PDA

View Full Version : Spotted - Audi RS6

JCX
08-18-2004, 09:44 AM
On my way to work today, driving down 9th Ave through downtown I noticed a strange car ahead. It was an Audi, looked lowered with wide ass tires on it (almost looked like ill fitting). So my initial thought is some idiot in an A4 bought a set of uber wide wheels. As I get a bit closer I realize it's too big to be an A4. As I get really close I realize it's a damn RS6!!!

For some reason I didn't think they offered this car in Canada (read it somewhere). Checked the website and they indeed do. VERY interesting car, good sleeper look, terribly expensive. Anyone know what these cost up here? Couldn't seem to see it on the website.

BTW, no pics, it was rush traffic and I only saw it for a few seconds before it turned. :zzz: :cry:

Edit : Looks like price is $109,000

me&you
08-18-2004, 09:58 AM
There were only 85 sent to Canada in 2004 only. The US got them for 03 and 04.

JCX
08-18-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by me&you
There were only 85 sent to Canada in 2004 only. The US got them for 03 and 04.

Interesting. I'll consider myself lucky to have seen it then.:D

QuasarCav
08-18-2004, 10:03 AM
I saw one the other day driving down country hills blvd. I was trying to get him to rev it up so I could hear the twin-turbo goodness.

He pulled away quick and the sound was better than an orchestra.

ZorroAMG
08-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by JCX
So my initial thought is some idiot in an A4 bought a set of uber wide wheels.

Says the NEON driver....:rofl:

JCX
08-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

No hate man, I love the car actually. :nut:

What threw me off was from my vantage point and driving into the sun, the wheels looked like they had horrible offset. That's why I thought it was some maroon who put wrong sized wheels on. Once I got within a block of the car I noticed it was an RS6. :D

Take a breath man, it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I, unlike most, respect car guys in general. :devil:

Si_FlyGuy
08-18-2004, 11:17 AM
I've seen the car parked downtown a few times. It's beautiful...:love:. Looks great up close.

ZorroAMG
08-18-2004, 12:57 PM
I was just bugging you cause you were making fun of what potentially (if it was an A4) has Quattro and wide tires....do you not like traction? :D

All cool here! :thumbsup:

ninjak84
08-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Last week I was doing 130 on Deerfoot, and a silver RS6 blew by doing about 170!
I took a digital picture of it, but I'll post it later. Have to find my camera.

C4S
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
RS6 ? I saw few of those .. 2 Silver and a Black one, saw on on crowfoot few times.

For $110K , it is a good deal, ( consider it cost more then E55 in other conntries) however, it is still too late to have this nice car .. we should have it 3 yr ago ..

by the way, is it the RS-6 Plus ? or just the basic RS-6 ?

If that is the Plus, then it is different story .. very rare .. :D

JCX
08-18-2004, 03:18 PM
I was just bugging you cause you were making fun of what potentially (if it was an A4) has Quattro and wide tires....do you not like traction? :D

I was thinking more of the "mexican lowrider" look where the wheels stick out 6 inches past the fender. That was the inital impression. :bigpimp: :nut:

What do I know about traction, I'm FWD? :rofl: :cry:

keroppi
08-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I'd rather get a new E55 (of course more $$$ though). Also see one (or they might be diff ones?) in downtown outside of Husky building (8Ave/7St SW)

Nice!

turboMiata
08-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by C4S
by the way, is it the RS-6 Plus ? or just the basic RS-6 ?

If that is the Plus, then it is different story .. very rare .. :D

He said it was a car. So it must be RS6. The plus is only available in Avant and very very sweet. Calgary got 6 RS6 this year.

XylathaneGTR
08-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata

Calgary got 6 RS6 this year.

6? Damn...Someone at the dealership told me 3...that was a few months ago though, so i guess things have changed?

I saw one down Nosehill 2 weeks ago. Silver...Prolly the same one C4S saw.

C4S
08-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Probaby the dealer got 6, and sold 3 of them already .. I think Edmonton sold few of them as well ... :)

Nice car, but not huge different in look compare to a S6. :zzz:

ACX
08-19-2004, 11:24 AM

/makes note... :nut: :angel:

I saw a few when I was working in the OC. Very nice..

me&you
08-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Probaby the dealer got 6, and sold 3 of them already .. I think Edmonton sold few of them as well ... :)

Nice car, but not huge different in look compare to a S6. :zzz:

S6 only came to Canada in Avant form. RS6 only came in sedan form, so they do look quite different. I guess the front end is similar.

By the way, I forgot who said it, but there is no RS6 "plus". There is a factory exhaust system, but that about it. A few options and packages, but not one called "Plus".

FiveFreshFish
08-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by me&you
By the way, I forgot who said it, but there is no RS6 "plus". There is a factory exhaust system, but that about it. A few options and packages, but not one called "Plus".

There is an RS 6 Plus, at least in Europe.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3945&highlight=RS%206+plus

Altezza
08-20-2004, 04:25 PM
See one downstairs in the parkade at work. New E55 down there as well... RS6 made me do a double-take at first but looks nice. E55 looks like a monster of a car from it's size. Also saw an RS6 on Crowchild packed full of old seniors (including the driver).

^SkylinE^
08-20-2004, 04:44 PM
WHERE ARE SOME PIC I WANNA SEE ONE OF THESE:dunno:

hjr
08-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
WHERE ARE SOME PIC I WANNA SEE ONE OF THESE:dunno: can you people do nothing by yourself?

if you want to know what it looks like, dont whine on the internet, go to the audi page and take a look.

http://www.audicanada.ca/

ooooorrrrrrr, google it!

http://autozine.kyul.net/gallery/audi/RS6_1.jpg
http://autozine.kyul.net/gallery/audi/RS6_bk.jpg
http://autozine.kyul.net/gallery/audi/RS6_2.jpg