PDA

View Full Version : persistant zits

GTS Jeff
08-22-2004, 02:08 AM
ok, im not a pimple monster or anything, but there are 3-4 zits that keep appearing and reappearing in the same few places over and over again. what gives?

i use some neutrogena zit death tingle gel twice a day and it kinda helps. i dont think my face gets particularly dirty nor oily, so what gives? wtf?

RiCE-DaDDy
08-22-2004, 02:13 AM
hahahaha jeff

ok sorry, get some cream that uses benzoyl peroxide 2.5%
use some kind of cleanser first like when u shower, then use the cream

Roaring G60
08-22-2004, 03:26 AM
ingrown hair/folical?????

benyl
08-22-2004, 08:45 AM
Wash that area before you sleep and when you get up.

blinkme_210
08-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
hahahaha jeff

ok sorry, get some cream that uses benzoyl peroxide 2.5%
use some kind of cleanser first like when u shower, then use the cream

What's the difference between 2.5% benzoyl peroxide as opposed to 5%? In theory, wouldn't 5% be more helpful?

FiveFreshFish
08-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Cut back on greasey food.

GQBalla
08-22-2004, 01:48 PM
you drink too much...

Weapon_R
08-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

What's the difference between 2.5% benzoyl peroxide as opposed to 5%? In theory, wouldn't 5% be more helpful?

Yep. I used to buy the store bought 2.5%, and that didn't do shit. Then I asked my doctor to give me something, and he gave me a 10% benzoyl peroxide...

blueripper6
08-22-2004, 02:21 PM
put toothpaste on it when you sleep, make sure u wash it first.

it helps, i dunno but you just dont wont have breakouts when u do it, and then your zits will dissapear naturally which wont take that long.

badseed
08-22-2004, 02:59 PM
"Some people say I eat to many chocolate bars"

Does anyone remember that commercial??

blueripper6
08-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Yea, but chocolate is good for your skin.

only 70% cocoa or more heh, eat it, it has anti oxidents.

everything else is bad.

blinkme_210
08-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Yep. I used to buy the store bought 2.5%, and that didn't do shit. Then I asked my doctor to give me something, and he gave me a 10% benzoyl peroxide...

And how is that working out for you? Because as the benzoyl peroxide concentration goes up, isn't the the skin more susceptible to "burn" and dry out?

Weapon_R
08-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

And how is that working out for you? Because as the benzoyl peroxide concentration goes up, isn't the the skin more susceptible to "burn" and dry out?

Yes, it does burn for the first little while. I didn't use the wash, but the gel that you put on areas that are affected or whenever you get a zit. I no longer use it anymore because i've found something much better.

I just went to a dermatologist who subscribed some pills that I take in moderation now - helps curb the problem considerably. I take it once a week, or during exam time or other stressful situations, as often as once a day. It helps dramatically.

three.eighteen.
08-22-2004, 09:24 PM
aloe vera all over the face every day works wonders if you a zit monster

Potato
08-23-2004, 10:07 AM
okay, first of all, what you eat does not effect your complexion, unless you are a really sloppy, gross eater. Badseed, I do remember that commercial, it was hilarius.

I recommend Aveda face cleanser and exfolient, it is very expensive, but you pay for what you get. It works. Your face will clear right up. Do not over wash, and keep your greasy dirty fingers off of your face. Also be careful with public telephones or anything that could have a lot of grease on it.

As far as ointments go, do not abuse or overuse because it will burn you and leave a disgusting scar. Who the hell wants that?

GTS Jeff
08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Yea, but chocolate is good for your skin.

only 70% cocoa or more heh, eat it, it has anti oxidents.

everything else is bad. actually i kinda have noticed a correlation between eating chocolate, chips, etc and getting zits. i usually stay away from chocolate for this reason.

three.eighteen.
08-23-2004, 01:24 PM
thats cus all those foods are "yeet hay"

Hakkola
08-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Potato
okay, first of all, what you eat does not effect your complexion, unless you are a really sloppy, gross eater.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
actually i kinda have noticed a correlation between eating chocolate, chips, etc and getting zits. i usually stay away from chocolate for this reason.

