PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Auctions

Zero102
08-21-2004, 05:44 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows what auction places deal with written-off cars?
I did some searching and came up empty handed =(
I am hoping to pick up a smashed up newer TDI for my swap.

CalgarySS
08-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Impact auctions in the NE.

Appropriately named

Gonthro
08-21-2004, 10:08 PM
http://www.impactauto.ca

Zero102
08-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Thanks, that is a rather appropriate name, lol.

Essence
08-22-2004, 11:36 AM
there are so man y cars there that are victims to floods, I never realised that a flood rwrecks a vehicule. :)

hjr
08-22-2004, 11:42 AM
floods ruin cars. fuck up the electrical and whatnot. imagine trying to replace the whole whire harness in a car. they can destroy tranny's and engines and interiors etc...

Rockski
08-22-2004, 12:09 PM
impact is a sub company of adesa right?

anyways sometimes at the public auctions for adesa they have writen off cars

forkdork
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
impact is a sub company of adesa right?

anyways sometimes at the public auctions for adesa they have writen off cars

Yeah I think it is.... I know my dad used to buy cars from Impact but that was like 10-15 years ago back when you didn't need any liscence or anything to buy wrecked cars from here :)
7. Customer registration. You must be licensed under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, or be a licensed autowrecker, body shop, auto parts supplier or rebuilder to register your business to buy at the Auction. For your application to be processed, the Customer Registration Package must be completed. Photocopies of the following must be provided with your application:

· Articles of Incorporation and/or a Valid business license - stating the legal name and address of the business
· GST registration number and GST/QST Election Form in the form prescribed by the Canada Revenue Agency
· Retail Sales Tax registration number (where applicable)
· Out-of-Province Declaration (where required)
· Non-dealer Declaration form - for all non-dealers
· Valid drivers license for each applicant
· Valid Motor Vehicle Dealer License (if applicable)
· Registered Identification number (RIN) (if applicable)
· Garage License (if applicable)
· Bank letter - to be provided annually
· Registration fee - to be provided annually

Zero102
08-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Hmm, that sucks. Now I am going to have to find somebody that is registered to buy the car for me. That will be difficult.

Rockski
08-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by forkdork

Yeah I think it is.... I know my dad used to buy cars from Impact but that was like 10-15 years ago back when you didn't need any liscence or anything to buy wrecked cars from here :)
7. Customer registration. You must be licensed under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, or be a licensed autowrecker, body shop, auto parts supplier or rebuilder to register your business to buy at the Auction. For your application to be processed, the Customer Registration Package must be completed. Photocopies of the following must be provided with your application:

· Articles of Incorporation and/or a Valid business license - stating the legal name and address of the business
· GST registration number and GST/QST Election Form in the form prescribed by the Canada Revenue Agency
· Retail Sales Tax registration number (where applicable)
· Out-of-Province Declaration (where required)
· Non-dealer Declaration form - for all non-dealers
· Valid drivers license for each applicant
· Valid Motor Vehicle Dealer License (if applicable)
· Registered Identification number (RIN) (if applicable)
· Garage License (if applicable)
· Bank letter - to be provided annually
· Registration fee - to be provided annually

yea dealer registration can be such a pain in the ass

Originally posted by Zero102
Hmm, that sucks. Now I am going to have to find somebody that is registered to buy the car for me. That will be difficult.

:D no it wont :D

Xtrema
08-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Wow many 0km salvages, did they fall off a truck or something?

2003 ACURA 3.2CL FY920 0 Km FRNT END S 6 AB-SALVAGE CALC

Gonthro
08-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Wow many 0km salvages, did they fall off a truck or something?

2003 ACURA 3.2CL FY920 0 Km FRNT END S 6 AB-SALVAGE CALC

the milage is probably unknown because it is a digital odometer and the wiring got all screwed up so they cant turn the car on to get a reading.

Zero102
08-23-2004, 03:42 PM
rockski, are you implying that you are registered there? Or perhaps know somebody that is?

Gonthro
08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
my buddy is a realitor and he is registered there... he doens;t have a resellers business, but maybe he used his realitors gst number or something... not sure.

Rockski
08-23-2004, 05:30 PM
dude, i can hook you up with registered dealers all over the province and most places all over canada... im working on starting an auto brokers firm too so if you know anybody who's looking for high end (mecedes, bimers, porshces, caddys) i can hook up, mostly i can deal in domestics, but im sure i can hook you up with what you need, little tougher on imports though, but like i said i can hook up... i know somebody in dealer registration at adesa calgary and she owes me a LOTA favors...

nismodrifter
08-23-2004, 05:49 PM
yep unfortunately you need to be registered as a business/whatever to purchase from Impact Auto now.....used to be open to everybody...

Rockski
08-23-2004, 08:31 PM
i can still get it... the person that owes me favors can get it still

Zero102
08-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Hmm, I will be interested in the future. Need to save up some cash for the car. I am curious about what prices the cars go for though. Can any person from the general public go in and watch an auction?

Rockski
08-23-2004, 11:26 PM
NO, theyre very strict about that, they have closed sales most of the time and public ones ever so often (1 every month or 2)

Zero102
08-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Damn. Oh well, perhaps I can speak with somebody who frequents the auctions, and ask them to watch what certain cars go for.

Gonthro
08-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Damn. Oh well, perhaps I can speak with somebody who frequents the auctions, and ask them to watch what certain cars go for.

there isn't a general price for any ceritan type of car because the damage to the vehicle always varies so its hard to estimate a price... and if you are looking for a vehicle to fix and drive keep in mind these are all writeoffs so it will take a lot of time and money to get them back on the road, as they will need a very thurough writeoff inspection...