PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian Grand Prix

BigMass
08-16-2004, 11:57 PM
most boring race in the history of F1? The funniest thing about that race was me and my friend taking bets on whether Schumacher would lap a podium position or not.

iceburns288
08-17-2004, 12:08 AM
I watched the whole thing to see who he could lap (pretty much up to p3) and I wanted to watch the post-race celebrations.

Scuderia Ferrari! World Champions! (not like you didn't know already,:D )

rage2
08-17-2004, 01:09 AM
There was 1 pass that I saw. I think it was a Sauber trying to pass a Jordan. By the corner exit, the Jordan got him back. That was it.

The start was exciting I guess, all the passing happened before turn 1 and 2!

Team_Mclaren
08-17-2004, 11:04 PM
hah, another gayass-boring F1 race missed live.....:thumbsdow

makes it 3 this year...

rage2
08-18-2004, 12:49 AM
I like how the announcers keep comparing the Ferrari domination with the 1988 Mclaren domination (Mclarens won all but one race that year).

It was WAY more exciting in 1988, Senna and Prost hated each other and both drove hard, so it was actually exciting to watch the 2 mclarens duke it out hard. No such thing as team orders unlike Ferrari's BS. Senna won the championship and won one more race that year than Prost.

If Ferrari's car continues to dominate, they're gonna bore the hell out of the F1 audience if they don't change the way they operate. Ferrari needs to drop Barachello, bring in a better driver that can challenge MS, and stop revolving the team around MS.

CKY
08-18-2004, 01:22 AM
why would batachiello leave? hes on the best team in F1 and leaving pretty much means taking 3rd place at best for every race

FiveFreshFish
08-18-2004, 01:56 AM
I'd like to see just one oval race in the F1 season. If NASCAR can do road circuits, why can't F1 do ovals?

cloud7
08-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Hungaroring is a boring, mickey mouse track by nature... and he improvements last year certainly did not make it more exciting... plus the fact of Schumacher's domination this year... If someone else won, it would by itself be more exciting.

On a side note, the ITV feed is great but TSN almost always cut the broadcast short... anyone noticed they cut the post-race press conference short? I had to switch to SpeedTV for the rest of it. At least they show part of it... the last time TSN cut off the press conference completely, I wrote a nasty e-mail to them. I also wrote a nasty e-mail to them after last year's first race when they used the Speed TV feed... hehehe

rage2
08-18-2004, 10:15 AM
hehe I hate the TSN feed. I wrote a whole bunch of nasty emails years ago to them because they never showed qualifying and practices. They do now.

hyperwhite
08-18-2004, 10:47 AM
then thank you Rage :thumbsdow lol

iceburns288
08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
If someone else won, it would by itself be more exciting.

How does that make sense? If Schumi go wrecked and Barrichello dominated it would be exciting? Please...:thumbsdow

Why does everyone hate Schumi? He's the best driver to ever come to F1, on probably the best team ever assembled in F1, and he deserves what he gets. Everyone wants to stop him, but there is no sense in forcing him out of the sport.

Barrichello's not good enough to challenge Michael... no one is.

cloud7
08-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
If someone else won, it would by itself be more exciting.

How does that make sense? If Schumi go wrecked and Barrichello dominated it would be exciting? Please...:thumbsdow

Perhaps I should rephrase my post... haha... don't mean to come across as a Schumi-hater. In fact, I was a Michael Schumacher fan... I even have his black DEKRA cap from his days with Benetton... I am still a fan to a certain extent. You gotta admire the man for his accomplishments. He is an amazing driver and have posted great results pretty much since the time he started F1.

This year, he simply dominated the competition... he made it seem so easy (although he keep insisting it is not easy as it look). Everytime I turn on the TV, I basically expects him to win... and he usually wins by 10 seconds or more.

Alpine Autowerks
08-22-2004, 07:06 PM
the action shot of the race was jean todt eating a bannana