Jeff is right here, everybody is different though, I used to get lots of pimples and chocolate would make them occur instantly. I went on accutane and it helped a lot. What I find helps now is if the pimples only come in from time to time drink LOTS of water, especially after eating things that you find don't help your skin...

Stay away from all the creams and shit, they do more damage than good, I used to use all kinds of shit and it just made my face worse, now all I use is Cetaphil. I put it on my face at night. It's just a skin cleanser. I also found that when I got some sun on my face I got fewer pimples.

mo_virgin
08-23-2004, 02:47 PM
I know most people get zits when their skin is too oily, but for me it used to come when my skin got too dry. Just a though... because if your using all these cleansers, drugs, toothpaste, creams its really hard on your skin and even harder to keep it moturized.

JohnnyBlaze
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
:rofl: :rofl: hahahaha i used to always get that from my parents

Seanith
08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by badseed
"Some people say I eat to many chocolate bars"

"Or that I didn't wash my face". :rofl:

blinkme_210
08-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

Lol shit, any food that is non-Chinese, my parents say it's yeet hay.

blueripper6
08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
chocolate bars and junk food is bad for you and your skin.
But if u were to eat solid chocolate with 70% or more cocoa, it contains antioxidents, which helps ur body and ur skin.

lam-boy
08-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
chocolate bars and junk food is bad for you and your skin.
But if u were to eat solid chocolate with 70% or more cocoa, it contains antioxidents, which helps ur body and ur skin.

solid chocolate taste like shit.

d-UNiT
09-04-2004, 03:39 PM
i too keep getting recurring (sp) pimples.. .. they keep coming back.. i mind as well give them names.. :drool:

Benny
09-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Go on Accutane. Strong shit. It dries the living hell out of your lips and skin, but it works. I used to get quite a few pimples, I went on Accutane and now I only get maybe one a month. It's easy to use as well. Just wash your face twice a day and take the pill after dinner. No weird creams to leave on overnight or anything like that. Believe me, when your face finally starts clearing up completely you will be a happy guy.

JAYMEZ
09-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Bad diets also make pimples come back , i cant remember but i think pimples around your mouth are bad diet , and pimples on your forehead mean your stressed.

Proyecto2000
09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Bad diets also make pimples come back , i cant remember but i think pimples around your mouth are bad diet , and pimples on your forehead mean your stressed.

if thats right im under alot of stress lol

JAYMEZ
09-05-2004, 01:07 AM
^^ im pretty sure it is right. If you have really bad zits , try acutane , or if your just an odd few days of the month , you should be the Clinque line for men , the soap , clarifyin lotion , works really fuckin well :thumbsup:

Proyecto2000
09-05-2004, 11:31 AM
most of the time the zits appear on my forhead after having a previously tense day, but ima look into that Clinque line for men u said thx

d-UNiT
09-05-2004, 12:22 PM
im going to try acutane .. sounds like a winner

Benny
09-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Be warned though. You have to get those blood tests done every month and have to follow the course that the doctor gives you before Accutane goes to town on your liver. For a while, Accutane is hell but it all becomes worth it when it starts to work (which was on like month 5 for me.)

JAYMEZ
09-08-2004, 02:37 AM
Acutane makes you go worse before you go better , its REALLY harsh on your lips( Cracked ,Bloody , nasty looking ) , you have been warned :whipped:

lam-boy
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
so accutane is a face wash and a pill?

and i get pimples on my cheeks..but back then I never got pimples..only when I turned 18 I got them..I'm only 19 now but shit..its on my cheeks and its really pissing me off cause my face isn't clear no more. (and if I get it on my cheeks what does that represent? mixture of bad diet and stress? haha I have noooo clue)

I use face wash everyday (when I wake up and before I goto bed) and I then use moisturizer that doesn't clog up the pores and shit so yeah....any advice?

