tell you why people don't want you using artificial sweetners - guess who's a major producer of sugar? Ever wonder why the sweetner is in the pharmacy, but never with the sugar? It's all about the money, and sugar is the big industry. Asperteme, etc are all the little guys.

And when that new sweetner (without apsertame - I forget the name) becomes more common, you bet someone will say it causes hairloss, makes your dog hate you, whatever.

Khyron

blueripper6
10-11-2004, 12:22 AM
aspertame is not fucking giving you cancer. Thats all bullshit... Someone show me LEGIT tests done to prove that its bad for you..

and Melinda.. I have a blood sugar problem and weight problem.. what do i do now?? LOL im addicted.

Real pop is sooo fucking bad for u, but if ur skinny/active who gives a shit dont lower yourself to drink this diet crap.. hehehehh although diet coke with a lime is quite tasty.

Good Job on the weight loss man, Im doing the same thing. only normal pop no candy no fast food etc.. going to the gym doing cardio. If you want to keep some muscle definition(because being overweight really works your muscles) then do weights aswell!!! Make sure you do less weight more reps(15-17) because it promotes fat loss and a leaner muscle..

I know a shitload about this stuff.. if you wanna ask questions just PM.. ive lost 7 pounds, in 6 weeks.. im aiming for a pound a week. Im diabetic so I think that it is a little tougher, Im not starving myself, I love to cook.. so I cook when im bored:dunno: and eat it too.. hehh. Im happy with my progress because I feel better even though im still a mess, but I dont care what other people think. Uve lost a shit load of wieght already, you will probably start to see it even off and you will start to loose less each week, dont get descouraged!!!! Thats normal, because all other organisms besides humans dont have wieght problems because there ecosystem is balanced. Your body thinks its bad when you loose weight, and after it realizes you have lost a bunch it will try to stop it, retaining fat etc etc... but just keep it up your effin pro man:clap:

btw!! dont starve yourself, because that makes it torture and makes you want to do it less giving u a better chance of just giving up.. if your hungry.. EAT.. make a fruit salad.

[edit]Get a treadmill, its a better workout then the bike, helps with stance etc etc.. unless you have like knee or back problems. Although my dad was rear ended which gave him back/neck problems and he cant ride the bike.. so he does the treadmill. Or maybe he does it because they have huge tvs on them now:nut: :D :angel: :clap:

fast95pony
10-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Three months....36lbs down :) .
I've been using Usana vitamin/minerals , and their health shake products. I've been walking a lot and recently picked up a weight bench and some weights.
Getting a tad fed up with rabbit food and drinking gallons of water. I might treat myself to a nice big steak and a Guinness soon..:drool:

benyl
10-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Go see Supersize me to find out about sugar in soft drinks.

After 1 month of the McDs diet, they figured he consumed 35 lbs of sugar, more than a pound a day. It was mostly from the pop he drank with each meal.

Glad to hear the diet and exercise is going well. I need to get back on the treadmill myself... I am becoming a fat bastard again....

blinkme_210
10-27-2004, 12:27 AM
In one can of 355mL of Coca-Cola, there is about 6 tablespoons of sugar. You would NEVER dare to put that much into your coffee. So now you know why Coke tastes so sweet after all the carbon dioxide's has been released into the air. Just stay away from pop, doesn't matter if it's sugar or swimmer killers, it's all bad for you.

kiwi
10-27-2004, 12:39 AM
Three months....36lbs down :) .
I've been using Usana vitamin/minerals , and their health shake products. I've been walking a lot and recently picked up a weight bench and some weights.
Getting a tad fed up with rabbit food and drinking gallons of water. I might treat myself to a nice big steak and a Guinness soon..:drool:

Holy smokes! Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: