PDA

View Full Version : unmarked cop cars

wildrice
08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
oh sheit, i was downtown today, heading to td square, and saw a white durango unmarked cop car parked right on 7th ave
and on my way out, i saw a unmarked blue intrepid catch 3 ppl jaywalking also on 7th ave

i was laughing my ass off
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

voidX
08-16-2004, 06:41 PM
lol
i always spot em by the rims
thats really gay though about giving jaywalking tickets..
maybe if they kept driving around they might've caught someone raping a chick in an alley or robbing a store

1-Bar
08-16-2004, 07:25 PM
lol jaywalking...try fighting that ticket....

08-16-2004, 07:47 PM
yea you can tell the unmarked cars casue they have no hub caps on them, jay walking ticket is f-in gay

eblend
08-16-2004, 10:25 PM
yah i see that durango on 14th street lately right by the rockyview general hostpital

FiveFreshFish
08-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Do unmarked cars have daytime running lights?

I know the marked squad cars don't have them.

Davide
08-17-2004, 02:52 AM
I thought the T.A.C team drove in the unmarked Durangos(usually black)? reason I ask is because one of those suckers zoomed by me when that cop shot that black guy near 17ave S.E

bspot
08-17-2004, 09:54 AM
J-walking tickets are gay, except on 7th ave. Too many morrons get smoked by trains, or come close to it.

And the TAC team drives Suburbans for the most part.

GoChris
08-17-2004, 10:40 AM
what if you get stopped for jay walking and you say you dont have your ID. can you give them a false name or something?
what are they gonna do?

Skylinelover
08-17-2004, 12:08 PM
what if you get stopped for jay walking and you say you dont have your ID. can you give them a false name or something?
what are they gonna do?

Take your plate number:D

And how much are j-walking tickets.

And I always see that white durango doing photo radar on the way to calgarhy.

kaput
08-17-2004, 09:27 PM

voidX
08-17-2004, 09:30 PM
How the hell are you they going to get your plate number if you're walking LOL

Originally posted by Skylinelover

Take your plate number:D

And how much are j-walking tickets.

And I always see that white durango doing photo radar on the way to calgarhy.

sabad66
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
well sometimes people are sarcastic and make a joke...this is one of those times...

keroppi
08-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, men, be careful not to jaywalking in downtown these days... these cops are everywhere like a hungry wolf trying to get money out from your pocket!

Speeding is safer than jaywalking! ;-)

Skyline_Addict
08-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by 5.0
yea you can tell the unmarked cars casue they have no hub caps on them, jay walking ticket is f-in gay

why don't unmarked cars have hub caps?

H4LFY2nR
08-18-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm assuming its so that they don't fall off in high speed chases, less stuff to have to go back and pick up.:dunno:

HighVelocity
08-18-2004, 07:46 AM
I think it might also have to do with the fact that hubcaps coming off of a car going pretty fast can do a heck of a job in messing up bystanders. Imagine getting hit by a spinning hubcap travelling 100kph. Ouch...

cloud7
08-18-2004, 08:41 AM
for one I am cheering the cops for handing out jaywalking tickets in the downtown... simply because there is no reason for it. There are traffic signals on every block and if they can't wait 60 seconds to cross, they deserve the tickets... especially on 7th Avenue with the C-Trains.

bspot
08-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by rlde.us
what are they gonna do?

I thought there was some kinda law about having ID on you but I really have no idea.

7thgenvic
08-18-2004, 02:17 PM
its really good to know that the police are doing such a good job in our city! GOD BLESS THE CALGARY POLICE

VTEC_Junkie
08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah the excursions are the T.A.C. team, you know you are in some deep shit if one of these guys are looking for you

FiveFreshFish
08-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

why don't unmarked cars have hub caps?

This one does:

http://www3.telus.net/tmac/cop1.JPG

This is pr0's picture from this thread. http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=55533

H4LFY2nR
08-19-2004, 02:27 AM
^^Don't most have those little lug nut covers? Probally so that no one comes along and takes off a wheel right? But those are what makes it easy to spot the cop cars, black steelie with a chrome center cap cover thingy.

wildrice
08-19-2004, 01:16 PM
ya, but the chrome center cap cover thingy is only on their unmarked crown vics

no?

H4LFY2nR
08-19-2004, 04:58 PM
^ya probally . Now they're getting sneeky with their stock looking suv's/trucks with the lights behind the grills.

wildrice
08-20-2004, 10:53 PM
ya, like on the back of the intrepid i saw
in the rear windsheild, was like two rectagular shaped lights
the left was red, and the right was blue
you could only notice it if u were behind the car

huss
08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
yea...saw something funny today,

a trailer cop truck...it was like one of those smaller U-haul trucks but a police car....wierd

(probably shoulda started my own thread for this but oh well)

ryder_23
08-21-2004, 01:21 AM
^
no you shouldnt of..you did the right thing...

Note if anyone gets a chance...take pictures (like the oe above) of ghost cars, to paint some people who havnt seen em a clear picture...i'll dig up what i have and see what i can show :thumbsup:

Godfuader
08-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Jay walkin tickets can be fooled if u give a name that doesnt match the birth date...

I got stopped by those F****** on 7th bout a year ago. i gave my brothers name and my b-day cuz i told them i didnt have any ID.

The cop fell for it and to add to that, i asked that if dropping out of high school to becme a cop was the best he could do?

he wasn't too pleased and just told me to wait for the ticket, 1 year later and no ticket.

As for the shadow cars...
they have a baby blue ford windstar minivan
a white chevy venture
intrepids in black and green
durango in white

they mostly hang out on deerfoot to tag speeders...so if i see anything suspect on deerfoot...i just slam on the brakes.

Good luck
PEacE

eb0i
08-22-2004, 12:16 PM
i got tagged by a dark blue intrepid 3 weeks ago on deerfoot :thumbsdow

wildrice
08-22-2004, 08:22 PM
ya, that's what i saw on 7th
a dark blue/navish colored intrepid

nmack
08-30-2004, 12:49 PM
glad they are giving jaywalkers tickets...
tired of dumbasses jay walking, getting hit then suing

wildrice
08-30-2004, 06:41 PM
^^ya, and i totally get pissed when ppl actually STOP for jaywalkers

definetely a hazard, specially for a car possibly coming from the lane beside

ringmaster
08-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I like it when you ignore the j walkers and then when you come close to hitting them they give you the meanest look and/or finger you... lol like what did you want me to do... stop??

H4LFY2nR
08-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Just hit the stupid j walkers! Some are so stupid thinking that people have to yeild to them in the middle of busy roads. If they were not inside a crosswalk or an implied crosswalk you can sue them for the damages to your car.:D But I always stop for people at crosswalks and I wait for them to completely cross the road like your supposed to. Which makes me bring up stupid fawkers who honk at you to start moving as soon as a car is able to squeeze by the pedestrian.

noodles
09-02-2004, 12:27 AM
i saw a gold ford escape with the lights on following an ambulance on crowchild...

Tyler883
09-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
Jay walkin tickets can be fooled if u give a name that doesnt match the birth date...

I got stopped by those F****** on 7th bout a year ago. i gave my brothers name and my b-day cuz i told them i didnt have any ID.

PEacE

Thats funny. you just gave your brother an outstanding ticket that might get his ass hauled to jail the next time he has a run in with the police. Your brother will be pissed regardless of wether he can fight the ticket.

l8braker
06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Whoa, huge bump!

17th Ave. SW, this evening a normal paddy wagon pulled over some grubby van, and the passenger cop gets out and then out of nowhere about 10 seconds later a dark Ford cubevan pulled up wrong way down 9A St. SW and the Tactical Unit got out to do their thing. Holy shit, I never would have suspected that to be a police truck, but who really knows anymore!

adam c
06-30-2006, 11:05 PM
wow 2 year bump niceee

l/l/rX
07-02-2006, 04:00 PM
they also have cop trucks disguised at city of calgary trucks.

Slashin_
07-02-2006, 04:08 PM
.......they should TRY to clean up chinatown man....
i say try cause theyll never suceed lol us asian r jay walk kings.. lol only in china town thou,rest of the city is stupid to j-walk.esp on tracks....idoito

DragZilla
07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I've seen a black ghost Ford F-150... it had lights in the grill and in the windows... he had some guy pulled over on deerfoot by the airport

jcrules99
07-03-2006, 09:45 PM
cops are so tricky now..

tactical teams are navy blue or black excursions/suburbans
those guys are scary and mean!!!

Cooked Rice
07-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
yea you can tell the unmarked cars casue they have no hub caps on them

You can also tell because they often have a shitload of antennas or the huge long CB ones.

JRSC00LUDE
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Don't know if they've got any in Calgary but I was driving to Red Deer bout a month ago and my detector tipped me off to the unmarked white Dodge Charger that was doing radar on the way into Provost. Hadn't seen one o' those yet, f'in sweet cop car!

jdm_jspec
07-05-2006, 11:56 AM
haha a Charger:rofl:
cops cant keep up with people in their fast cars
while their in their ford crown victorias

Eleanor
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by jdm_jspec
haha a Charger:rofl:
cops cant keep up with people in their fast cars
while their in their ford crown victorias

I bet that their crown victorias are faster than a stock charger, I have a feeling that the crown vics aren't stock, call me crazy...... And it don't matter if you're doing more than 180, they don't even bother chasing you :P.

Stoppie
07-08-2006, 04:56 PM
i always spot em by the rims

thats not always true anymore... i got pulled over by one and he had normal rims on. I was kinda joking around with him saying "darn i always look for the rims on ghost cars" and he laughed saying "yeah we kinda caught up with you guys and some cars have different rims now, next time just look for the spotlight on the drivers side door" It was a slight speeding ticket... and he was pretty nice about it and gave me a break.

adam c
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

I bet that their crown victorias are faster than a stock charger, I have a feeling that the crown vics aren't stock, call me crazy...... And it don't matter if you're doing more than 180, they don't even bother chasing you :P.

thats what the chopper is for

Stoppie
07-08-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah everyone thinks that once u hit 180 they won't chase you... but they always forget about the helicopter. Once that heli gets its spotty on you, your done. You aint gonna get away.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
so you can outrun cruisers by going 180... but the heli can keep up?

asp integra
07-08-2006, 09:25 PM
i saw a really good ghost car yesterday at work, its a darker silver color (gunmetalish color) dodge ram 1500 4x4, 4 door and really the only thing that gives it away is the fleet sticker on the liscence plate, other than that it looks stock, the cop was saying they use it alot in construction zones so peps think its just a construction workers truck, pretty sneaky, so look out for this one, and i imagine there are alot more like this out there

Sprinter
07-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Cops should consider getting SRT-4's :thumbsup:

Stoppie
07-09-2006, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
so you can outrun cruisers by going 180... but the heli can keep up?

basically... cruisers can keep up with you doing 180 its just it becomes a hazard to everyone around, and becomes unsafe, so they back off. But the heli keeps following you, not like doing 180 is dangerous in a sky. Down in the US and maybe up here i know if it gets really outa hand they will radio truckers up ahead to get in your way, etc.

Don't know if they've got any in Calgary but I was driving to Red Deer bout a month ago and my detector tipped me off to the unmarked white Dodge Charger that was doing radar on the way into Provost. Hadn't seen one o' those yet, f'in sweet cop car!

wait you were in red deer and then going into provost? cause them two places are no where NEAR each other. Unless that is two different stories, or there is some other provost. Im thinking of the provost by the sask boarder that not alot of people know about.

l8braker
07-09-2006, 12:27 PM
you can outrun everything except a radio!

dino_martini
07-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Last week I saw a Ford Excurison (the huge ass suv) unmarked police car. Lately ive seen that white GMC Canyon, or colorado or what ever parked right by the construction going east bound just after the 14th street over pass on Glenmore. Remeber its 50 through there. People want to do like 70...

adam c
07-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
you can outrun everything except a radio!

id like to see u out run the helicopter.. 280km/h

l/l/rX
07-09-2006, 05:48 PM
you can also car if its a cop car by looking at the license plate.
the stickers that go in the corners...cop cars have black stickers that go there.
instead of having a sticker "Jan 06"

BerserkerCatSplat
07-09-2006, 05:52 PM
^ All fleet vehicles have that sticker.

nonsane
07-10-2006, 07:18 AM
The new F150 undercover police cars have a regular plate with regular registration, so that method isn't foolproof either.

