PDA

View Full Version : Dent removal techniques

szw
11-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Anyone have any dent removal techniques?

I had a huge dent from some jackass on my drivers door. About half the door was caved in.

I removed the door panel and pushed out as much as I could. Most of the dent is gone, except one area (about 2 inches tall and 6-7 inches long) is still dented. I tried pushing it out, but some parts will stick out more than it used to.

So right now, it looks kinda wavy (if you look down on the dent). Some parts stick out more than used to, some are dented in more than used to.

Any suggestions for this?

ALSO..the big dent I pushed out...when I push on that area, the metal is very wobbly. Should I try to strengthen the metal in those areas? How do I do that?

Thanks

This sucks major ass.

szw
11-07-2002, 09:53 PM
Oh I should also note...the bastard area is right above my door moulding. I removed the moulding, and there are two holes there. I tried sticking something into the holes and poking out the dents but couldn't get enough leverage...didn't want to scratch the outside accidentally.

GTS Jeff
11-07-2002, 09:58 PM
u could give dry ice a try. never tried it myself tho

LUDELVR
11-07-2002, 10:16 PM
if it's really big, try a plunger or something.

CRXguy
11-07-2002, 10:19 PM
make sure you clean the plunger thoroughly before using it!!:eek: :rofl:

Don't want no skidmarks on the door!

szw
11-07-2002, 10:19 PM
Nope, the remaining dents I have are small...got out all the big ones.

Ferio_vti
11-08-2002, 10:44 AM
You can do like those theives did last month with the Yukon, go steal a door from someone else's car.

szw
11-08-2002, 11:08 AM
Yea I thought of that too. haha