PDA

View Full Version : Crowchild Tr. - Man Attempts To Jump Off Bridge.

BloNdie
08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
I drove down Crowchild going south today around noon and just after the bowtrail turn off the north traffic was stopped, there were cops everywhere, and I noticed a teenager sat on the outside of the bridge with two friends behind him. I don't want to start any rumors, but there were no accidents or anything, so all I can think is that someone was planning on jumping. When I came back to go north off richmond road around 1:00pm traffic was at a dead hault.
For a couple hours I would avoid that road all together, its not going anywhere!

Anyone know what was going on? I might be wrong!
Gave me goosebumps when I saw that guy up there :(

Melinda
08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
They said on the radio that police had completely shut fown north and south bound crowchild trail. They did not give a reason why. However, the road is now open again but they said to give it a bit before things are back to normal with the large volume of backed up traffic that was there

Marsh
08-16-2004, 04:15 PM
I heard from people that saw that the guy was threatening to jump, they had ambulances and everything underneath him.

Skyline_Addict
08-16-2004, 04:26 PM
wow, that's interesting.
i'm sure it'll be on the 6 o' clock news tonight.

Stratus_Power
08-16-2004, 04:43 PM
yeh just came back from Crowchlid, absolutely brutal traffic, avoid if possible.

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
yah, 5o clock news comes on in 30 seconds, ill let you know what they say

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Yup we got a jumper

E36M3
08-16-2004, 05:37 PM
That asshat disrupted traffic for a good part of the city.. the only real way to cut across south was to take 14th St to 26th Avenue and it caused a major jam.

If you're going to jump, go ahead and jump so we can scrape you off the road and get on with our lives. If not, go see a counselor.. if you want attention, just ask.

joseph
08-16-2004, 05:42 PM
^^^^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Fo sheeezee

Lorne@UrbanX
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
shitty deal!
SHo&go

illeagle
08-16-2004, 05:46 PM
did he at least jump? if not, what a waste of time...:thumbsdow

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 06:03 PM
nah he didnt jump lol

Gspotracer
08-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Agreed, jump off the bridge if you wish, but make it quick so we can continue using it for its intended purpose:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
08-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Gspotracer
Agreed, jump off the bridge if you wish, but make it quick so we can continue using it for its intended purpose:thumbsup:

come'on guys, let's be a little more humane here.

joseph
08-16-2004, 06:26 PM
^^^I would feel some sympathy for the guy if it didn't seem like he was an attention seeker, but c'mon I'm sure he could have found a much less conspicuous place if he had really wanted to kill himself. :dunno: For the most part people who really want to commit suicide go ahead and do it or someone finds them in some inconspicuous place and stops them, but someone who is craving attention will more likely try the calgary tower or something along those lines because they want a lot of people to see.

rage2
08-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
did he at least jump? if not, what a waste of time...:thumbsdow

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
nah he didnt jump lol

Originally posted by Gspotracer

Originally posted by joseph
^^^I would feel some sympathy for the guy if it didn't seem like he was an attention seeker, but c'mon I'm sure he could have found a much less conspicuous place if he had really wanted to kill himself. :dunno: For the most part people who really want to commit suicide go ahead and do it or someone finds them in some inconspicuous place and stops them, but someone who is craving attention will more likely try the calgary tower or something along those lines because they want a lot of people to see.
He didn't jump... so all that drama for nothing. He'd feel right at home here at beyond :thumbsup: :drama:.

Skyline_Addict
08-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by joseph

yeah... I think he needs to get some help regarding his socially incompatible inferiority complex here, but we're still talking about a human life.
yes, i think it's in line to say that he needs to get his head checked, but wishing he would jump off a cliff so you would get somewhere 15 minutes earlier is kind of pushing it, in my opinion.

googe
08-16-2004, 06:43 PM
lets find him and finish the job
whos for throwing him off?:D

speedymd
08-16-2004, 08:47 PM
speeking of hold ups does anyone know what was going on, downtown yesterday on 4ave bridge coming off of memorial west? it looked like bad accident or maybe shooting a movie?
maybe it was on the news and i missed it im too busy these days to watch tv or read anything besides school bks.

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 08:49 PM
lol googe

Melinda
08-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by speedymd
speeking of hold ups does anyone know what was going on, downtown yesterday on 4ave bridge coming off of memorial west? it looked like bad accident or maybe shooting a movie?
maybe it was on the news and i missed it im too busy these days to watch tv or read anything besides school bks.
Yep, they were filming a scene where a drunk driver got into a car accident. They've been filming scenes for it all over downtown during the weekend

AllGoNoShow
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
For commercial? Cause I duno if you pelple have seem them but the Austrialian Public Service announcements for Drunk driving fucking own, calgary needs to get some liek that, they actually proove the point of why not to drink and drive

air_mikey
08-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by rage2

He didn't jump... so all that drama for nothing. He'd feel right at home here at beyond :thumbsup: :drama:.

so true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FiveFreshFish
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Shit or get off the pot. Obviously, he wasn't ready to jump and should have had a game plan ahead. This guy is seeking help but did it the wrong way. Pretty selfish IMO. Guess if you're so fucked up, you don't think of others.

Yes, it's a human life but what about the thousands of lives affected by the 3-hour disruption? There could have been a medical emergency involving someone stuck in traffic that long, such as being late to get home for medication.

eur0
08-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by rage2

lol, what the nets good for i guess :nut:

statick
08-17-2004, 10:15 AM
anybody wana post a link to aussie drunk dirving ads ?

90TurboLude
08-18-2004, 05:27 PM
some cop shoulda shot him in the knee and dragged his ass off to jail, that woulda been a good use of a cop, none of this speeding ticket bull...

mindyou, my ticket was 120, and it costs 40 to autox.. .makes me wonder why i dont just autox my need for speed away... :drama:

-mike

Ben
08-18-2004, 05:42 PM
We need a pic of thos clown up on the bridge, so I can add a new caption for the forum to use "Look at me, I'm an attention Whore"

:rolleyes: