PDA

View Full Version : honda engine/turbo question

eeseen racing
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
has anyone turbod a d15b7 motor before with a DSM turbo??

EK 2.0
08-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by eeseen racing
has anyone turbod a d15b7 motor before with a DSM turbo??

it really shouldn't matter which turbo you end up using...and what is your question about it??...you are not gonna find much help if no question is posed...

Forcefed
08-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Sean, a 14b will work nicely, all it is is simply fabing a manifold

eeseen racing
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
im asking if anyone has turboes the same engine

and it will matter what the turbo is in a way cuz where it mounts and the manifold i need to use but and turbo help will be great

EK 2.0
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
im asking if anyone has turboes the same engine

and it will matter what the turbo is in a way cuz where it mounts and the manifold i need to use but and turbo help will be great

well after you get the manifold and figure out where the turbo will sit, and point...you then go about measure for coolant feed and return lines...and then the oil feed line and how your oil return will tap into the pan...ABOVE the oil supply in said pan...

get all your parts and proceed from there...

and as far as manifolds go...there are a few people on Beyond who can build you one and great ones at that...as well as charge piping and what have you...

Essence
08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
lmao. ;) it will fit. downpipe will be able to fit with the stock o2 housing.

eeseen racing
08-17-2004, 08:56 PM
ok but the few things i need to know is.... with this motor do i need to change my ecu?? as well as the intake mani and dizzy??

those r the serious ones i need 2 address

EK 2.0
08-17-2004, 09:18 PM
ok but the few things i need to know is.... with this motor do i need to change my ecu?? as well as the intake mani and dizzy??

those r the serious ones i need 2 address

Distributor will work, intake manifold will work...don't know the exact specs on your engine, but you may need a larger fuel pump, injectors and a Fuel Pressure regulator...As for your ECU query, you will need to run either a piggyback ie AFC, E-Manage type dealie...OR find an Eprom ECU and burn an Eprom that will match your engines needs and outputs...

Hondata is the famous one...but now you "H" guys have UBERDATA...its essentially a free standalone...there are numerous people on this forum using it and from my research works amazing...

PM Dirty_SOHC, Legendboy, EGMike, Rage2, they all know about it, and what it will take for you to use it...plus they can tune it for you for a nominal fee I am presuming...

Essence
08-18-2004, 01:19 AM
its easier and cheaper to convert the engine to obd0 arif, since he's putting it in a obd0 car. therefore the dizzy wont work. :)

eeseen racing
08-18-2004, 05:06 PM
thanks man exacctly what i was looking for, is thye dizzy alll i ahve to change to make it a obd1 ??

Essence
08-18-2004, 07:57 PM
you dont wana make it obd1, you wana make it obd0 man.

eeseen racing
08-19-2004, 07:33 AM
o sorry is that all i need to do for it to be an OBD0 and i need an SI dizzy right??
i was told a 89-91 crx si ecu was needed

illeagle
08-19-2004, 07:40 AM
is your car dual port? 2 injectors might not supply enough fuel to run a turbo.. It's possible though, i've seen it done. Just add cold start injectors..

if your still dual port, you should do an Si d16 MPFI swap.

Essence
08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
hes doing the SI swap, since his new engine has a MPFI intake manifold on it(although a shitty one at that), he needs a Si Diizzy, and a Si puter (get a 90-91 puter, so you can chip it) and a resistor box. A few minor wirring changes and you're done.

add some 450cc injectors, a STD manifold with an adapter plate, a turbo, downpipe, some charge piping, a intercooler, tune it and you got one hell of a fast car. :)

eeseen racing
08-19-2004, 08:25 PM
beauty guys thanks a lot
ps Essence can you keep in touch incase i ahve some questions??

Essence
08-20-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm already in touch with you ;)