rio_rex
09-08-2004, 12:54 PM
I'v also heard that accutane has been known to cause depression, there was actually a lawsuit against accutains' manufacturer a few years back were some kid started taking it and commited suicide a few weeks later...but who knows, maby they might have fixed up that shit by now...all i can say is when i tried taking it a few years ago before they changed it, i felt like shit, so be forwarned and talk to ur doc about all its side-effects.

saiyajin
09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
i had to give up accutane 1month in...yes it does give u crazy dry skin an chap lips..cant stay in the sun very long..an i had random nose bleeds which totally sucked when i was in school i would be standing there an my nose starts bleeding and STi is rite it makes ur skin really bad before it starts to kick in :banghead:

1badPT
09-08-2004, 04:11 PM
When I read the title from the main page of the forum, I thought this thread was about "persian tits". :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS - What I thought were zits actually turned out to be a mild skin allergy - I was reacting to my pillow case!

three.eighteen.
09-10-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by rio_rex
I'v also heard that accutane has been known to cause depression, there was actually a lawsuit against accutains' manufacturer a few years back were some kid started taking it and commited suicide a few weeks later...but who knows, maby they might have fixed up that shit by now...all i can say is when i tried taking it a few years ago before they changed it, i felt like shit, so be forwarned and talk to ur doc about all its side-effects.

i had a friend on accutane, said it made him crazy too...from what i understand accutane is almost like taking "The Pill" for chicks...so imagine the hormonal havok it causes when youre a dude

basically i find this works:

-really scrubby/rough face wash every day, st ives makes a nice unisex looking one in a white tube, orange lid, has salycylic acid, and apricot seed crumblies in it, its like sand

-a facewash called spectro-jel or spectro-gram2 works good too, make sure you follow the instructions and rub for a good 30 secs

-if its really that bad, rubbing alcohol on your face before bed followed by aloe vera all over your face (juice from the plant clippings work best), if its not bad, aloe vera just makes for nice healthy skin anyway

-don't touch your face

this works awesome for me, but i guess i never really had super complicated acne, but enough to piss me off

H4LFY2nR
09-10-2004, 02:59 AM
Go to your doctor and ask for Dalacin. You need a persciption because it is an antibiotic. It comes in a bingo dabber thing and is like rubbing alcohol. It works WAY better than the OTC brand peroxides and is not crazy on your liver/digestive tract/hormones/skin like accutane.

JAYMEZ
09-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Dont use acutane if you dont look like the " Alot of people say i eat to many chocolate bars " guy..

and Lam , its probably your soap your using that could make you do that ? I dunno, maybe switch.

N'Syncro
09-10-2004, 10:08 AM
I've got a few 'persistant zits' that always come back too. One on my left shoulder, and one in my ear. It doesn't matter what you do to it (clean it), every week or so, it'll come back.... for like years now. I wish I knew how to get rid of them. My dermatologist is a real dick, and doesn't care about anything except making money.

Also, I've been on basically every kind of acne medicine there is. I think i'm finally growing out of it (I'm 22), but back in HS, I took acutane 2 times which is rare, and they were going to throw me on it for a 3rd even, that binger dabber crap (doesn't work), and the latest thing I took was neu-doxacycline pills which were ok, plus some cream w/ a high ben. peroxyde content.

I never really had severe acne ever.. But persistant, and alot on my back. The acutane probably helped the best, but that shit is really harsh. My lips still get really chapped and my eyes are still super sensitive to light, and I burn really easily in the sun to this day.... 4yrs later.. And it really messes up your emotions. I used to be grumpy all the time on it. I guess they took it off the market for awhile b/c a bunch of teens in the USA were commiting suicide.

babiedoll
09-23-2004, 07:29 PM
I remember reading somewhere that accutane will change the chemical make-up of your face...but it has been proven to work...I find that exfoliating your skin once a week in the shower with apricot scrub and using clean and clear cream cleanser with the dual fighting moisturizer works for me...keep in mind though that this is for mild acne...

