PDA

View Full Version : meguiars protectant wipes

GTS Jeff
08-20-2004, 06:14 PM
man do these ever suck! i bought a can today cuz i dont like the smell of armor-all and cuz i figured meguiars might be nicer.

when i first used it, i thought it was great. 2 minutes later tho, all the gloss had either evaporated or beaded into droplets :thumbsdow

i guess its back to stinky armor-all.

ondubs
08-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Armor all is the worst product on the market.. I wouldn't touch that stuff, let alone put it anywhere near my suv. I haven't tried the meguiar's wipes, but I have been using there

Natural Shine and Lustre for vinyl and rubber
and the
Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

I swear by this stuff, clean the area first a slightly damp terry towel then apply product as directed with a terry towel..

you should check out meguiarsonline.com I'm pretty sure they back there product and would give you a refund of somesort?

- marc

Hakkola
08-20-2004, 06:52 PM
I use meguiars on my leather and it works very well, what surface are you applying it to?

GTS Jeff
08-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ondubs
Armor all is the worst product on the market.. I wouldn't touch that stuff, let alone put it anywhere near my suv.

- marc

care to elaborate!??

Originally posted by Hakkola
I use meguiars on my leather and it works very well, what surface are you applying it to? meguiars has a different leather product.

im using their vinyl, plastic, rubber protectant. it evaporates on some plastic and on other plastic it just beads. absolutely terrible.

three.eighteen.
08-20-2004, 09:36 PM
yeah armor all sucks...it doesnt wipe smoothly, eventually dries our your dash and cracks it

T5Bird
08-21-2004, 08:43 AM
I like 303, none of the adverse long term affects that armorall has. :thumbsup:

badseed
08-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Mothers Products, expensive but excellent

bigboom
08-21-2004, 04:17 PM
armour all is known to crack your vinyl and what not if you use it frequently. i would reccomend the 303 that t5bird talked about...you can get it at walmart

GTS Jeff
08-21-2004, 04:37 PM
update: meguiars has BLEACHED my door handles! they are black but turned whitish from the meguiars! i can only hope that something else will fix it

ondubs
08-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Armor All will crack your dash, I know this for a fact. I've had two work trucks now and both used armor all on the dash weekly. In less then three years both dashes were ruined.

If you guys ever have problems with the meguiars products, go to there website it's very helpful and the people there can help you with all your questions.

- marc

Rockski
08-22-2004, 12:01 PM
shitty deal about the handles dude, thats gotta suck hardcore

Resnostyle
08-24-2004, 09:47 PM
ne other bad products out? tire shiners, waxes?

GTS Jeff
08-24-2004, 10:08 PM
UPDATE 2: returned the meguiars and got some simonizer stuff. its ok, but its not very glossy. door handles still pooched. gonna try 303 or mothers when i find it (has to be in the form of wipes, i dont really like spraybottles (cuz they leak when theyre just lying around in my trunkbag)