The only way to tell on some of the F150's is there is a marker on the front fenders.

l8braker
07-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by adam c

id like to see u out run the helicopter.. 280km/h

it's been done. a few guys on here have done it.

l8braker
07-10-2006, 05:48 PM
if anyone is at chinook centre, the cps member who is based there drives around the parkade and mall property in a green chevy impala. i don't know if it's his personal car or an unmarked cps car. this guy is an easy spot, cheap neon sunglasses, haircut and he wears his uniform that is easily spotted from a mile away. SNEEKY... not. he might have changed this as the bike cop who works there said that they all read the forum and take notes

izzoblitzo
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I saw the unmarked Dodge Charger for the first time today.. it was slate grey/green, with blacked out wheels, dark tint, and lights in the grill and on the mirrors. Looks really sharp!! I'd drive it!!;)

adam c
07-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

maybe with the old helicopter.. id really like to see someone go faster then 280 down deerfoot

THELMIT
07-10-2006, 06:27 PM
first spot what the police chargers look like
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/THELMIT/25.jpg

Stoppie
07-11-2006, 01:40 AM

im pretty sure they were pullin ur leg pretty hard. the heli's top speed is 300km/h. And remember, even if ur car could do 300km/h... there is no way u could do that in the city. the helicopter doesnt have to follow roads. The heli can cross all of calgary in under 3 minutes.

dino_martini
07-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Ok. I was driving by the police lots up near the airport and saw a Burgandy Dodge Charger without rims pulling out of the lot. Ive also lately seen the police parking their big vans where the emergancy call box is on Glenmore right after the 14thstreet turn off going west. They hid them really good, and the guy times people beause its fifty through there. I saw a couple of people nabbed. One in a really nice RX7.:drama:

Slashin_
07-18-2006, 06:01 PM
there sneaky NOW iwas on 52nd some sucker got nailed my an white truck i dunno what model cause i don't care for trucks but it did look construion like truck with a silver tool box attachment near the cabin.. i had to get somthing from home so i pass by 52nd again the what do u know hes in front of me :eek:

TeamBestBud
07-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

i was talking to a cop once and he told me and my buddies that they swap out the normal engines when they get the crown vics and throw in mustang mach1 engines:dunno: i dunno if thats true or not but the cop was a chillin guy:thumbsup:

nonsane
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

i was talking to a cop once and he told me and my buddies that they swap out the normal engines when they get the crown vics and throw in mustang mach1 engines:dunno: i dunno if thats true or not but the cop was a chillin guy:thumbsup:

He was pullin your leg. The difference is i believe better suspension, a few more accessories, better altenator, and a chip for the engine.

DragZilla
07-19-2006, 03:11 PM
In black diamond they have 2 marked chargers... probally so they can keep up to the speeders on the highways out their... every one drives fast on those highways

Vietsta
07-27-2006, 06:57 AM
i seen a unmarked police last night... it was a white ford f150. fly past me on 16 ave

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-27-2006, 03:43 PM
gold/champaign colored SUV... a smaller one... maybe a Jeep brand (not to sure aoubt domestics) it was in a playground zone between McCleoud (sp?) and Elbow Drive on... 58th ave?

canadian_hustla
07-27-2006, 04:31 PM
gold/champaign colored SUV... a smaller one... maybe a Jeep brand (not to sure aoubt domestics) it was in a playground zone between McCleoud (sp?) and Elbow Drive on... 58th ave?

sounds like their newer model ford explorer.

Dooms_Bane
07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
they sold most of the old crown vics.....
i see normal people driving crown vics to...
now they get new cars
bad part is they still use some of those crown vics as undercover.
so they basically doubled their undercover force
for the people that are looking out for undercovers :)
kinda smart if you ask me.
few years of the crown vics.. lets people know what they drive
the switch around and the selling of the cars...
LOL
i just slow down to any car that speeds up like crazy.. thats stock other than an import

hussein
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Yea I have seen the white ford f-150. It has a metal storage box in the back as well as a metal kind of rack thing inbetween the storage box and the back window, it sticks up a little bit above the top of the cab's roof, if my memory serves me correctly.

slickk
08-17-2006, 10:59 AM

I think I saw this same vehicle pulling someone over on Deerfoot South yesterday.

I believe it was a champagne / beige colored Durango. Looked completely stock except for the black registration sticker on the license plate.