PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, does anyone have any 'proof' that 03 bike laws are changing?

BlaCkPlaGUE
11-09-2002, 03:15 AM
I've been reading two posts about this, but no one has any proof that you must start riding a 300-400cc bike in 03. Everyone is saying that they heard it from a friend, or that their actuall registrar said this when they got their license this year. I hear alot of things too. I mean just becuase a guy on the inside says its gonna happen doesn't mean so. Once I had a shaw cable guy buy some shit off of me and we were talking. He was saying that in a month or two they are gonna start charging for bandwidth. He said like 5$ a gig over the set limit or some shit. I took his word for it and was telling people about it. Well that was in january, and it still hasn't happened.

I just want to see some kind of proof about these new bike laws becuase its got me edgy so to say. I just got my vf750 and I'm restoring a bit of it for the winter and plan to register it and get my license for next year. But this crap has got me wondering, and could fuck up everything that I have planned if true. It means that new riders will have to buy a friggen 400cc bike first, wich is extra money, wich sucks the big one. I understand the rule, if it is gonna happen, but I just want to know if anyone out there has some proof of this.

thx guys.

my first post.

RickDaTuner
11-10-2002, 03:49 AM
yeah im wondering that too, but for the cable interent thing thats true my ISP only allows 10 gigs down and 2 up anythign after that we start getting charged 2 bucks for every 1 hundred megs

SilverRex
11-11-2002, 12:35 AM
I have no clue why? kuz I dun ride a bike.. lol:rofl:

gpomp
11-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex
I have no clue why? kuz I dun ride a bike.. lol:rofl:

You know you're a postwhore when...

SilverRex
11-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

You know you're a postwhore when...

your right :clap: and I commend you for that.. and you should thank me for that.. now you have an extra post kuz of it.. good job

gpomp
11-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

your right :clap: and I commend you for that.. and you should thank me for that.. now you have an extra post kuz of it.. good job

No I shouldn't. I actually prefer to keep my post count low.

Adica
11-19-2002, 04:33 PM
i work at the registry (dmv) and i am pretty sure that those new bike laws are just bullshit! The government always try to propose new laws all the time but they never go through. The new proposals for 2003 deal nothing with motorcycles. What you hear are just stupid rumors that go around. So if I were you, i wouldn't worry about a thing.:burnout: And anyone who plans on getting their motocycle licence, don't worry about any new rules kicking in anytime soon. :D

kevie88
11-19-2002, 10:42 PM
It's not gonna happen.

hjr
11-27-2002, 10:37 PM
I think its good. Its too bad it wont happen

theken
12-23-2002, 02:55 PM
werd

midniteracer
01-01-2003, 04:54 PM
shaw doesn't charge if you exceed bandwidth limits.. but you may get a phone call to make you aware.

HillBilly
01-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Maybe having the bike laws change is for the better?

Often times, you get a gut that has never rode before, and the retard goes out and buys the fastest bike there is and thinks he is a pro. He ends up being a stain on the pavement.

Giving them a slower bike may not be the worst thing to happen...