PDA

View Full Version : car alarm

evylgrynn
11-08-2002, 04:05 PM
Just to let you guys know,

I finally took my car to a shop in town, after giving up on Impressions who sound very polite in public but seem to be quite different in private. The shop fixed my alarm, they found the cause of the problem to be BAD CONNECTIONS/WIRING in the ALARM, which caused the intermittent problems. I would think that this is due to the install, I don't see my car going and changing the wiring by itself, as "impressive" tried to blame the problems on the car. Again, this is another shop telling me what they found with it. The ALARM now works fine, I have had no problems since.
As i was told by the installer, there were no problems with the car wiring, the problem was entirely in the alarm wiring, so there's the nightmare electrical problems he was talking about. I guess if you blame problems on other people or their cars, it makes the shops job easier, as they can justify not helping customers with their problems.
I will probably get bashed here or in private by those guys, but this is my experience, and I sure learned my lesson by this. I tried talking to the people at Impressions for 4 months, but I got nowhere with that. I am very glad that it finally seems to be working, I should have taken the car in somewhere right away, but I had hoped to get help from the shop where I bought the alarm. I know from the pms I recieved from other people that I wasn't the only one, and I hope other people won't have the same experience.

civic_el
11-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Before slaughtering me on this site like you seem to like to do I would really like to now which conncetion was bad. I have bwwn installing systems for 12 years so I am really interested in telling me what the bad connection was. I also told you told you everytime I called you to bring the car in and I'ld fix your problem so what exactly, did you want? Everytime you called I said bring it down and I'll check it out and you never did, so know you brought it somwhere else and they said it was bad wiring. of course they did is my competitor going to praise my shop by saying it was fantastic wiring. If you get satisfaction by bashing our shop online then that's something you're entitled to. You never gave me a chance to fix your problem, did you want me check the wiring through the phone. I will give anyone the opportunity to come into our shop and see how things are done, If you want to see how things have been done before we tie it up you can. Once again, we offer an unlimited lifetime warranty, but like any other shop you have to bring the car in to have it looked at! Which is something you never ever did, bash me, thrash me, say whatever you want, the truth is you never gave us a chance to look at it after you had problems, Anyone knows alarms are machines and machines have problems , that's why there is service shops, mechanics shops, and repair shops, but known of these places can fix your problems over the phone!!

rage2
11-08-2002, 04:51 PM
take it to PM guys. Thread closed.