PDA

View Full Version : Biker on glenmore

SwitchBlade
08-15-2004, 01:12 AM
One of the weirder occurences i stumbled upon. I was driving down Glenmore yesterday to go to sports check. Then outta nowhere the 3 cars in front of me slam on their brakes. At this point im at a deadstop on Glenmore which is 80km/h wondering what the hell happened. Turns out there is a biker, as in cyclist biking down glenmore. I mean really get some brains. I dunno if this guy had a death wish or was one of those get extreme fitness CEO guru's. In either case please clue in to the cars around you inadvertently swerving and almost causing very large accidents. Im thankful that my car didnt make any exchanges in paint with an other vehicle. Whats with people these days :nut:

m10-power
08-15-2004, 01:22 AM
It should be illegal (perhaps it is, then it should be enforced) to ride a peddle bike on roads that are posted higher then 50km/h.

Spooned
08-15-2004, 04:08 PM
haha its actually a bilaw that anyone over 18 cannot ride on side walks, so maybe the poor chap was trying to get home..

hehe j/k j/k

just glad no one was injured.

cloud7
08-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Cyclists has the right to ride on any street in Calgary EXCEPT for Deerfoot Trail. It is not cool to get stucked behind a bicycle but they have every right to be there... we just have to be patient and keep an eye out for them.

habsfan
08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
i would agree with the fact that cyclists have the right to travel on public roads, but use common sense and stay on the side of the road, out of the way of traffic.

chibi_chas
08-17-2004, 11:43 PM
i feel that bikers are only a problem during peak hours either than that its not bad .

eblend
08-18-2004, 10:29 PM
hahaha
funny i saw that same dude, we must have been driving pretty close by, i saw the dude...he wasn't on the side of the road either..he was actually almost right in the center!! what an idiot!