Also, if you do too much to your skin (through experimentation) can irritate it and make it worse...so watch out for that...

stress and lack of sleep will alter your hormonal balance and will usually cause a bad break-out...

rumor also has it that you'll get your last acne zit after the age of 24...but, that is a rumor...

I personally get facials every 3 months or so and do at home facials whenever my skin feels abnormally greasy or dry...

Jassie
09-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Washing your face too much (like 2-3 times a day) can make you break out bad. Drinks tons of water (It'll help some), It'll help balance out the oils in your skin. If it's really bad I'd go see your doctor. My Ex Boyfriend took Accutane and he was miserable all the time, His lips were always peeling, He couldn't go out in the direct sunlight, His face was itchy and patchy, just gross.

finboy
09-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jassie
Washing your face too much (like 2-3 times a day) can make you break out bad. Drinks tons of water (It'll help some), It'll help balance out the oils in your skin. If it's really bad I'd go see your doctor. My Ex Boyfriend took Accutane and he was miserable all the time, His lips were always peeling, He couldn't go out in the direct sunlight, His face was itchy and patchy, just gross.

accutane can fuck you up, i had a split lower lip for 4 months straight, even talking would cause it to open up and start bleeding.

after 6 months my face cleared up, but the acne came back to a lesser extent, tried it again for a few months and got the same side effects. i said to hell with it.

now the acne is more under control, i'd rather have that then a dry face and constantly bleeding lip :thumbsdow

illeagle
09-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

"Or that I didn't wash my face". :rofl:

"My brother says it'll go away, but i don't think so no.."

I still have acne, and it pisses me off.. I've tried accutane, Perscription pills, and Proactive.. I'd say proactive works the best..

@lchy
11-02-2004, 01:44 AM
go to your doctor and get minocine, its a super mild oral antibiotic that works well for stuations like yours

t-im
11-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by @lchy
go to your doctor and get minocine, its a super mild oral antibiotic that works well for stuations like yours

minocine made me so dizzy after 1 week! Can't imagine what acutane would be like if I ever took it

SpoonEK9@STRD
11-02-2004, 02:49 AM
stay away from modified starch if you dont want zits.
usually can be found in lots of products you eat including white bread.

Skyline_Addict
11-02-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy
so accutane is a face wash and a pill?

and i get pimples on my cheeks..but back then I never got pimples..only when I turned 18 I got them..I'm only 19 now but shit..its on my cheeks and its really pissing me off cause my face isn't clear no more. (and if I get it on my cheeks what does that represent? mixture of bad diet and stress? haha I have noooo clue)

I use face wash everyday (when I wake up and before I goto bed) and I then use moisturizer that doesn't clog up the pores and shit so yeah....any advice?

yeah....and sleep is very important. stress, certain foods and lifestyle can affect it too. back in highschool when I had some very mild acne, I took some medicine called minocycline. after taking just two prescriptions of it, I have seen very very little acne whatsoever since (1-2 zits every half a year, tiny cases which went away in a day or two). it works very well for mild cases and can be accompanied by a cream for the initial stages when your skin is still blemished. after a month, your skin will clear up and the breakouts will stop. this medicine did not have any side effects; no blackouts, going nuts, chapped lips, etc. daily over the counter face wash may help as well, keeping the oil balance in check. that's all it was for me...perhaps taking accutane is a little extreme, and from the responses, doesn't necessarily deliver the results. the worst part about acne is the scarring, so you should be prepared to treat that once your acne clears up.

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
11-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Accutane works wonders!! kill it at the source and be done with it for good. I took it back in junior high for about a year. The side effects arnt that bad at all ( well at least wernt in my case). As long as I always had chapstick on hand it was ok. Made a big mess of my liver ( drinking and accutane dont mix) but that eventualy healed itself up nicely. Accutane was of course my last resort and its not recomended for everyone. Best bet to talk to a dermatologist....make sure to catch it before the scaring takes place....scares are permanent, where as dry lips and a little liver damage can heal up nicely :thumbsup: