PDA

View Full Version : FS: HID Relay harnesses

alpha
08-15-2004, 10:05 PM
hey guys, I am selling some HID relay harness for HID kits that didnt come with relays. Here is a link to some info on the reasons for the need of this kind of harness.

http://members.shaw.ca/fragment/headlamp-harness.html

to sum it up, when your hids come on the power draw surges to nearly 13amps of current for several seconds, on a harness thats designed for 7.5 amps max.

What this means is that for those 4 or 5 seconds your harness is being overloaded causing large amounts of damaging heat each time you power up your ballasts.

What these harness kits do is when you turn on your lights a relay is activated that take power straight from the battery, effectively saving your oem harness from any damage caused by overload.

I am charging $60 for the harness with installation or $40 for just the harness. which is good insurance considering the alternative.

PM me or post if your interested.

thanks guys.

ryder_23
08-15-2004, 10:43 PM
This seems like somewhat of an advertisement...which is higly frowned apon

BTW, you can pick up relay's and wiring for a fraction of the cost....

alpha
08-15-2004, 11:51 PM
this is more just to make people aware of problems that could arise from using your oem harness alone to run your hids. I just learned of this problem myself recently.

yes you can buy the materials and make a harness yourself, if you do a search you can find schematics that show you how to make it.

But for anyone thats not inclined to do this work themselves I am able to make it for them, and after buying the materials there is hardly any profit made anyways, this isnt a business.

sorry for any confusion