PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Lug Nut Adapter

dirty_magic
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM
I figured this is the place to post it, so I need a lug nut adapter. If I have to buy a whole set to get the adapter I will, it is important that I get my wheels off by the winter. If anyone knows where to get one of these, or has one to sell, let me know. The wheels are ADR's. 4 bolt.

craigcd
08-19-2004, 12:38 AM
Call the manufacturer they will send you one im sure. Or make one not a hard pattern to copy.

dirty_magic
08-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the advice, but im not sure who makes the lug nuts as I wasnt the original owner of these rims. Ive done some searching around, on ebay and on a few forum sites, and havent really seen exactly what i am looking for yet. If anyone is worried I am just going to use this tool to help myself to other peoples wheels I have pics to prove, and people to vouch that I do have these wheels, and have been asking them about this dilemma I have hit. Thanks

Michael

moose_8
08-19-2004, 10:17 PM
take it to a tire shop and they will hammer a bit in there and get it off you won;t have that lock nut any more but it will be off

dirty_magic
08-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah, thats what I am about to resort to. Just get the nuts off however I can, welding or whatever, and buy 4 more. One last chance for the nuts, anyone know who makes these, so I could start contacting manufacturers?

Gonthro
08-20-2004, 02:24 PM
if i was you i wouldn't waste my time, just get a bolt, weld it to the nut and crank it off there and throw the damn thing away... those locks are kinda crappy anyways, doesn't look too tough to replicate the key. take a large allen key and shave one side down more than the others...

QuasarCav
08-20-2004, 02:26 PM
I have a socket that looks alot like that pattern.

dirty_magic
08-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, im done with all this hassle, winters comin fast up here, so cold already. thanks for all the help guys.